U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 01:29 AM

2,898 posts, read 2,878,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Yea i'm stayin positive now.. they will see haha the laughing will begin soon.. i never said ABQ was gunna like take over LA.. but then again if there from LA there gunna stick up for it with all they got.. and ABQ its nice that Mesa Del Sol is going to have 4 movie studios on university blvd..they filmed this really cool and funny movie (observe and report) at the winrock mall its going to be comin out soon i cant wait it looked pretty funny.. and then they filmed that idiotic movie hamlet 2 at my old high school.. filming here is peaking high what about in houston??
Nothing here in H town yet for movies, I am going to have to check that movie out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 08:48 AM

451 posts, read 1,388,183 times
Default Is HollyWood Dying?

I don't think Hollywood is dying but things have changed so much about crews being able to go to other areas. For instance, North Carolina is one of the top ten U.S. location destinations for film and television productions. Our state has held this position for over 20 years now. We have had over 800 motion pictures, and 14 network and cable t.v. series plus thousands of t.v. commercials. See www.ncfilm.com - North Carolina Film Office. The Green Mile had footage in Blowing Rock, N.C. Having said that, we lost the movie, Cold Mountain, to Romania of all places even though the book was set in the N.C. mountains. In other words, the folks with the bucks are going to shoot film in the cheapest places. Canada, for instance, has a lot of movies and shows shot there. I don't think L.A. will never lose it all because the young folks coming out of film school still want to hone their skills at the place it all started. My son's best friend that goes to school at Savannah school of the Arts, plan to go to L.A. after graduation as well as kids that went to The N.C. arts school. This is not, IMO, about one city against another, it is about money as usual and the reality that you can make movies and T.V. anywhere now. My husband's niece is going to grad school in Las Vegas for the behind the scenes jobs, such as props, design, and production.

Old 10-08-2008, 08:57 AM

34,684 posts, read 33,686,426 times
I don't know if Hollywood is dying but the original poster took nice photos.

[/quote]

Old 10-08-2008, 08:11 PM

1,158 posts, read 3,208,508 times
I'm confused. Is this thread about Hollywood the city district, or Hollywood "the industry"?

Old 10-09-2008, 12:55 AM

263 posts, read 732,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt345 View Post
I'm confused. Is this thread about Hollywood the city district, or Hollywood "the industry"?
Either one, matt. It doesn't matter. Brad and streetwalker are the trolls on this thread. Yeah, this Hollywood is a dying district! All that ugly haze!
Here's a clearer pic, baby Bradly
Pictures courtesy of Village Atwater Newbie/Flickr

Old 10-09-2008, 01:16 PM

3,436 posts, read 5,983,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilpainter View Post
Either one, matt. It doesn't matter. Brad and streetwalker are the trolls on this thread. Yeah, this Hollywood is a dying district! All that ugly haze!
Here's a clearer pic, baby Bradly
Pictures courtesy of Village Atwater Newbie/Flickr
What do you think i'am your boyfriend or something,.. Baby doesnt cut it here.. and your calling us trolls haha sure pal, well i must admitt this toll is smarter than you!

Old 10-09-2008, 05:09 PM

6,961 posts, read 14,093,325 times
Quote:
What do you think i'am your boyfriend or something,.. Baby doesnt cut it here.. and your calling us trolls haha sure pal, well i must admitt this toll is smarter than you!
Haha...yeah...you're definitely smarter!

Old 10-10-2008, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Babycakes, you're not adhering to the thread! Losing ground too Do you want me to post more pictures of other major Hollywood studio complexes, or do you just want to simmer in your Parent's teenage basement world?

Old 10-10-2008, 05:20 PM

3,340 posts, read 8,705,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilpainter View Post
Babycakes, you're not adhering to the thread! Losing ground too Do you want me to post more pictures of other major Hollywood studio complexes, or do you just want to simmer in your Parent's teenage basement world?
How's resorting to low blows working for you?

Old 10-10-2008, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
How's resorting to low blows working for you?
Pretty good so far! Read the whole thread and gather some perspetive for yourself before YOU resort to adding nothing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.