Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can any U.S. city really compare to Los Angeles, California?
Yes 56 69.14%
No 25 30.86%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 01:15 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,479,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMetropolis View Post
Los Angeles is not overrated it's underrated
Chicago is underrated, Philly is underrated, Milan (Italy) is underrated... Los Angeles is overrated. Neighborhoods in their city look like neighborhoods in our suburbs.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:45 PM

940 posts, read 3,183,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
I'm a Bleacher Creature... One of the loudest and most annoying creatures in the bleachers. That's what I am and I'm proud of it. I got thrown out of an Angels vs. Yanks game in Anaheim with my friends for "inciting a riot" and I love football, baseball, and hockey, and basketball. My favorite radio station is 1050 sports radio. My idol was Paul O'Neill and if you don't know who he is you really know nothing about baseball and my favorite football player ever was Tiki Barber and although you may know who he is, I bet you don't know what position he played. I could go on all day about sports, as you see in the Baseball section of this site... But I don't think it's your place to call me a nerd when you don't even know me. Mind your own damn business.
so defensive! nerds can be obnoxious for attention since they lack it. nerds can also be sports fans. my point taken! thanks for the confirmation!

Old 10-02-2008, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCali4LifeSD View Post
so defensive! nerds can be obnoxious for attention since they lack it. nerds can also be sports fans. my point taken! thanks for the confirmation!
Okay, you got me. I'm Napoleon Dynamite.
Image courtesy of (from) http://www.theempire.com.au/images/2...eadknocker.jpg

Old 10-02-2008, 02:58 PM

2,498 posts, read 11,413,901 times
Honestly, I have lost respect for almost everyone who got really confrontational in this thread. Not that it really would matter to any of you, all that matters is trying to win pathetic arguments. Every other city must look at the Angelenos and New Yorkers on this forum and think they are the most self centered and psychotic members. Do any of you care about your reputation on this thread? Some of you have lost all credibility, from BOTH cities.

Old 10-02-2008, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missionhome View Post
Honestly, I have lost respect for almost everyone who got really confrontational in this thread. Not that it really would matter to any of you, all that matters is trying to win pathetic arguments. Every other city must look at the Angelenos and New Yorkers on this forum and think they are the most self centered and psychotic members. Do any of you care about your reputation on this thread? Some of you have lost all credibility, from BOTH cities.
amen!

Old 10-02-2008, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Okay, you got me. I'm Napoleon Dynamite.
Image courtesy of (from) http://www.theempire.com.au/images/2...eadknocker.jpg
i knew it!!! thanks 4 coming out of the closet

Old 10-02-2008, 03:05 PM

My credibilty has gone nowhere. Unlike "Wesside," I actually go out of my way to put up the cold-hard facts. I don't really care if Wesside doesn't believe them, but as long as I can reach out to a few lost souls, that's enough to make my day.

Old 10-02-2008, 03:44 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,581,712 times
Quote:
My credibilty has gone nowhere. Unlike "Wesside," I actually go out of my way to put up the cold-hard facts. I don't really care if Wesside doesn't believe them, but as long as I can reach out to a few lost souls, that's enough to make my day.
You list things about NYC that aren't even appealing hoping that most people won't bother to look up the facts. I lived in "Bedford-Stuyvesant;" it is a dangerous ghetto unlike what you prefer to to pretend.

Old 10-02-2008, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
You list things about NYC that aren't even appealing hoping that most people won't bother to look up the facts. I lived in "Bedford-Stuyvesant;" it is a dangerous ghetto unlike what you prefer to to pretend.
You clearly lived in NYC during the hard times. Bed-Stuy is actually an up & coming community. Certain streets are dangerous, but there are some extremely nice brownstones there that are going for a lot of $$$$. Welcome to New York City... the 2008 version.

Old 10-02-2008, 04:02 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,581,712 times
Quote:
You clearly lived in NYC during the hard times. Bed-Stuy is actually an up & coming community. Certain streets are dangerous, but there are some extremely nice brownstones there that are going for a lot of $$$$. Welcome to New York City... the 2008 version.

Right, and I'm sure most people are going to rush into Brooklyn to check out all the cool neighborhoods You can't BS those who know. Aside from Manhattan all the other boroughs of NYC are ugly high rise\ hardly any trees\ cold-looking dismal streets\ very uninviting & no reason for anyone but a compulsively defensive New Yorker to boast about. Next you'll be selling us on how great life is in the Bronx or Staten Island & Queens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.