U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 10:13 AM

8,524 posts, read 8,368,957 times

Advertisements

Exactly. What matters to me is not who is the majority or minority but who is productive. Being productive as citizens is what makes this country great not your "class status" as a citizen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
LOL...does it matter? it's not like whites are going extinct like the dodo bird.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:26 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,309,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraper Enthusiast View Post
You're wrong. Most of these "Hispanics" are either Mestizos (Mixed Indians with white Spaniards: heavily favoring the Indian side), or Indians. They are a completely different race, unlike the Irish and Italians. So while the Irish and Italians assimilated amongst other whites, the Indians and Mestizos will never be able to do so, for they are not of the same race. Assimilation is not acculturation, but is rather the view by the general population of sameness. With such physical differences, it's unlikely that there'll be any assimilation without mongrelization, which could happen. However, such is not wanted, as it will be "genocide" of white Americans, not to mention innovation will come to an abrupt end, as all people are not the same in intelligence. Just look at the countries they come from, as well as their general IQ scores. These are facts. Look them up.
Bull****. Pure unadulterated bull****. Your use of terms such as mongrelization and genocide is evidence of your racist mindset, and attempting dressing up your racist beliefs with discredited pseudoscience is akin to David Duke taking off his white hood.

The United States has, over its entire history, taken in "foreign" looking people and turned them into Americans. We're a better and stronger country for it. People with your beliefs 200 years ago would strongly disagree with you that Irish, Italians, and Jews were "white", and your denial of that is denial of historical fact.

I'm non-white, my wife and white, and our daughter is a mongrel by your standards. I suppose I'm contributing to the downfall of "white" civilization, but you know, I don't give a **** about what you racists believe.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:43 AM

576 posts, read 781,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimihendrixfan View Post
According to: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7559996.stm whites will become a minority in 2042.

Is this actually possible? Did the people who made this estimate make prior estimates on population demographics? Were those prior estimates accurate?

How can whites become a minority if they comprise about 70% of the population? Does this include illegal immigrants and the prison populations?

In addition, with the increase of the hispanic population to 1/3 of the population, will the following possibilities become likely?

a) Will there be many proposals for a bi-lingual country?
b) Will there be proposals that will seek to financially and politically aid Latin American countries more often, most likely Mexico? i.e. amnesties
c) Will discrimination against whites and possibly non-whites become commonplace?
d) Will Latin American music dominate our country's music scene?
e) Will Americans of Mexican descent see themselves as Mexicans instead of Americans? Will the reconquista become a reality?

Note: I'm only about 10 so I'm not very knowledgeable on all of this stuff.
I don't know about data you refer. But if true, it is very, very good. What's the problem? All people are same: White, Black, Yellow, etc... The diference is just the place where we was born. What make white people be better than others?? I think if any day the world become a "mix place" the world will be to much better.
P.S.: I am white.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:59 AM

9,186 posts, read 13,738,100 times
God, some people on here are embarassingly racist.

Grow up. Get over yourself.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:05 AM

17,499 posts, read 14,170,353 times
Given the current rate of illegal immigration and our proximity to Central and South Americas I'd say that year is sooner not further.

Old 10-02-2008, 04:45 PM

1,148 posts, read 4,130,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraper Enthusiast View Post
While much of western Asia was once populated by whites, today most of it is mongrelized, the result of migrations and invasions. I'm not claiming that there isn't white blood within the population, only that it's less than enough to make the population look European/white. Whites in the Appalachians, who may have some "native american" blood, are overwhelmingly European, usually no more than three to six percent "native american" at best, and hence they look what they are, white (ninety seven percent white is white, while an arab at fifty percent white or less is not). People relate to them as whites, so they are. "Blacks" that are only fifty percent white are related to as black, so certainly whites that are ninety-seven percent white can be related to as white, even if light skin and other white racial features are recessive traits.
Mongrel is a term for dogs.

