U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 11:53 AM

1,576 posts, read 5,138,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
I had to stand up and excuse myself to another room away from my co-workers. I then proceeded to laugh uncontrollably.

Bad sense of humor

??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 12:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,389 times
My husband and I lived in Kansas City, Missourri and loved it! August is usually a little humid, but there is always a slight breeze, and the sun shines most of the time, April is usually rainy, but everything is pretty because of it. There are a ton of parks everywhere! There is so much culture artistic and otherwise to fill your time, and it's definitley not overpopulated especially where we lived, about 20 minutes east of KC in Independence, MO. You feel like you have room to breathe! [URL="http://www.visitkc.com"]www.visitkc.com[/URL] might be a good place for you to check out, theres just too much for me to describe. The only reason we moved was b/c our family is in Indiana, talk about icky humidity!!!

Old 10-10-2008, 05:33 PM

3,340 posts, read 8,708,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimistic3 View Post
I am trying to find the dream place!
I am 31, not quite ready to settle down yet, looking for an exciting city with plenty to do, single people of a similar age who are down to earth and 'real'.
Good options for work and business are important, as is a place which 'has its finger on the pulse' to an extent, but is not so busy working that life passes its residents by. A mix of business and pleasure.
Weather should be warm (no too humid!) seasons are fine, but if deep snow could be avoided, all the better. Cool days with sunshine are better than warm and cloudy.
This sounds an incredible list as I read it back, but I thought if anyone could shed some light, it would be a great help, even if it covers a few things, I am flexible really. Really! After all this is a dream list.
Omaha would be good for you, we get the occasional snow fall and have a great economy.

Old 10-16-2008, 07:16 PM

514 posts, read 667,641 times
You haven't mentioned your educational level, your skills or your work history. Now's a scary time to move anywhere with the economy and all.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:53 PM

1 posts, read 649 times
Default I disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Don't worry about coldwine, he is about the most negative and judgemental poster on here.

Good places to move that are exciting and with a good economy right now are Dallas, Houston, Chicago, Atlanta, San Antonio, Seattle, San Diego, Raleigh, Charlotte, Philly, Ok City and Omaha

Great cities that have economies that need work but other than that are wonderful are Cleveland, Buffalo, Rochester NY and Portland

Great cities but not practical because of cost of living and NYC, DC and Boston

Right now Portland has a very diverse economy that is rapidly growing. Small buisness is flourishing more than in most cities in America right now, and finding a job is easier than it has been in years!

Old 11-16-2012, 12:40 AM

21,697 posts, read 23,681,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vega48 View Post
Right now Portland has a very diverse economy that is rapidly growing. Small buisness is flourishing more than in most cities in America right now, and finding a job is easier than it has been in years!
Are you refering to Portland OR or Portland ME?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or