U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Imagine that the United States would convert to the metric system, what would you do?
Be happy and thankful! GO GO metric!! 4 57.14%
Well, It's OK... after a while I realized why the world use it and how simple it is 1 14.29%
Be MAD!!! because I don't know how easy it is to use it 0 0%
Move to Burma or Liberia (only the countries who don't use metric) 1 14.29%
Probably kill myself 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-29-2008, 02:31 PM
 
338 posts, read 476,613 times
Reputation: 49

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Because the guys who keep bringing this up want us to be European. They won't be happy until we fork over 65% of our income in taxes, squeal like little girls to Europop, and fall to the grass like nancyboys every time somebody kicks our shins in a soccer match.

Jesus on a minibike. Move back to Europe already.
Not only Europe use metric system.
Asia, South America, North America (Except USA), Australia, Africa etc. use metric

 
Old 09-29-2008, 02:33 PM
 
Location: CALIFORNIA!!!
4 posts, read 5,857 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
You're not from the US are you?
Yes I was born in the US and have lived here my entire life.
Loving a easy, worldwide used measurment system does not mean you're not from the US.
And as Mattias said, Not only Europe use metric.
 
Old 09-29-2008, 02:33 PM
 
28,905 posts, read 46,712,118 times
Reputation: 46025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
Not only Europe use metric system.
Asia, South America, North America (Except USA), Australia, Africa etc. use metric
Well, Australia is the only manly country in the bunch. And those guys still use the English system in everyday conversation. They hate metric, too. But the government rammed it down everybody's throat.

So, given how it's implemented in most countries, I guess you have to have a serious submissive side as well to like metric. You must like women with whips who wear leather catsuits.
 
Old 09-29-2008, 02:35 PM
 
28,905 posts, read 46,712,118 times
Reputation: 46025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yollish View Post
Yes I was born in the US and have lived here my entire life.
Loving a easy, worldwide used measurment system does not mean you're not from the US.
Well, you also then know that majority rules in this country. And the vast majority of people in this country don't give a rip about the metric system. The only native-born Americans who actually want metric have pocket protectors, stay up all nice playing Dungeons and Dragons, live in the basement of their parent's house and have a secret fondness for Spandex that they hide from the friends.
 
Old 09-29-2008, 02:36 PM
 
338 posts, read 476,613 times
Reputation: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Well, Australia is the only manly country in the bunch. And those guys still use the English system in everyday conversation. They hate metric, too. But the government rammed it down everybody's throat.

So, given how it's implemented in most countries, I guess you have to have a serious submissive side as well to like metric. You must like women with whips who wear leather catsuits.
Well let USA adopt to the metric system, but you could still use english system in everyday conversations
 
Old 09-29-2008, 02:39 PM
 
11,172 posts, read 22,363,867 times
Reputation: 10919
Am I missing something that suddenly during this past week of September 2008 the issue of our system and the metric system is suddenly such a huge topic?????

can we just get over it?
 
Old 09-29-2008, 02:39 PM
 
28,905 posts, read 46,712,118 times
Reputation: 46025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
Well let USA adopt to the metric system, but you could still use english system in everyday conversations
In short, shove a system that nobody wants down everybody's throat, but deign to allow them to use it in everyday language because it's really the system that everybody prefers to use.

Yup. That makes all the sense in the world.
 
Old 09-29-2008, 02:40 PM
 
11,172 posts, read 22,363,867 times
Reputation: 10919
by the way the choices and wording of this poll are very stupid. can we close it down? how many do we need?
 
Old 09-29-2008, 02:40 PM
 
Location: Chicago
38,690 posts, read 89,169,700 times
Reputation: 29451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
Well let USA adopt to the metric system, but you could still use english system in everyday conversations
Get this through your thick skull: THE U.S. DOES NOT WANT TO ADOPT THE METRIC SYSTEM. We don't go over to your country and tell you how to measure crap. We'd appreciate the same courtesy. If metric is that important to you, move somewhere else instead of trying to bend 300 million people to your will.
 
Old 09-29-2008, 02:40 PM
 
338 posts, read 476,613 times
Reputation: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
Am I missing something that suddenly during this past week of September 2008 the issue of our system and the metric system is suddenly such a huge topic?????

can we just get over it?
Well we could discuss it... if you don't like it go away
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top