U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 03:38 AM

2,958 posts, read 5,663,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i dont know that any city on the coast is 100% evil
probably 3 worst areas i know are
hunters point and 3rd ward and pink palace in san francisco.
lol where in SF is there a 3rd ward or a pink palace?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willdowaldo View Post
alot of folks on here are not talking based on personal experience, take this from someone who has lived in various of these california city's & can assure that these are with out a doubt the toughest california has to offer in terms of murder rates, poverty and crime in no real order.

Richmond~
Watts~
San Bernardino~
compton~
Oakland~(east oakland)
hunters point SF~

those are the worst of the worst california has. point blank nothing else comes close. all of these have been on the most dangerous nationwide list & have recorded high murder rates in their histories... the areas with the worst poverty, blight and "slums" on that list are north richmond, watts and san bernadino.
Good list, but you left out Sunnydale SF, West Oakland, EPA, and Stockton. They all rank up there as well.

Old 12-15-2008, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_starks View Post
west coast dangerous lol..you ****in guys got too much sunlite
Lol typical east coaster with something to prove. Why do so many of you frequent CA threads just to talk trash? Why are we on your mind so much? LOL...

Oakland was ranked 5th most dangerous city in the nation (above Philly just so ya know!), LA is the gang capital of the nation, and there are more criminals in CA than any other state in the nation (and people for that matter), and there are more people killed in CA every year than any other state in the nation. So yeah, West Coast is dangerous! Or at least it can be. How far in the sand do you have your head buried?

Old 12-16-2008, 12:23 AM
rah

3,315 posts, read 8,119,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
lol where in SF is there a 3rd ward or a pink palace?
Don't know what he means by 3rd ward, but the pink palace was a high rise housing project in SF's Fillmore District that was taken over by drug dealers and used as a lookout to spot approaching SFPD cars. It was called "the pink palace" because it was painted pink. It was demolished in...1998, I think.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:13 PM

1,084 posts, read 3,472,620 times
you do know that ca has the most people out of all the states, like 40 million people. so you point is kinda invalid

Quote:
Lol typical east coaster with something to prove. Why do so many of you frequent CA threads just to talk trash? Why are we on your mind so much? LOL...

Oakland was ranked 5th most dangerous city in the nation (above Philly just so ya know!), LA is the gang capital of the nation, and there are more criminals in CA than any other state in the nation (and people for that matter), and there are more people killed in CA every year than any other state in the nation. So yeah, West Coast is dangerous! Or at least it can be. How far in the sand do you have your head buried?

Old 12-17-2008, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodymiami View Post
you do know that ca has the most people out of all the states, like 40 million people. so you point is kinda invalid
Actually I acknowledged that when I said, "there are more criminals in CA than any other state in the nation (and people for that matter)," and I am making the point that danger exists here. I would say that more people overall getting killed here than in any other state would warrant acknowledging that it can be a dangerous place. I'm sure all the victims would agree.

It doesn't matter if there's 40 million people or 10,000 people here, if 2,483 people are murdered here (2006 figure - http://ag.ca.gov/cjsc/publications/h...06/preface.pdf) in a year's time, then it can be a dangerous place. I'd say that it's your point that is kinda invalid.

Old 12-17-2008, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post
Don't know what he means by 3rd ward, but the pink palace was a high rise housing project in SF's Fillmore District that was taken over by drug dealers and used as a lookout to spot approaching SFPD cars. It was called "the pink palace" because it was painted pink. It was demolished in...1998, I think.
Oh haha okay...I thought he was either confusing us with another city (there's a 3rd ward in New Orleans & Houston too I think) or was given incorrect info. Pink palace sounded like maybe something in the Castro. Which one was called that? Death (Hayes) Valley? Or Page Street maybe? I know those were both torn down at some time around then and I know one or both of those were kinda pink like Valencia Gardens used to be.

Old 12-17-2008, 04:26 AM

379 posts, read 532,820 times
There's absolutely nothing wrong with Stockton that wouldn't instantly be solved with the U.S. Government getting the illegal aliens out of there. They are the cause of the graffiti everywhere, the wannabe gang members all over the place, and the uneasy feeling Stockton gives people. No one in their right mind could live in Stockton and say with a straight face the U.S. a good country.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:40 AM

217 posts, read 235,800 times
Quote:

Los Angeles isn't the gang capital anymore, get with the times. It's Chicago now as of 2000-2008.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:57 AM

2,898 posts, read 2,877,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanityRules View Post
Los Angeles isn't the gang capital anymore, get with the times. It's Chicago now as of 2000-2008.
Yeah chicago has passed LA as far as gangs. What is really scary is that Chicago politicians are the most ruthless gang there

On the topic though, LA has improved in the last decade as has Oakland in the crime department. I am seeing though that San Fran is getting to be pretty high in the crime rates though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or