U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 12:46 PM

2,898 posts, read 2,887,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
I had to stand up and excuse myself to another room away from my co-workers. I then proceeded to laugh uncontrollably.
Don't know why you think it is so funny. Other than the economy, Buffalo is great! Well represented in the arts and theatre, great nightlife, easy to navigate, beautiful lakefront, great people, alot of great neighborhoods. If it can fix the economy, Buffalo would have one of the best qualities of life of any city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 04:12 PM

1,576 posts, read 4,808,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Don't know why you think it is so funny. Other than the economy, Buffalo is great! Well represented in the arts and theatre, great nightlife, easy to navigate, beautiful lakefront, great people, alot of great neighborhoods. If it can fix the economy, Buffalo would have one of the best qualities of life of any city.
Well said! Agree 100%. I wish more people would open up their minds a little. My goodness, to have to excuse themself to laugh uncontrollably is totally absurd and ridiculous. The reason I live in Buffalo is because it is one of the greatest cities to live in, and i have GREAT faith in the city's future and economy!

Old 10-08-2008, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
I had to stand up and excuse myself to another room away from my co-workers. I then proceeded to laugh uncontrollably.
You're absurd, do you know nothing about Buffalo except of the bad rep. it gets? Buffalo is the most hidden gem in the U.S.

I don't understand people like you, and I WILL NOT argue the point much.

Never cast your pearls before swine!

Old 10-08-2008, 06:20 PM

7,032 posts, read 14,142,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
This may just give you the credibility to be taken off my ignore list. I am a huge fan of Upstate NY, with Buffalo and Rochester being some of my favorite cities in the country and definitely near the top of my list for places where I would like to settle down and start a real life after college. Elmwood Village is one of the nicest areas in the country, and extremely cheap compared to other neighborhoods it competes with/is compared to. They really don't get THAT much snow--people exaggerate. The downtown may have gone downhill, but with the amazing architecture Buffalo has and just all the opportunities to be one of the best cities in the country, it has a great chance to be returned to its former glory, especially with the turn towards urban living for young professionals and couples. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they also have a pretty good public transportation system that even includes a Light Rail line?

Old 10-08-2008, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalonian4life View Post
Well said! Agree 100%. I wish more people would open up their minds a little. My goodness, to have to excuse themself to laugh uncontrollably is totally absurd and ridiculous. The reason I live in Buffalo is because it is one of the greatest cities to live in, and i have GREAT faith in the city's future and economy!
I am originally from Rochester and both Buffalo and Rochester have so much upside. My friends and I used to love hitting those Buffalo bars until 4 AM and then take some hot girls for a walk along the Niagra River afterward. I love it here in Houston, but the upstate NY cities are pretty special.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:39 PM

56,926 posts, read 81,284,002 times
Yeah, throw my hometown of Syracuse in there too. We actually get the snow, but it is beautiful, our crime rate isn't that bad at all, you can find nice places to live just about anywhere in the area, we have Syracuse University among many others within an hour, I believe the second or third lowest unemployment rate in Upstate NY to Ithaca and possibly Albany. Our Elmwood Village would be the University/Westcott area on the city's East side. It's a city of about 140,000 with an opera, plenty of theater opportunities, a symphony, plenty of ethnic and cultural festivals, beautiful scenery and so on. It's worth a try......

Old 10-08-2008, 06:55 PM

1,817 posts, read 2,764,497 times
Unbelievable...this guy asks for "an exciting city with culture" and gets suggestions like Omaha, Des Moines and Sioux Falls. Oy vey!

Old 10-08-2008, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
Unbelievable...this guy asks for "an exciting city with culture" and gets suggestions like Omaha, Des Moines and Sioux Falls. Oy vey!
Maybe instead of bashing places you could, I don't know, maybe contribute to the thread or something?

Old 10-08-2008, 09:09 PM

769 posts, read 2,014,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
LOL. fruitlassie holds a grudge against the midwest because they kicked her out due to constant complaining. She now lives in Berlin with all those fun-loving Germans.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:43 PM

jessemh431, you are right about Buffalo having a light rail-subway line downtown on Main Street. It gets relatively good ridership, and is quite unique. Cars will soon be sharing the line to increase business!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or