U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-03-2008, 03:47 PM
 
Location: Houston Texas
2,899 posts, read 1,315,015 times
Reputation: 877

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
The only argument you see an Angeleno ever come up with is "we rule, you drool" crap. Other than that, they have no facts to prove me wrong with. What could I possibly be proven wrong upon? LA is more diverse than NYC? No. LA is denser than NYC? No. LA is livelier than NYC? No. LA has better public transportation than NYC? No. LA has more loyal sports fans than NYC? No. What else? What could an Angeleno possibly prove me wrong with? Nothing.

Thank you for posting your first piece of factual information. Since you provided information on "donor states," I will shut the **** up with that... But regarding everything else, my mouth is foaming... Do I have rabies?

PS I lied... I have a few more things to say about donor states. Donor states are the only states who bring money to the table? Do you really want to play that game? New Jersey mops the floor with California. You think you have it bad? New Jersey is the manufacturing capital of the country... But they get ripped off by the government every time. They are suffering the most. Quit whining... After all, we all know you can do it yourself. You don't need the East Coast's big fat checks. Set up a lemonade stand to build your public transportation. New York has its own problems to deal with upstate with Buffalo, Niagara Falls, Rochester, Syracuse, Newburgh, Plattsburgh, etc. The last thing we need to do is to provide money for your trains.
They are also good with the "you guys are just jealous" line too! California is in bad shape because of it's liberal policies period! Why should the US always cover their always in deficit butts just because they cry about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-03-2008, 03:55 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
10,406 posts, read 13,949,114 times
Reputation: 5566
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
The only argument you see an Angeleno ever come up with is "we rule, you drool" crap. Other than that, they have no facts to prove me wrong with. What could I possibly be proven wrong upon? LA is more diverse than NYC? No. LA is denser than NYC? No. LA is livelier than NYC? No. LA has better public transportation than NYC? No. LA has more loyal sports fans than NYC? No. What else? What could an Angeleno possibly prove me wrong with? Nothing.
For one your arguments about the entertainment industry got proved wrong in this thread earlier, look at the link Missionhome provided. Some of the things SOME of the LA posters post is just boastful opinions, but so is some of the crap you post too, same difference. You are not any more factual or right in what you say than anyone else, except for maybe Oilpainter b/c he says some pretty far out there stuff.

You claim NYC has the most loyal sports fans, well not according to Forbes. The Mets and the Yankees both make the Top 10 list for having the least loyal baseball fans.

In Depth: America's Least Loyal Baseball Fans - Forbes.com
Quote:
Thank you for posting your first piece of factual information. Since you provided information on "donor states," I will shut the **** up with that... But regarding everything else, my mouth is foaming... Do I have rabies?

PS I lied... I have a few more things to say about donor states. Donor states are the only states who bring money to the table? Do you really want to play that game? New Jersey mops the floor with California. You think you have it bad? New Jersey is the manufacturing capital of the country... But they get ripped off by the government every time. They are suffering the most. Quit whining... After all, we all know you can do it yourself. You don't need the East Coast's big fat checks. Set up a lemonade stand to build your public transportation. New York has its own problems to deal with upstate with Buffalo, Niagara Falls, Rochester, Syracuse, Newburgh, Plattsburgh, etc. The last thing we need to do is to provide money for your trains.
This is what I am talking about. This BS claim you treat as a "fact" that you don't have anything to back it up with. Can you see how full of it you are now? This is the crap you do, make stupid BS boastful claims with nothing to back it up. You do the same crap as the posters you complain about.

And if you took a closer look at the list you would see NEW YORK state and PA are on the receiving end and take in more than what they give to the federal govt. So if you think donor states are the only states that bring money to the table then I guess PA and NY aren't brining any money to the table by YOUR definition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2008, 03:58 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
10,406 posts, read 13,949,114 times
Reputation: 5566
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
They are also good with the "you guys are just jealous" line too!
Futurecop uses that same line too about NY.

