U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-16-2008, 02:07 AM
 
18 posts, read 117,109 times
Reputation: 19

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Okay there is too many faults to point out. First if poor people were only moving Inland...then why does the IE have a higher median income than LA county? Also, gas is not $7. Plus, why did the IE have a higher rate of college educated people moving if only poor people were moving here? Last time I checked, college education and having a faster than national average rate of income growth is more indicative of a middle/upper middle class migration. I might be wrong. Not saying poor people don't move to the suburbs, but saying that it's not the majortiy (had it been, then there would be a decline in these numbers not and increase).

Yeah...the Antelope Valley is safe. By any standards...it meets the average. And no...I'm comparing it to the average city. There is an average still left in the US...not comparing it to Compton. Not because there are stellar areas and horrible areas...but more because the IE and AV are more of a mush of average. There is no Beverly Hills nor Compton in these regions. Plus, you are right, not everyone in CA must live in a single family home...but wait...that's what being built. Then...the majority of people desire to. Companies don't follow majority...oh but they do.

Sorry, but regardless of whether people must or must not buy, people still buy a single family home. I know it's not set in stone, but it's what is liked in SoCal. Again, the job creation is something that is left to be desired. In my generation, however, I have seen jobs move out here. Still more need to come. I'm not denying that. However, to say that NO high end jobs have moved out here is simply false. I will again agree that this is no OC or LA job market.

The point is not about the IE job growth...Isn't the point of this thread ghetto cities of the west coast, or something like that.

I will agree that the poor are being pushed out of CA in general.

Quote:
Okay there is too many faults to point out.
you sure are rite, there is MANY points to speak about in this ill informed statement of yours but i will only speak on a few. what inland empire are you talking about here?? as far as i know there is only one inland empire and its the one in southern california, and the one i know about has nowhere near a "higher income than los angeles county". and if so its only ever so slighty higher but over all san bernandino county has one of the lowest cost of living and incomes of any county in california, in the poorer areas i.e san bernardino city etc...the median incomes is considerably lower than just about anywhere in los angeles county. and to say there is no cities in that area with similar problems to the example of compton that you used is also a big glob of misinformation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-17-2008, 07:16 AM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,212,317 times
Reputation: 823
I just simply asked a question. I'm not playing dumb nor taking offense. Just a simple question. Plus...seeing how this is typed how do I "sound" suprised?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2008, 07:20 AM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,212,317 times
Reputation: 823
51,315 in LA County vs. 53,508 for Riverside County which is in the Inland Empire Also, San Bernardino County has a median income of 52,941. This is takend from the US Census 2006. I have my facts correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2008, 03:57 PM
 
18 posts, read 117,109 times
Reputation: 19
so and your point is? i also said they are very close in the income range "if ever so slighty higher" remember? anyways i dont see the point in you bringing that up when its absolute fact that the cost of living in san bernandino and even riverside counties is much lower. i should know... i moved from west los angeles in the mid 1990's to rialto,ca a small city next to san bernadino, the houses where far less compared to anything in los angeles county and thats inlcuding the whole county..the city i lived next to san bernadino was dirt cheap and i mean cheap...far more inexpensive than the lowest income area of los angeles county....do some research before you bring up irelevant stuff.

Last edited by willdowaldo; 10-17-2008 at 04:03 PM.. Reason: left out something
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2008, 07:02 PM
 
Location: vista
514 posts, read 667,150 times
Reputation: 249
Default scary ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
Pasadena? I don't think so. Sorry, come again.
Maybe South Pasadena? Pasadena is awesome! I would probably go with San Berdue. Something kind of scares me about that place, even more than the smog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2008, 08:33 PM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,212,317 times
Reputation: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by willdowaldo View Post
so and your point is? i also said they are very close in the income range "if ever so slighty higher" remember? anyways i dont see the point in you bringing that up when its absolute fact that the cost of living in san bernandino and even riverside counties is much lower. i should know... i moved from west los angeles in the mid 1990's to rialto,ca a small city next to san bernadino, the houses where far less compared to anything in los angeles county and thats inlcuding the whole county..the city i lived next to san bernadino was dirt cheap and i mean cheap...far more inexpensive than the lowest income area of los angeles county....do some research before you bring up irelevant stuff.
I merely stayed on topic to YOUR conversation. You said San Bernardino County had nowhere near the income as LA. In fact you stated that it was one of the lowest in terms of income. So, now that I proved you wrong, not in any disrespectful manner, I'm suppossed to assume that housing prices are correlated to income? Not always the case. As shown. The IE has more SUPPLY. Supply and Demand. I apparently have done more research than you. I cited the US Census. You cited yourself, and not even a point relevant to the conversation. Congrats that you saved money on a house. Do you want a cookie? Chino Hills, for example, is WAY cheaper than Santa Barbara. However, Santa Barbara has a lower median and average income than Chino Hills. Supply is limited in Santa Barbara and there is a lot of demand. Chino Hills has the demand and more supply. It's economics. As for race concerns. Ladera Heights, CA is safer than Tacoma. Ladera Heights is about 75% black. Tacoma 66% White. So hence my original question...what does race have to do with anything? Instead of a valid response, I got nothing. I hope that your job is well. I really hope you are not a lawyer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2008, 08:45 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia,New Jersey, NYC!
6,967 posts, read 18,206,495 times
Reputation: 2641
west coast dangerous lol..you ****in guys got too much sunlite
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2008, 09:29 PM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,212,317 times
Reputation: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_starks View Post
west coast dangerous lol..you ****in guys got too much sunlite
lol...you got a point...lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2008, 12:20 AM
 
