U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-01-2008, 06:47 PM
 
1,178 posts, read 3,442,260 times
Reputation: 403

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukwoo View Post
By 2042 many (possibly most) Hispanics will be reclassified/considered "white".

Remember, back in the 1800s, the Irish and Italians were considered by many WASPs to be non-white and inferior.
You're wrong. Most of these "Hispanics" are either Mestizos (Mixed Indians with white Spaniards: heavily favoring the Indian side), or Indians. They are a completely different race, unlike the Irish and Italians. So while the Irish and Italians assimilated amongst other whites, the Indians and Mestizos will never be able to do so, for they are not of the same race. Assimilation is not acculturation, but is rather the view by the general population of sameness. With such physical differences, it's unlikely that there'll be any assimilation without mongrelization, which could happen. However, such is not wanted, as it will be "genocide" of white Americans, not to mention innovation will come to an abrupt end, as all people are not the same in intelligence. Just look at the countries they come from, as well as their general IQ scores. These are facts. Look them up.

 
Old 10-01-2008, 06:53 PM
 
1,178 posts, read 3,442,260 times
Reputation: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cle440 View Post
Whats wrong with the country being less than 50% white?

Right now, the country is about 76% white, so its going to be a long time before its less than 50% anyways. I heard it would be at 2050.
This country hasn't been about 76% white since about 1987. Right now, this country is about 65% white and falling fast.

It was 89% white in 1960.
It was roughly 85% white in 1970
It was roughly 79% white in 1980.
It was roughly 73% white in 1990.
It was roughly 69% white in 2000.

Note: Arabs, middle eastern hasidic Jews, and western Asians (Afghans, Pakistanis) are all lumped in with the white category, skewing the numbers. However, you also have to look at the "non-hispanic" white category, that keeps out the Mestizo "hispanics". However, it does include the groups mentioned above.

So, in reality, the true non-hispanic white population may only be about 62-63% white. ...And the genocide rolls on.........
 
Old 10-01-2008, 07:38 PM
 
1,149 posts, read 5,248,501 times
Reputation: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraper Enthusiast View Post

Note: Arabs, middle eastern hasidic Jews, and western Asians (Afghans, Pakistanis) are all lumped in with the white category, skewing the numbers. However, you also have to look at the "non-hispanic" white category, that keeps out the Mestizo "hispanics". However, it does include the groups mentioned above.

So, in reality, the true non-hispanic white population may only be about 62-63% white. ...And the genocide rolls on.........
The "true non-Hispanic white population" in say the Appalachian probably have more admixture (mostly from native Americans) than a lot of the populations you like to exclude. There's a good reason why Autosomal DNA tests (as well as mtDNA and Y chromosme which are more useful to study historical human migrations, read about Spencer Wells, for instance) from Ancestrybydna and similar companies are more popular among European-Americans than Europeans, North Africans and Middle Easterners, where Europids originate.

Don't focus too much on geography either. There are Russians living in Vladivostok, close to the North Korean border.

Arabs are diverse. Those from the Levant look different from the Arabian peninsula. North Africans are not all Arab. Genetic studied have shown arabisation of North Africa was mainly a cultural process. The natives are Berber or Amazigh, as they call themselves. Some of them are blondish. Such as the Riffians. Carleton Coon, an American physical anthropologist found that they can pass for Irish if differently clothed.
Example http://mathildasanthropologyblog.fil...erchildwh1.jpg (I have been to Ireland and I can say for sure the kid can pass for Irish)

Pakistanis are in the Asian category.
Persons reporting some other race, percent, 2000 (http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/meta/long_68184.htm - broken link)
Even so it's simplified. The Kalasha are Europid or Caucasoid.
Examples http://bp3.blogger.com/_LMJTE1hXCeM/...px-Kalashg.jpg
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/3/3b/Kalasha_Man.jpg (broken link)

I somehow doubt your skills in physical anthropology. Classification systems are man-made anyway.

You should also look up the meaning of genocide.
Cambridge Dictionaries Online - Cambridge University Press

I'm not against having sexual preferences and wanting to live among people who look like oneself, or have the same culture.

"As man advances in civilisation, and small tribes are united into larger communities, the simplest reason would tell each individual that he ought to extend his social instincts and sympathies to all the members of the same nation, though personally unknown to him. This point being once reached, there is only an artificial barrier to prevent his sympathies extending to the men of all nations and races."
- Charles Darwin

Last edited by internat; 10-01-2008 at 07:46 PM..
 
Old 10-01-2008, 11:20 PM
 
Location: Cleveland
3,070 posts, read 10,710,629 times
Reputation: 961
Well, the "white" percentage in the USA right now is 74%. If you dont want to count hispanic-whites, than I guess it would be closer to 66% or possibly less. But think of it like this, do you see Christina Aguilera as white? or Cameron Diaz? I do. Those are the people who wont be counted if you take away the hispanic-whites. I would definitely add Cameron Diaz in the white category.

But like I was saying, why does it matter if the country is going to be less than 50% white? That sounds kind of racist to me, this country was built on immigration and diversity, thats a good thing. I am a non-white myself, Im hispanic, bi-racial, whatever you want to call it (half puerto rican, half white). I think its a good thing that the country is becoming more diverse.
 