Quote:
California is in bad shape because of it's liberal policies period! Why should the US always cover their always in deficit butts just because they cry about it?
Why should CA get less money than it sends to Washington DC? We aren't asking for money that isn't ours, just our fair share of what we send to DC. Do you think its fair TX sends more money to DC than gets back too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2008, 04:00 PM
 
Location: Scarsdale, NY
2,775 posts, read 8,609,267 times
Reputation: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
For one your arguments about the entertainment industry got proved wrong in this thread earlier, look at the link Missionhome provided. Some of the things SOME of the LA posters post is just boastful opinions, but so is some of the crap you post too, same difference. You are not any more factual or right in what you say than anyone else, except for maybe Oilpainter b/c he says some pretty far out there stuff.

You claim NYC has the most loyal sports fans, well not according to Forbes. The Mets and the Yankees both make the Top 10 list for having the least loyal baseball fans.

In Depth: America's Least Loyal Baseball Fans - Forbes.com
This is what I am talking about. This BS claim you treat as a "fact" that you don't have anything to back it up with. Can you see how full of it you are now? This is the crap you do, make stupid BS boastful claims with nothing to back it up. You do the same crap as the posters you complain about.

And if you took a closer look at the list you would see NEW YORK state and PA are on the receiving end and take in more than what they give to the federal govt. So if you think donor states are the only states that bring money to the table then I guess PA and NY aren't brining any money to the table by YOUR definition.
I wish I could stay and argue more, but I start work at quarter to 6. So before I leave, I'm just going to say, what makes you think Forbes is a reliable source of sports information, especially regarding fan loyalty? Yankee Stadium has teh highest attendance every year. We sell out more games than any other team with a stadium our size. When we play the worst teams in baseball, our stadium's full. When the Dodgers play, the stadium's half empty. Yankee fans are constantly cited as the most loyal and fanatical fans in baseball along with Red Sox fans.

PS I use that "jealousy" line not nearly as often as Angelenos here do. Even one of your fellow Angelenos put it as his location... "Where you wish you lived, Los Angeles."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2008, 04:04 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
10,406 posts, read 13,949,114 times
Reputation: 5566
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
I wish I could stay and argue more, but I start work at quarter to 6. So before I leave, I'm just going to say, what makes you think Forbes is a reliable source of sports information, especially fans.

what makes Forbes a reliable source for Obesity information?? You use forbes as evidence to support information you want it to. But when it shows something you don't like you try to dismiss it? You can't use Forbes as a source then dismiss later on b/c it doesn't support something you like. This is how you are full of it and a complete hypocrite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2008, 04:10 PM
 
0 posts, read 327,510 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMetropolis View Post
see this is what i am talking about, how is Hollywood filthy show me some proof w/ pic's because you just sound ignorent.
First of all, it's "ignorant"

And I've been to Los Angeles many times and Hollywood is a crap hole.

Go find pictures yourself or better yet, go to Los Angeles and see for yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2008, 04:12 PM
 
0 posts, read 327,510 times
Reputation: 10
Why is this even an argument?

I've been to both and yes, NYC is 100X better and there is simply no comparison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2008, 05:42 PM
 
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
2,498 posts, read 7,597,890 times
Reputation: 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanboy View Post
Why is this even an argument?

I've been to both and yes, NYC is 100X better and there is simply no comparison.
It wasn't supposed to be an arguement about which city is better. It was supposed to be a talk about why some people think the movie industry is dying in Hollywood. There are a few trolls and crazy people that take all these threads off topic and make it into a NYC vs. LA debate. What does baseball team attendance have to do with Hollywood, I don't know, many of us will never know, but obviously a few posters put Hollywood and baseball attendance together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2008, 05:54 PM
Status: "We need to talk" (set 17 days ago)
 
Location: Houston
5,629 posts, read 7,617,579 times
Reputation: 3924
i don't think hollywood is dying, but i have noticed a considerable amount of attention transfering to nyc and other cities as far as the film industry. i'd love to see some of that action move into houston but i doubt that would happen. i can't remember the last movie that was filmed in houston. probably some made for tv movie back in the 80s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2008, 06:00 PM
 
Location: West LA
2,318 posts, read 4,996,266 times
Reputation: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanboy View Post
Why is this even an argument?

I've been to both and yes, NYC is 100X better and there is simply no comparison.
Explain to me why BOTH LA baseball teams are in the playoffs and NEITHER NY baseball team made it... hmmm???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top