18 posts, read 117,109 times
Reputation: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
I merely stayed on topic to YOUR conversation. You said San Bernardino County had nowhere near the income as LA. In fact you stated that it was one of the lowest in terms of income. So, now that I proved you wrong, not in any disrespectful manner, I'm suppossed to assume that housing prices are correlated to income? Not always the case. As shown. The IE has more SUPPLY. Supply and Demand. I apparently have done more research than you. I cited the US Census. You cited yourself, and not even a point relevant to the conversation. Congrats that you saved money on a house. Do you want a cookie? Chino Hills, for example, is WAY cheaper than Santa Barbara. However, Santa Barbara has a lower median and average income than Chino Hills. Supply is limited in Santa Barbara and there is a lot of demand. Chino Hills has the demand and more supply. It's economics. As for race concerns. Ladera Heights, CA is safer than Tacoma. Ladera Heights is about 75% black. Tacoma 66% White. So hence my original question...what does race have to do with anything? Instead of a valid response, I got nothing. I hope that your job is well. I really hope you are not a lawyer.
sorry to be blunt but you are a bonified idiot, especially when i consider the bleak comparison you made regarding ladera heights and tocoma washington. ladera heights is a small upper middle class area that so happens to be predominate of blacks. the economic status of the area is above par thus crime is at a minum to non exsistent, have you ever been to ladera heights outside of your little internet research rants??. tacoma washington is much larger and has far more diversity, i am certain that the black popluace or shall i say minority population is distinct to certain areas if not one certain area of that city, its most likley the more "impovershied" areas of the city, thus protruding a relativley poor economic status where jobs are scarce thus protruding crime. meanwhile the rest of the cities white neighborhoods are fine and dandy..do you see how the ghetto works now?..you get the picture ?or do i need to make it more simple for you.?? or do you want me to give you some more time to go get some more "research"? run along now go to your google, yahoo, and the ever so reliable wikipedia that you so desperatley need to fuel your so called arguments against my statements. sorry if i go by actual REAL living experiences instead of watered down third and second hand information...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2008, 11:21 AM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,212,317 times
Reputation: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by willdowaldo View Post
sorry to be blunt but you are a bonified idiot, especially when i consider the bleak comparison you made regarding ladera heights and tocoma washington. ladera heights is a small upper middle class area that so happens to be predominate of blacks. the economic status of the area is above par thus crime is at a minum to non exsistent, have you ever been to ladera heights outside of your little internet research rants??. tacoma washington is much larger and has far more diversity, i am certain that the black popluace or shall i say minority population is distinct to certain areas if not one certain area of that city, its most likley the more "impovershied" areas of the city, thus protruding a relativley poor economic status where jobs are scarce thus protruding crime. meanwhile the rest of the cities white neighborhoods are fine and dandy..do you see how the ghetto works now?..you get the picture ?or do i need to make it more simple for you.?? or do you want me to give you some more time to go get some more "research"? run along now go to your google, yahoo, and the ever so reliable wikipedia that you so desperatley need to fuel your so called arguments against my statements. sorry if i go by actual REAL living experiences instead of watered down third and second hand information...
THE US CENSUS IDIOT LEARN TO READ!!! NOT WIKIPEDIA. I have my bachelors in biopsychology and URBAN STUDIES. You are way off base, and how no clue what you are talking about. Economics...not race...you even said it yourself. Sorry if I struck some racist insecurity cord with you. Yeah, I have been to Ladera Heights. Real living experiences? You don't even know me. Do you know anything about my background? No. Again just proves that you have no idea how to back up an arguement. Again, why I hope you are not a lawyer. I tried to have a civil conversation, I try to maintain that some people are not as stupid as they seem (everbody has an off day). But...wow...you proved me wrong. Don't you understand why NOW I stated why race has nothing to do with it? You even wrote it yourself. But you are too stubborn to actually acknowledge that. Instead you call me an idiot. Really adult.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top