Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 02:49 PM

2,245 posts, read 7,192,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Exactly. If you like upscale shopping....Texas has Northpark,Highland Village, 2 Galleria Malls, Uptown Park, even a few malls in the suburbs.
LOL. I have never heard of a mall inside the city limits. What different cities we live in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 04:13 PM

5 posts, read 8,233 times
A rather large city with fairly bad shopping, at least compared to similar cities, is San Diego. The malls here, unless I've missed one, appear to be from the 1980's and they even still sell Vans shoes. San Diego appears to be a place time forgot in the shopping sense. Even large outlets, such as Targets are hard to come by.

Old 09-28-2008, 04:17 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,857,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDer345 View Post
A rather large city with fairly bad shopping, at least compared to similar cities, is San Diego. The malls here, unless I've missed one, appear to be from the 1980's and they even still sell Vans shoes. San Diego appears to be a place time forgot in the shopping sense. Even large outlets, such as Targets are hard to come by.
what's wrong with Van's?

Old 09-28-2008, 04:20 PM

5 posts, read 8,233 times
Nothing really. Goes well with the swatch watch booth. Honestly, swatch was next to the Vans display. True story just about three weeks ago.

I expected Madonna to be playing the mall, but she never showed.

Old 09-28-2008, 05:44 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,500,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
i've been to both New York City and Dallas and I prefer the shopping in Dallas because i can actually afford to buy things there. It's fun to window shop in New York City but i left with nothing.
Obviously you've never been to Queens, Brooklyn, the Bronx, or the areas around the Village (Canal Street, for example). You people don't get the NY experience, you eat at Pizza Hut and say you had NY pizza. Well guess what? I believe Pizza Hut just shut down a few days ago in the whole state! Woo-hoo! Now you want some NY pizza? Try Lombardi's in Little Italy...

You don't need to be rich to buy something of quality in NYC. You just have to leave Midtown.

Old 09-28-2008, 07:31 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainulinale View Post
LOL. I have never heard of a mall inside the city limits. What different cities we live in.
what????? you don't make sense

Old 09-28-2008, 07:32 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
Obviously you've never been to Queens, Brooklyn, the Bronx, or the areas around the Village (Canal Street, for example). You people don't get the NY experience, you eat at Pizza Hut and say you had NY pizza. Well guess what? I believe Pizza Hut just shut down a few days ago in the whole state! Woo-hoo! Now you want some NY pizza? Try Lombardi's in Little Italy...

You don't need to be rich to buy something of quality in NYC. You just have to leave Midtown.
why travel to NYC when we can pretty much get everything we want here in the south???

Old 09-28-2008, 10:14 PM

2,300 posts, read 6,183,871 times
Milwaukee. It may well be the biggest city in the country without a Nordstrom. They were the last city in Wisconsin to get retailers like Borders, Cost Plus, Costco, Whole Foods, even Petsmart. They all had stores in smaller cities like Madison, Appleton and even Eau Claire before finally opening a Milwaukee location. Not all of these stores are in all these cities, but Milwaukee has always been among the last large cities in the country in landing major retailers, particularly those that could be considered a bit higher end.

Old 09-28-2008, 10:23 PM

9 posts, read 21,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDer345 View Post
Nothing really. Goes well with the swatch watch booth. Honestly, swatch was next to the Vans display. True story just about three weeks ago.

I expected Madonna to be playing the mall, but she never showed.
You do realize that Vans have made a comeback? My whole school wears them.

Old 09-28-2008, 10:45 PM

97 posts, read 229,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Refugee56 View Post

What major City or Metro Area has the worst selection of stores, shopping malls and eating establishments?
I have not seen many major ones that have little to choose from. Here in the Valley (Phoenix) it is basically malls & shopping centers with houses. That seems to be the principle/principal (either way is fitting) source of entertainment.. shopping & eating. 24/7

Maybe Detroit..?? It looked pretty grim when I was there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.