U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 08:05 PM

3,302 posts, read 6,068,507 times
Grrr......... bark bark bark! Arsonry!

Quite the war of words here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 08:06 PM

100 posts, read 29,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missionhome View Post
Here is an actual source, just put it to rest. The motion picture industry is no doubt spreading throughout the country and if anything it is a sign of the industry gaining even more power in the USA. Hollywood will have some competition but will most likely always be the center of the industry. Here is how LA compares to NYC for movie production:
"Los Angeles is attracting the biggest productions.
Its (LA) expenditures were more than ten times larger
than those of New York, the second largest
center, and have reached $31 billion in 2000 .

http://www.iau-idf.fr/en/doc/studies/film-industry-los-angeles/motion-picture-industry-los-angeles-outline.pdf (broken link)

This is great information. Well now you know Hollywood is going no were let's end this now.

Old 10-08-2008, 12:08 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,308,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilpainter View Post
caribb/Flickr
Das Bobby/Flickr
Das Bobby/Flickr
Atwater Village Newbie/Flickr
Oh my, you're gonna need to pick up the pace, little 'querque son ... dustbunny

Dude, Your showing me pictures of "Warehouses" and highrises, and buildings..for that matter a city.. thats going to show anyone alot, listen the ABQ studios was just built.. there gunna add lots more.. now tell thats big when Paramont, Lions Gate and Sony are building Studios here (all at one time) and well others are putting bids for property in the mesa del sol area.. why dont you tell them how stupid they are for coming here.

Old 10-08-2008, 12:15 AM

394 posts, read 632,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Dude, Your showing me pictures of "Warehouses" and highrises, and buildings..for that matter a city.. thats going to show anyone alot, listen the ABQ studios was just built.. there gunna add lots more.. now tell thats big when Paramont, Lions Gate and Sony are building Studios here (all at one time) and well others are putting bids for property in the mesa del sol area.. why dont you tell them how stupid they are for coming here.
Do you seriously think that LA, a city one thousand times the importance of ABQ, is going to let one of it's biggest and probably most historic industries move to ABQ?? Come on I mean there are organizations here designated to keeping the industry here and the city will do anything it can to save a multi-billion dollar industry.

Old 10-08-2008, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsteelers247 View Post
Do you seriously think that LA, a city one thousand times the importance of ABQ, is going to let one of it's biggest and probably most historic industries move to ABQ?? Come on I mean there are organizations here designated to keeping the industry here and the city will do anything it can to save a multi-billion dollar industry.
Did i say Albuquerque was going to take over or hollywood was going to move to albuquerque? No. So read all of the posts and visit albuquerque then you can talk all you want..what i said was film companies are building movie studios here which is nice, this is an arguement between me and him which you have no part of so who honestly cares..

Old 10-08-2008, 12:28 AM

522 posts, read 996,528 times
Quote:
Its mind boggling how anyone can beleive that aint it? On top of that, the fact that Los Angeles/Hollywood naturally attracts people. Especially to people with alot of money, i.e., tv/movie stars.
Not putting a stink on ABQ, but I wouldnt hold my breath if I were you.

Old 10-08-2008, 12:34 AM

394 posts, read 632,147 times
Quote:
Did i say Albuquerque was going to take over or hollywood was going to move to albuquerque? No. So read all of the posts and visit albuquerque then you can talk all you want..what i said was film companies are building movie studios here which is nice, this is an arguement between me and him which you have no part of so who honestly cares..
Its what your implying...

Old 10-08-2008, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Its what your implying...
Yep sure.. what ever ya say.. sorry that were getting movie studios is all i'm saying, i mean i know we can never replace hollywood or for that matter no one can.. but you should ask Paramont, Sony and Lions Gate they wanna build here.. maybe they dont know what they are in for.. i post pictures of the new studios and suddenly everyone goes crazy like usual..

Old 10-08-2008, 12:44 AM

2,899 posts, read 1,181,755 times
Quote:
Yep sure.. what ever ya say.. sorry that were getting movie studios is all i'm saying, i mean i know we can never replace hollywood or for that matter no one can.. but you should ask Paramont, Sony and Lions Gate they wanna build here.. maybe they dont know what they are in for.. i post pictures of the new studios and suddenly everyone goes crazy like usual..
Not everyone is going crazy, only the 5 LA trolls who no one cares about. I am glad Albuquerque is getting in on film action. It is a nicer place than LA

Old 10-08-2008, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Not everyone is going crazy, only the 5 LA trolls who no one cares about. I am glad Albuquerque is getting in on film action. It is a nicer place than LA
Yea i'm stayin positive now.. they will see haha the laughing will begin soon.. i never said ABQ was gunna like take over LA.. but then again if there from LA there gunna stick up for it with all they got.. and ABQ its nice that Mesa Del Sol is going to have 4 movie studios on university blvd..they filmed this really cool and funny movie (observe and report) at the winrock mall its going to be comin out soon i cant wait it looked pretty funny.. and then they filmed that idiotic movie hamlet 2 at my old high school.. filming here is peaking high what about in houston??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.