Migrations and invasions have happened in the British Isles as well. Read Dienekes' Anthropology Blog: The Litoroid Race in the Bronze Age
You seem to magically think a guy called Ringo Starr (Litoroid) is magically white and this Persian guy is not http://images.ntalebzadeh.multiply.c...&nmid=67061480

Phenotype is not everything. They can still pass on the traits in the F2 generation. This is not about what you wish to be true. European-Americans are overwhelmingly Europid but not really more than Europids in Europe, North Africa and the Middle East. Amerinds have been accepted more than Negrids, which kept them out of the gene pool because of the one-drop-rule.

Read Backintyme Essays Blog Archive Afro-European Genetic Admixture in the United States

Last edited by internat; 10-02-2008 at 05:19 PM..

Old 10-02-2008, 04:48 PM

2,281 posts, read 1,917,991 times
My question is to what do we attribute the rise of the white man. What is it that makes a white man better somehow than another man. Throughout history they have been notorious for their lust for power and their ability to make things go their way. They obviously have not obtained their objectives through raw strength or endurance, because races such as the Indians or the Africans have always far exceeded them in physical ability. Yet they have maintained an elite rule over most of the Earth for most of recorded history. The question of becoming a minority is really mute before the question of how have they been the majority here for so long. Are they smarter, or have they simply managed to hide fundamental knowledge from the other peoples of the world. Thus making them seem superior. What makes many white people so afraid to lose their bloodlines. Do they feel they are superior to others, or is it a religious hangup. Either way, minority or not I don't see the white man losing any of his foothold in the world anytime soon. They still own half of the world, and Great Britain is still the richest nation in the world. And that place is like Whiteville, USA. The only thing we need to ask ourselves is why does this seem so important. After all we have accomplished we still have people hung up on the most base issues which should have long ago been dispursed and forgotten. We can only enrich our civilization by mixing. Nature has a way of weeding out the bad and keeping the good. All we have to worry about is having a much more accepting, intelligent society 50 years from now.
I am half white, and half Cherokee, and I approved this message.

Old 10-02-2008, 05:37 PM

2,778 posts, read 5,491,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
My question is to what do we attribute the rise of the white man. What is it that makes a white man better somehow than another man. Throughout history they have been notorious for their lust for power and their ability to make things go their way. They obviously have not obtained their objectives through raw strength or endurance, because races such as the Indians or the Africans have always far exceeded them in physical ability.
I hardly think you can judge any group that 's survived today and can judge them to be physically able or no. Natural selection has its presence in every environment. Your inflammatory comments are grossly ignorant of history.

As for raw strength or endurance, the advantages which allowed for mostly "white" groups to advance were technological in nature. Physically endure all you want, if I have better tech I win.

So the real question is, why did civilizations so much older than western European/North American cultures fail to develop in science and engineering?

Old 10-02-2008, 09:24 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,609,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cle440 View Post
Well, the "white" percentage in the USA right now is 74%. If you dont want to count hispanic-whites, than I guess it would be closer to 66% or possibly less. But think of it like this, do you see Christina Aguilera as white? or Cameron Diaz? I do. Those are the people who wont be counted if you take away the hispanic-whites. I would definitely add Cameron Diaz in the white category.

But like I was saying, why does it matter if the country is going to be less than 50% white? That sounds kind of racist to me, this country was built on immigration and diversity, thats a good thing. I am a non-white myself, Im hispanic, bi-racial, whatever you want to call it (half puerto rican, half white). I think its a good thing that the country is becoming more diverse.
There are white hispanics, but of the overall "hispanic" population, their numbers are incredibly small, say only five percent of all "hispanics" in the U.S. Thus, making use of the non-hispanic white population is closer to the true "white" population figures and percentages.

Last edited by Scraper Enthusiast; 10-02-2008 at 09:49 PM..

Old 10-02-2008, 09:26 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,609,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by south-to-west View Post
Dude...I'm being very serious here, don't ever use the word genocide like that. How in the hell is a shrinking white population akin to violently slaughtering a whole group of people? You are way too demented. Something tells me that you are incredibly insecure.
"Dude"?

So are you denying that white nations are being destroyed, demographically speaking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.