U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 01:50 PM

2,898 posts, read 2,877,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesside View Post
I am so glad I put FutureCop on my ignore list. This forum became 10x better without having to look at the useless, stupid, baseless, and ignorant remarks he makes.
He needs to get educated and learn that there is a world outside, and needs to get out of his dark and creepy bedroom where the only light he sees is infront of his computer screen.
In the meantime, he's just a loser that thinks NY ranks #1 on every single category. Get a life.

To the OP...yea Hollywood isnt going anywhere for a long time. The industry is there to stay. The city, understandably, supports Hollywood in just about every way imaginable. Its just continuing to grow.
Kind of like you and about 4 others on here need to learn that there is a world outside of california? I am sure that every NY and TX poster considers all your posts to be ignorant so it is a 2 way street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 02:08 PM

1,018 posts, read 3,726,181 times
Outside of the film industry, Hollywood proper is a dump. It shocked me how nasty it was.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:22 PM

521 posts, read 1,491,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Kind of like you and about 4 others on here need to learn that there is a world outside of california? I am sure that every NY and TX poster considers all your posts to be ignorant so it is a 2 way street.
Firstly, having lived in Texas a short while ago I actually have a basis for my posts. Be that as it may, I think you should probably check my posts for any Texas bashing you'll see that it is in defense of LA. But check hard since I actually ignore mostly all threads having to do with Texas since I know you, or someone like you will find a way to boast TX as superior to CA/LA. Id rather stay away from that crap.
You were actually the first person I considered ignoring. I think over time, your credibility has gone to the *****ter, almost as much as FutureCop in your pursuit of bashing LA. Im sorry that Houston/TX gets bashed on, but I think you should probably concentrate your efforts on defending the city, rather than bashing others.

Secondly, I think I bashed NY once, in my entire time here which was on the Los Angeles thread FutureCop has made himself infamous by. But for the most part, I acknowledged NY as a great city. I guess for those NY'ers, that wasnt good enough rather, they either expect Angelinos to "admit" NY is the greatest ever and/or LA aint ****. Not going to happen.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:25 PM

2,775 posts, read 10,720,514 times
I'm a Yankee fan, I'm used to being hated.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:40 PM

2,898 posts, read 2,877,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesside View Post
Firstly, having lived in Texas a short while ago I actually have a basis for my posts. Be that as it may, I think you should probably check my posts for any Texas bashing you'll see that it is in defense of LA. But check hard since I actually ignore mostly all threads having to do with Texas since I know you, or someone like you will find a way to boast TX as superior to CA/LA. Id rather stay away from that crap.
You were actually the first person I considered ignoring. I think over time, your credibility has gone to the *****ter, almost as much as FutureCop in your pursuit of bashing LA. Im sorry that Houston/TX gets bashed on, but I think you should probably concentrate your efforts on defending the city, rather than bashing others.

Secondly, I think I bashed NY once, in my entire time here which was on the Los Angeles thread FutureCop has made himself infamous by. But for the most part, I acknowledged NY as a great city. I guess for those NY'ers, that wasnt good enough rather, they either expect Angelinos to "admit" NY is the greatest ever and/or LA aint ****. Not going to happen.
Actually you are incorrect as usual, we defend TX against uppity Californians like you! I hope that I no credibility from you. Just because you don't like many peoples opinions doesn't mean you have to attack them

Old 10-02-2008, 03:51 PM

5,031 posts, read 11,306,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
Because NYC fits this thread. It's about Hollywood dying and where it's dispersing to. Duhhh...

And sorry, but I had a mix-up. LA makes a little less than 2/3 of movies, but more than 1/3 and New York makes 1/3 of movies. But 20 years ago, not even close to 1/3 were made in New York. I don't have the info. Another member posted it up a while back so you can look if you want it.
Please prove what you claim [give us any information to show that New York City is responsible for 33% of all movies made in the U.S]. Basically you lie by making up figures that aren't even close to reality.

Your NYC obsession reflects on a personality woefully inadequate.

Old 10-02-2008, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Actually you are incorrect as usual, we defend TX against uppity Californians like you! I hope that I no credibility from you. Just because you don't like many peoples opinions doesn't mean you have to attack them
You are the Texas version of FutureCop except Texas is even more a laugh in comparison to both NYC & all of California

Old 10-02-2008, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Please prove what you claim [give us any information to show that New York City is responsible for 33% of all movies made in the U.S]. Basically you lie by making up figures that aren't even close to reality.

Your NYC obsession reflects on a personality woefully inadequate.
The thread it's in has been dead for months now. I'm not digging through the whole site in search for something that I already know is true.

Old 10-02-2008, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
You are the Texas version of FutureCop except Texas is even more a laugh in comparison to both NYC & all of California
Remember that when you use their oil & gasoline. Not only that, but Houston has more Fortune 500 companies than LA.

Old 10-02-2008, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
The thread it's in has been dead for months now. I'm not digging through the whole site in search for something that I already know is true.
Isn't it convenient to boast nonsense & then claim it is too much trouble to prove your point. Ironically, sweetclimber does the exact thing & is entirely non-credible as a result.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.