Old 10-01-2008, 11:33 PM
 
173 posts, read 587,352 times
Reputation: 55
Ameica can be mixed, no problem. But American freedom and innovative spirit must be passed on.

With globalization and better and faster transportation, whole world will be mixed up. This is the trend. Economy decides all things. You guys are worried about something nothing can changes. Move to Europe? They are more and more diversified too.

If you are well to do, help the disavantaged. If others are better, let's feel happy for them. This is what I want to do with people from other races. It is the true meaning of the life.

Last edited by NiceJohn; 10-01-2008 at 11:42 PM..
 
Old 10-01-2008, 11:40 PM
 
Location: southern california
55,679 posts, read 74,671,253 times
Reputation: 48200
many people wont like that.
no rich white kids to sell dope to
no pretty white women
nobody to blame when our life is not going like we want.
everyplace is a ghetto
no more "good" neighborhood to move to
no more mr rogers neighborhoods
just coast to coast mean streets
 
Old 10-02-2008, 04:53 AM
 
1,178 posts, read 3,442,260 times
Reputation: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by internat View Post
The "true non-Hispanic white population" in say the Appalachian probably have more admixture (mostly from native Americans) than a lot of the populations you like to exclude. There's a good reason why Autosomal DNA tests (as well as mtDNA and Y chromosme which are more useful to study historical human migrations, read about Spencer Wells, for instance) from Ancestrybydna and similar companies are more popular among European-Americans than Europeans, North Africans and Middle Easterners, where Europids originate.

Don't focus too much on geography either. There are Russians living in Vladivostok, close to the North Korean border.

Arabs are diverse. Those from the Levant look different from the Arabian peninsula. North Africans are not all Arab. Genetic studied have shown arabisation of North Africa was mainly a cultural process. The natives are Berber or Amazigh, as they call themselves. Some of them are blondish. Such as the Riffians. Carleton Coon, an American physical anthropologist found that they can pass for Irish if differently clothed.
Example http://mathildasanthropologyblog.fil...erchildwh1.jpg (I have been to Ireland and I can say for sure the kid can pass for Irish)

Pakistanis are in the Asian category.
Persons reporting some other race, percent, 2000 (http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/meta/long_68184.htm - broken link)
Even so it's simplified. The Kalasha are Europid or Caucasoid.
Examples http://bp3.blogger.com/_LMJTE1hXCeM/...px-Kalashg.jpg
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/3/3b/Kalasha_Man.jpg (broken link)

I somehow doubt your skills in physical anthropology. Classification systems are man-made anyway.

You should also look up the meaning of genocide.
Cambridge Dictionaries Online - Cambridge University Press

I'm not against having sexual preferences and wanting to live among people who look like oneself, or have the same culture.

"As man advances in civilisation, and small tribes are united into larger communities, the simplest reason would tell each individual that he ought to extend his social instincts and sympathies to all the members of the same nation, though personally unknown to him. This point being once reached, there is only an artificial barrier to prevent his sympathies extending to the men of all nations and races."
- Charles Darwin
While much of western Asia was once populated by whites, today most of it is mongrelized, the result of migrations and invasions. I'm not claiming that there isn't white blood within the population, only that it's less than enough to make the population look European/white. Whites in the Appalachians, who may have some "native american" blood, are overwhelmingly European, usually no more than three to six percent "native american" at best, and hence they look what they are, white (ninety seven percent white is white, while an arab at fifty percent white or less is not). People relate to them as whites, so they are. "Blacks" that are only fifty percent white are related to as black, so certainly whites that are ninety-seven percent white can be related to as white, even if light skin and other white racial features are recessive traits.
 
Old 10-02-2008, 08:56 AM
 
Location: ITP
2,133 posts, read 5,622,188 times
Reputation: 1347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraper Enthusiast View Post
This country hasn't been about 76% white since about 1987. Right now, this country is about 65% white and falling fast.

It was 89% white in 1960.
It was roughly 85% white in 1970
It was roughly 79% white in 1980.
It was roughly 73% white in 1990.
It was roughly 69% white in 2000.

Note: Arabs, middle eastern hasidic Jews, and western Asians (Afghans, Pakistanis) are all lumped in with the white category, skewing the numbers. However, you also have to look at the "non-hispanic" white category, that keeps out the Mestizo "hispanics". However, it does include the groups mentioned above.

So, in reality, the true non-hispanic white population may only be about 62-63% white. ...And the genocide rolls on.........
Dude...I'm being very serious here, don't ever use the word genocide like that. How in the hell is a shrinking white population akin to violently slaughtering a whole group of people? You are way too demented. Something tells me that you are incredibly insecure.
 
Old 10-02-2008, 09:02 AM
 
Location: Chicago, Illinois
3,047 posts, read 8,143,086 times
Reputation: 1373
LOL...does it matter? it's not like whites are going extinct like the dodo bird.
 
Old 10-02-2008, 09:11 AM
 
Location: In my view finder.....
8,521 posts, read 13,998,526 times
Reputation: 8079
That day is today. No place is perfect. My parents and grandparents have told me dozens of stories about how glowing up black was tough for them, but not once did they say America is not the land of all.

Race is not the issue in America. The issue is how deal deal with it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by CMDallas View Post
Power to us Bi-Racials!
I can't wait until that day, the day in which America will show that it is truly the land of all.
That you don't have to have White or black skin, or funny looking eyes and eat salsa to be an American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top