Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 04:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,772,513 times

Advertisements

Well, Hollywood itself is filthy and very ugly and ghetto but the film industry is sound.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 04:37 PM

2,498 posts, read 11,437,098 times
Here is an actual source, just put it to rest. The motion picture industry is no doubt spreading throughout the country and if anything it is a sign of the industry gaining even more power in the USA. Hollywood will have some competition but will most likely always be the center of the industry. Here is how LA compares to NYC for movie production:
"Los Angeles is attracting the biggest productions.
Its (LA) expenditures were more than ten times larger
than those of New York, the second largest
center, and have reached $31 billion in 2000 .

http://www.iau-idf.fr/en/doc/studies/film-industry-los-angeles/motion-picture-industry-los-angeles-outline.pdf (broken link)

Old 10-02-2008, 05:02 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,515,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
You are the Texas version of FutureCop except Texas is even more a laugh in comparison to both NYC & all of California
You are the LA version of wesside only with even more degenerate political views and even less credibility. The rest of the forum says,

You have never shown anything that proves anything regarding your viewpoints, they are only opinions shared by a few californians. Suggestion, open up your mind and learn something, instead of the mostly racist and bigoted banter that comes to us sadly from your keyboard.

Old 10-02-2008, 05:27 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,608,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
You are the LA version of wesside only with even more degenerate political views and even less credibility. The rest of the forum says,

You have never shown anything that proves anything regarding your viewpoints, they are only opinions shared by a few californians. Suggestion, open up your mind and learn something, instead of the mostly racist and bigoted banter that comes to us sadly from your keyboard.
Pure projection [like looking in a mirror, huh? too bad you don't like your reflection. BTW, please point our my "mostly racist . . bigoted banter" sooie

Old 10-02-2008, 06:03 PM

100 posts, read 149,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanboy View Post
Well, Hollywood itself is filthy and very ugly and ghetto but the film industry is sound.
see this is what i am talking about, how is Hollywood filthy show me some proof w/ pic's because you just sound ignorent.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Pure projection [like looking in a mirror, huh? too bad you don't like your reflection. BTW, please point our my "mostly racist . . bigoted banter" sooie
That is a really good comeback there happy too bad no one is laughing with you (they are laughing AT you)

Old 10-02-2008, 06:26 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
Well, people are always making stupid generalities about places they've never visited. For example, I live in a mid-sized Southern city after moving here from Chicago. When I travel on biz, I am perpetually amazed at how stupid the comments are, as if Southerners are all a bunch of tobaccey-spitting, black-man-lynching halftwits.

I've learned to never listen to popular opinion about a place until I actually visit the place. And, usually, I don't form my own opinion until I visit the place twice.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Well, people are always making stupid generalities about places they've never visited. For example, I live in a mid-sized Southern city after moving here from Chicago. When I travel on biz, I am perpetually amazed at how stupid the comments are, as if Southerners are all a bunch of tobaccey-spitting, black-man-lynching halftwits.

I've learned to never listen to popular opinion about a place until I actually visit the place. And, usually, I don't form my own opinion until I visit the place twice.
I completely agree!! It is those kind that I have been going back and forth with on this site, they are stunningly ignorant about anyplace outside of California. By the way, go Auburn this Sat. against Vandy, I will be watching

Old 10-02-2008, 07:02 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,498,698 times
Quote:
Isn't it convenient to boast nonsense & then claim it is too much trouble to prove your point. Ironically, sweetclimber does the exact thing & is entirely non-credible as a result.
You'd be surprised. When you live in the Northeast, a lot of things are convenient.

But not once has an Angeleno tried to back up his claims with facts, just a bunch of biased and arrogant opinions about how great LA is and how underrated it is and how the federal government is negligent to LA, etc. Sav, one of your fellow Californians, is complaining that the federal government will not provide LA with help regarding public transportation. Give me a break. You guys are always boasting about how you don't need the rest of the country but when it comes to money, politics, and improving your city, you won't hesitate to beg us and then claim that we are negligent to LA when you don't every cent you want.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:32 PM

521 posts, read 1,629,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesside View Post
I am so glad I put FutureCop on my ignore list. This forum became 10x better without having to look at the useless, stupid, baseless, and ignorant remarks he makes.
He needs to get educated and learn that there is a world outside, and needs to get out of his dark and creepy bedroom where the only light he sees is infront of his computer screen.
In the meantime, he's just a loser that thinks NY ranks #1 on every single category. Get a life.
hahaha. Ive gotten 4 positive ratings from this so far!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.