U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 09:46 PM

18,633 posts, read 27,052,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickmystir700 View Post
Houston and Dallas are hardly dangerous, both thier crime rates are fairly low.
True. However, don't take those rates for granted. New York's crime rate is also low. But you can't just walk through the Bronx or through some areas in Brooklyn so freely just because you are "from" a city that has a higher crime rate. Same with Houston and Dallas. You're not going to walk through Oak Cliff or Acres Homes and think you run things. Not gonna happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2008, 10:11 PM

14,992 posts, read 31,366,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I can't help but look at this and not be offended by it.
Oh well, I'm tired of trying not to offend people.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:02 AM

4,552 posts, read 13,454,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I lived in Waco. Someone broke into my cousin house and pistol-whipped her and shot her husband;My other cousin was gunned down and robbed. Just wait until the next crime charts come out and you'll be whistling a different tune.

If you haven't lived in Waco for a while, than you don't know like you think you know.

that is common in most cities big or small,,,just between mine and my girlfriends family there have been 5 family members arrested or investigated for 5 seperate murders and my girlfriend has had 2 friends murdered,even witnessed one, I have witnessed a drive-by shooting in front of my house from 2 gangs shooting at each other and Ive even seen an armed robbery take place, Ive also been broken into once and had my car vandalized twice oh and Ive had a gun pulled on me once too in the middle of town in the daytime.

All this took place in a town of 7,000 people and a town of 11,000 people and I didnt even live in a bad neighborhood, just typical small town life, so it happens everywhere so your experiences dont make a whole town bad.

hell I even seen this guy I knew on Americas Most Wanted a few weeks ago, but he was captured already

Old 10-06-2008, 04:19 AM

1,084 posts, read 3,472,915 times
uh huh. what "town" was this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
that is common in most cities big or small,,,just between mine and my girlfriends family there have been 5 family members arrested or investigated for 5 seperate murders and my girlfriend has had 2 friends murdered,even witnessed one, I have witnessed a drive-by shooting in front of my house from 2 gangs shooting at each other and Ive even seen an armed robbery take place, Ive also been broken into once and had my car vandalized twice oh and Ive had a gun pulled on me once too in the middle of town in the daytime.

All this took place in a town of 7,000 people and a town of 11,000 people and I didnt even live in a bad neighborhood, just typical small town life, so it happens everywhere so your experiences dont make a whole town bad.

hell I even seen this guy I knew on Americas Most Wanted a few weeks ago, but he was captured already

Old 10-06-2008, 05:15 AM

18,633 posts, read 27,052,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Oh well, I'm tired of trying not to offend people.
I'm sure you're not. Just make sure you keep the racial card turn down.

Old 10-06-2008, 05:45 AM

7,278 posts, read 13,525,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraper Enthusiast View Post
Scots, let's just say that your cities have populations that are generally not prone to crime.
Sure. Now "let's just say" you're a coward for not saying what you mean.

I don't know what anyone hopes to gain with this "black people are predisposed to crime" garbage.

Oh, and just for the record, Glasgow is no cakewalk. It's got a higher rate of violent crime than NYC. BBC NEWS | Scotland | Glasgow, Lanarkshire and West | Crime in Glasgow 'worse than NY'

Old 10-06-2008, 06:36 AM

318 posts, read 866,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotslass View Post
Are there any nice cities in the US with little crime? Here our cities can't compare to the US ones, well for one we don't get gun crime and don't have the poverty that the US has either - which i've witnessed.
Where have you got that info from? unfortunately that's not true yes US cities may have higher gun crime but many other crimes UK cities can be compared with and replace the guns with knifes still as deadly. As for poverty it may just be much worse than you think just because you may not see people sleeping on the pavement does not mean its not there.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:43 AM

318 posts, read 866,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Sure. Now "let's just say" you're a coward for not saying what you mean.

I don't know what anyone hopes to gain with this "black people are predisposed to crime" garbage.

Oh, and just for the record, Glasgow is no cakewalk. It's got a higher rate of violent crime than NYC. BBC NEWS | Scotland | Glasgow, Lanarkshire and West | Crime in Glasgow 'worse than NY'
Glasgow was known as the murder captial of Europe

Take these as you will

Scotland's murderous heart | Society | The Guardian

Scotland has second highest murder rate in Europe | UK news | The Guardian

Old 10-06-2008, 07:32 AM

15,989 posts, read 30,674,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post

It's much more than that that has happen in Waco, but I was just using those two experiences because their my family. Those two events took place at least within 5 months, in those 5 months I believe about 10 people were murdered and also lots of robberies were happening too. This type of crime is pretty unusual for a city like Waco.

Old 10-06-2008, 01:21 PM

4,552 posts, read 13,454,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
It's much more than that that has happen in Waco, but I was just using those two experiences because their my family. Those two events took place at least within 5 months, in those 5 months I believe about 10 people were murdered and also lots of robberies were happening too. This type of crime is pretty unusual for a city like Waco.

but that was just my experience from living in a small town. Me and my girlfriend experienced those things from over the years, so its really the same everywhere, I didnt even list anything yet that has happened to some people we know.

It could just be a bad year for Waco,I think every city has one of those years

Last edited by desert sun; 10-06-2008 at 01:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.