U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Can any U.S. city really compare to Los Angeles, California?
Yes 56 69.14%
No 25 30.86%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-30-2008, 02:40 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
10,418 posts, read 13,967,197 times
Reputation: 5580

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
We can't all be real, Sav. I don't care if you like LA, but to compare it to New York is honestly the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. New York and London stand in a league of their own. End of story. Look at the economic output of this city... Look at the international political influence it has. Screw Hollywood. In the real world, Hollywood has 0% meaning. Turn off "I Love the 80s" and wake up. You're out of high school, correct? Get your MBA and then try to tell me NYC is less than LA.
Yes you do seem to care if anyone likes LA b/c many times when they do, you come in and bark at them about how NYC is better in so many ways. If you didn't care then you wouldn't constantly come into threads and talk negatively about LA all the time. If you don't think LA is comparable to NY then fine, that is your opinion. But others feel differently and you need to learn how to respect other people's opinion b/c they aren't wrong, or right for that matter. Seriously stop treating your opinions as facts too b/c it makes you sound really arrogant. Stop bringing NYC into every single thread and topic of conversation that has nothing to do with NYC. Wake up and realize that people are sick of your constant cheerleading of NYC and don't really care. Realize that your opinion is ONE of about 300 MILLION and is not anymore valid or important than anyone else's here.

 
Old 09-30-2008, 03:54 PM
 
Location: los angeles
5,031 posts, read 8,203,591 times
Reputation: 1359
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
We can't all be real, Sav. I don't care if you like LA, but to compare it to New York is honestly the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. New York and London stand in a league of their own. End of story. Look at the economic output of this city... Look at the international political influence it has. Screw Hollywood. In the real world, Hollywood has 0% meaning. Turn off "I Love the 80s" and wake up. You're out of high school, correct? Get your MBA and then try to tell me NYC is less than LA.
What you don't understand, it appears, is that your need to forever interject your city into discussions suggests that you are insecure or a troll
 
Old 09-30-2008, 04:09 PM
 
Location: Houston Texas
2,899 posts, read 1,317,190 times
Reputation: 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
What you don't understand, it appears, is that your need to forever interject your city into discussions suggests that you are insecure or a troll
the same could be said for you
 
Old 09-30-2008, 04:25 PM
 
Location: los angeles
5,031 posts, read 8,203,591 times
Reputation: 1359
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
the same could be said for you
So when do I comment on Houston or New York, etc to merely trash talk without any data to back up my claims? This is why so many Californians are puzzled by some posters who attack LA or San Diego. Nobody even cares here what the rest of the nation thinks about California & we have the manners to not put-down other cities unless having to defend some lame\ false statements about our state. We know we live in a very exciting state but don't flaunt it. But when some yahoo gets nasty it is only natural to point out how less appealing some states are compared to California [that's reality
 
Old 09-30-2008, 04:56 PM
 
Location: Scarsdale, NY
2,775 posts, read 8,612,663 times
Reputation: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Yes you do seem to care if anyone likes LA b/c many times when they do, you come in and bark at them about how NYC is better in so many ways. If you didn't care then you wouldn't constantly come into threads and talk negatively about LA all the time. If you don't think LA is comparable to NY then fine, that is your opinion. But others feel differently and you need to learn how to respect other people's opinion b/c they aren't wrong, or right for that matter. Seriously stop treating your opinions as facts too b/c it makes you sound really arrogant. Stop bringing NYC into every single thread and topic of conversation that has nothing to do with NYC. Wake up and realize that people are sick of your constant cheerleading of NYC and don't really care. Realize that your opinion is ONE of about 300 MILLION and is not anymore valid or important than anyone else's here.
We can all dream, I guess. But I never sleep... Just like New York. I'm nocturnal. I live in reality. LA is not more important, more diverse, larger, or more influential than NYC overall. Deal with it.
 
Old 09-30-2008, 05:02 PM
 
Location: Houston Texas
2,899 posts, read 1,317,190 times
Reputation: 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
So when do I comment on Houston or New York, etc to merely trash talk without any data to back up my claims? This is why so many Californians are puzzled by some posters who attack LA or San Diego. Nobody even cares here what the rest of the nation thinks about California & we have the manners to not put-down other cities unless having to defend some lame\ false statements about our state. We know we live in a very exciting state but don't flaunt it. But when some yahoo gets nasty it is only natural to point out how less appealing some states are compared to California [that's reality
There is a difference, I have lived in California, you haven't lived or even been to NYC or Houston. Your say what you percieve, we say what we have experienced.
 
Old 09-30-2008, 05:03 PM
 
Location: Houston Texas
2,899 posts, read 1,317,190 times
Reputation: 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
We can all dream, I guess. But I never sleep... Just like New York. I'm nocturnal. I live in reality. LA is not more important, more diverse, larger, or more influential than NYC overall. Deal with it.
You da man future cop
 
Old 09-30-2008, 05:08 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
10,418 posts, read 13,967,197 times
Reputation: 5580
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
There is a difference, I have lived in California, you haven't lived or even been to NYC or Houston. Your say what you percieve, we say what we have experienced.
you might want to scroll back a page and read post #61 before you make that claim.
 
Old 09-30-2008, 05:16 PM
 
Location: Scarsdale, NY
2,775 posts, read 8,612,663 times
Reputation: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
What you don't understand, it appears, is that your need to forever interject your city into discussions suggests that you are insecure or a troll
I don't bring NYC into a conversation undeservedly. I base my boosterism on facts and facts only. I'm not bringing NYC into a conversation regarding mountains or natural beauty, but when it comes to urban discussions, it's nearly impossible to exclude NYC, especially while discussing America's real number one city of culture, importance, size, and influence. NYC is unbeatable. If you can accept the fact, that's when I will put an end to my "irrational" and yet truthful behavior.
 
Old 09-30-2008, 05:32 PM
 
Location: los angeles
5,031 posts, read 8,203,591 times
Reputation: 1359
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
There is a difference, I have lived in California, you haven't lived or even been to NYC or Houston. Your say what you percieve, we say what we have experienced.
It helps to at least scan previous comments before making an uninformed comment. I lived in New York & have visited Houston twice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top