U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 10:10 PM

100 posts, read 122,099 times

Advertisements

why do people on this forum say Hollywood is dying and run down when they allways have events like MTV VMA's awards, Emmys, Oscars, all award shows every year annually and some TV shows are allways filmed in Los Angeles (Hollywood) really they just had dancing with the stars, the emmys, and about every other award show that happens yearly. Allso all the movies that come out every week come from Hollywood studios so how is that dying, if anything I think it's busier than ever. People on here allso say HollyWood is run dowm does this look rundown to you:

HollyWood:

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/e/e4/300px-Hollywood_Bowl_2005.jpg (broken link)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 10:17 PM

4,552 posts, read 13,452,346 times
hey I like it, I think most dont like it cause its not a dense east coast city, now thats a reason not to right.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:40 AM

100 posts, read 122,099 times
More pictures

theres so much more pictures I have

of the supposedly dying Hollywood

Old 10-02-2008, 10:00 AM

11,171 posts, read 22,363,867 times
I like movies and TV, but I really don't care about "Hollywood". I went there, and after an hour I was like...ehhh.....ok. That's nice.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:42 AM

15,453 posts, read 25,401,064 times
Anyone who says that must not know much about Hollywood. The area is so much BETTER than it was 10 years ago and is improving every year. It's not one of the best urban neighborhoods in the country but sure as hell ain't dying. Lots of great, new, and exciting projects and developments are occurring in the area.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:49 AM

8,178 posts, read 16,543,731 times
That's because people like to dramatize things.....stupid things.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:00 PM

2,775 posts, read 10,720,075 times
First of all, note that this is 2008, not 1968. Technology is better, which allows filming to be done in other cities. Many studios have been added to New York, Miami, Chicago, and some to other cities. Most notably New York, which has cleaned up and renovated old abandoned piers and warehouses and turned them into modern film studios.

Sav, I don't think you know much about Hollywood, am I right? Since when have you looked to see where each movie was filmed? Since when are you a film producer? There's a new guy on my road who's a big time film producer. I've never heard of him, but then again, I've can't remember a name of ANY film producer.

Angelenos like to think Hollywood is theirs, but it's not so thriving anymore. Broadway had beautiful old theaters that are being transformed into state-pf-the-art major film studios. Quite sad, but things change. If New York could get rid of every film studio in the city for movies and bring back our traditional theaters, I wouldn't hesitate. Movies are jokes.

Remember this... 20 years ago, not even 1/3 of American movies produced were produced in New York. Now, 2/3 of American movies produced are produced in New York.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:12 PM

15,453 posts, read 25,401,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
First of all, note that this is 2008, not 1968. Technology is better, which allows filming to be done in other cities. Many studios have been added to New York, Miami, Chicago, and some to other cities. Most notably New York, which has cleaned up and renovated old abandoned piers and warehouses and turned them into modern film studios.

Sav, I don't think you know much about Hollywood, am I right? Since when have you looked to see where each movie was filmed? Since when are you a film producer? There's a new guy on my road who's a big time film producer. I've never heard of him, but then again, I've can't remember a name of ANY film producer.

Angelenos like to think Hollywood is theirs, but it's not so thriving anymore. Broadway had beautiful old theaters that are being transformed into state-pf-the-art major film studios. Quite sad, but things change. If New York could get rid of every film studio in the city for movies and bring back our traditional theaters, I wouldn't hesitate. Movies are jokes.

Once again you bring NYC into a thread that has nothing to do with it. You seem to obsessed with going into any thread about LA and bringing NYC into it, it's pretty pathetic and annoying.

And I was talking about the DISTRICT of Hollywood and not the film industry. I was speaking about the actual area and it's development.

Since when did I claim to be a film producer or talk about where movies are actually filmed. I did not mention any of that crap. Why do you bring up the most random crap all the time??

Quote:
Now, 2/3 of movies produced are produced in New York.
you got anything that proves that??

LA is still, and will probably always be, the center of the entertainment industry and it's huge part of the economy, culture, and atmosphere there whether you can actually recognize that or not.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:21 PM

2,775 posts, read 10,720,075 times
Because NYC fits this thread. It's about Hollywood dying and where it's dispersing to. Duhhh...

And sorry, but I had a mix-up. LA makes a little less than 2/3 of movies, but more than 1/3 and New York makes 1/3 of movies. But 20 years ago, not even close to 1/3 were made in New York. I don't have the info. Another member posted it up a while back so you can look if you want it.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:46 PM

521 posts, read 1,491,144 times
I am so glad I put FutureCop on my ignore list. This forum became 10x better without having to look at the useless, stupid, baseless, and ignorant remarks he makes.
He needs to get educated and learn that there is a world outside, and needs to get out of his dark and creepy bedroom where the only light he sees is infront of his computer screen.
In the meantime, he's just a loser that thinks NY ranks #1 on every single category. Get a life.

To the OP...yea Hollywood isnt going anywhere for a long time. The industry is there to stay. The city, understandably, supports Hollywood in just about every way imaginable. Its just continuing to grow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.