Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 03:08 PM

1,178 posts, read 3,826,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
It doesn't have anything to do with gun laws or poverty, it's because of the general attitude in the black community. There are MANY white communities that are impoverished, but you don't see the high crime in those areas.
You're exactly correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2008, 12:44 AM

2,975 posts, read 8,099,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Scotslass has been eating too much haggis, Not So Great Britain has one of the worst crime rates in the world. You are back with your anti-gun, anti American brainless quips. Your bagpipes are full of hot air. The U.S. is such a huge country with multiple cultures, economies, social structures etc. Believe me Scotslass you have not really been here. You have an anti gun and anti-American agenda. I have read your posts before. Put up or shut up, where and when has anyone in the U.S. threatened you or robbed you or shot you with a gun. Grow up.
Im not anti gun, I have 4 to be exact and I regularly go hunting now. I think you need to get your facts right.

I've lived near Glasgow all my life and never experienced any gun violence, or heard of many murders. My partner is from the US and has told me some horror stories.

Stop being so paranoid, sheesh. You've never met me and don't even know me.

P.S I don't eat haggis. Generalising again huh how naughty.

Old 10-05-2008, 01:12 AM

155 posts, read 447,759 times
miami is more dangeouse of its history and ghettos and n.o and atl

Old 10-05-2008, 11:42 AM

20,507 posts, read 33,393,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
It doesn't have anything to do with gun laws or poverty, it's because of the general attitude in the black community. There are MANY white communities that are impoverished, but you don't see the high crime in those areas.
I can't help but look at this and not be offended by it. Poverty has alot to do with it. To say otherwise is a bit naive. Poverty causes people to do crazy things just to get a quick dollar. It is the general attitude of a community that has suffered more for the better part of it's existence in this country. So excuse the attitude that you are surprised by.

Old 10-05-2008, 12:48 PM

120 posts, read 460,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
Atlanta, New Orleans, Houston, Dallas, Miami
Houston and Dallas are hardly dangerous, both thier crime rates are fairly low.

Old 10-05-2008, 02:17 PM

1,178 posts, read 3,826,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I can't help but look at this and not be offended by it. Poverty has alot to do with it. To say otherwise is a bit naive. Poverty causes people to do crazy things just to get a quick dollar. It is the general attitude of a community that has suffered more for the better part of it's existence in this country. So excuse the attitude that you are surprised by.
If it is poverty, then why do the areas of Eastern Kentucky, home to some of the highest poverty, but white, have low crime rates?

Old 10-05-2008, 02:47 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,005,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraper Enthusiast View Post
If it is poverty, then why do the areas of Eastern Kentucky, home to some of the highest poverty, but white, have low crime rates?
Do you have the crime rate for Eastern Kentucky?

Old 10-05-2008, 07:47 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,099,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Only Port Arthur would be up there as the most dangerous throughout the south. Waco, Killeen, Beaumont? No.
I lived in Waco. Someone broke into my cousin house and pistol-whipped her and shot her husband;My other cousin was gunned down and robbed. Just wait until the next crime charts come out and you'll be whistling a different tune.

If you haven't lived in Waco for a while, than you don't know like you think you know.

Old 10-05-2008, 08:05 PM

217 posts, read 345,023 times
Miami
Orlando
West Palm Beach

Old 10-05-2008, 09:41 PM

20,507 posts, read 33,393,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I lived in Waco. Someone broke into my cousin house and pistol-whipped her and shot her husband;My other cousin was gunned down and robbed. Just wait until the next crime charts come out and you'll be whistling a different tune.

If you haven't lived in Waco for a while, than you don't know like you think you know.
I'm very sorry that happened to your family. But there are far more dangerous cities in the south more dangerous in Waco. That story has happened in towns all throughout America. Crime is everywhere. No city is exempt. But Jackson, Memphis, Little Rock, Port Arthur, Miami, Atlanta, Charleston, Savannah, Mobile, and Richmond are cities off the top of my head that are more dangerous than Waco ever could be and there are more. I know Waco has it's spots (east Waco for one) and Killeen (The North of 190 and a couple hoods south of 190). But multiply that by whatever and you have much higher crime in the cities I named.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.