U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2007, 08:41 AM

22 posts, read 166,345 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,
I am new to this forum so please excuse the protocol. I am recently divorced. Retired military with an 8 years old son. My plans are to relocate from the Columbia, South Carolina area as soon as my son finishes the 2d grade this summer. My places of interest are Florida; Atlanta or the Charlotte area. I need to be close (45min - 1 hr) to a military installation. I do not necessary have to be in a big city but I would like to be close since I am single. I need good public schooling system for my son. Affordable housing ($100-150k). I need a place where there is a lot to do both for my son and myself, somewhere safe and affordable. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by gajsc; 02-13-2007 at 08:55 AM.. Reason: Place my location
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2007, 03:40 PM

15,595 posts, read 35,287,370 times
Well...you could always come home...to ALASKA!

Old 02-13-2007, 03:44 PM

6,047 posts, read 21,657,642 times
Have you checked the school district ratings for the cities you are considering? Georgia is known for having very low-ranking schools, so while I like Atlanta, I wouldn't want to raise a child there. For me personally, Florida is too muggy, so given the choices I would go with Charlotte.

Old 01-22-2011, 01:47 AM

12 posts, read 32,005 times
Charlotte is DISGUSTING WITH RACISM. If you are WHITE UPPER MIDDLE TO UPPER CLASS WITH LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS OF MONEY; then Move to Charlotte. People here, and I mean EVERYONE here Makes it OBVIOUS that they Dislike You if You Are Poor; Single Mother, who is of any other Race that is NOT WHITE.

Old 01-22-2011, 01:51 AM

12 posts, read 32,005 times
Be careful with charloteans. I don't think they are hipocrits because they make it clear, that if you are not "white" with money to spend or give to them everytime they ask, then you are not welcomed in charlotte. Single mothers, poor, minorities, i emphasize "poor" again, hispanic or black, if you don't have money to give to everyone; or if you don't have a private health insurance, please don't come to charlotte. Oh! And be aware of how you will be treated, and your child too, by cms public school systems. Have sufficient money to send your child to "public schools" because "money" is the only thing that speaks in charlotte. Nothing else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or