U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2008, 03:55 PM

5,835 posts, read 4,064,776 times

Advertisements

It's one thing to hear about mothers that abandon their newborn babies on a strangers doorstep, but when you actually see footage of someone doing this, it is probably one of the most shocking things I have ever witnessed. With most states having an "ask no questions" policy at hospitals for unwanted babies, how could anyone just leave a baby only hours old, outside on the steps of a building, or in a trash bin, or even worse, kill it. How???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 03:58 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,217,832 times
www.ketv.com/cnn-news/17553170/detail.html

This guy actually left nine children, 1-17yrs old at an emergency room and it was done legally.

I hate to judge as you never know the situation but that is unfathomable to me.

Old 09-30-2008, 12:59 PM

1,719 posts, read 6,144,080 times
Is the deal 17 and under? Pretty crazy. How about we all just give up our personal responsibilities, take the chip and give all our money away because the government will take care of us all?

Old 09-30-2008, 01:03 PM

27 posts, read 98,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry For Cheese View Post
Is the deal 17 and under? Pretty crazy. How about we all just give up our personal responsibilities, take the chip and give all our money away because the government will take care of us all?
Well in some cases it's either spend tax dollars caring for a child in foster care or spend tax dollars prosecuting someone who's abused or murdered a child. It's never good deal for us, but at least the kid could have a chance.

Old 10-01-2008, 02:15 PM

597 posts, read 1,157,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puffle View Post
It's one thing to hear about mothers that abandon their newborn babies on a strangers doorstep, but when you actually see footage of someone doing this, it is probably one of the most shocking things I have ever witnessed. With most states having an "ask no questions" policy at hospitals for unwanted babies, how could anyone just leave a baby only hours old, outside on the steps of a building, or in a trash bin, or even worse, kill it. How???
Is it happen in USA?? I never can imagine it. I thinkd it is a third world people comportment not people from a superpower. Why is it happen?

Old 10-02-2008, 02:31 PM

681 posts, read 2,772,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry For Cheese View Post
Only in Nebraska can you "safe haven" a child up to 17. Everywhere else has a much narrower age range, usually pretty close to the birth of the child, I think.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:44 PM

1,528 posts, read 5,716,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAZILIAN View Post
Is it happen in USA?? I never can imagine it. I thinkd it is a third world people comportment not people from a superpower. Why is it happen?
it happens everywhere... this isn't new, to the US, much less the world.
Its because people can be very scumy, in all part of the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.