U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 07:18 AM

1,817 posts, read 2,760,948 times

Advertisements

Not everybody in the US is Christian or even religious. What do laws in a SECULAR country have to do with anything written in the Bible, Koran, Bhagavad Gita or Tao of Pooh? I wish the crazy zealots could have 1 state to themselves where they can wait for the "end times" and let the rest of the population enjoy their lives without being harassed by backwards bible thumpers...how about Alaska?

Old 10-11-2008, 09:35 AM

11,179 posts, read 22,397,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
This country deserves everything it is getting. In one of the worst times in our nations history, we are still spitting in the face of God. Things are going to keep getting worse and worse in America until we humble ourselves and submit to His authority.

I think you should spend your time being worried about YOU being humble and submitting yourself to His authority.

As for the rest of us, this country was built on the foundation that we all have the personal option to believe or not believe in anything we want without persecution.

May I ask who exactly are you to decide that all 300 million of us must submit to your Christian God? I'm not religious, but I'm certainly not stopping, or attempting to stop anyone from believing whatever they want. I will stand in no one's way. All I ask is for others not to stand in my way as I try and live my life.

Separation of church and state. This isn't your god's country. It's all of our country to experience as we please.

Old 10-11-2008, 11:10 AM

0 posts, read 1,353,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
This country deserves everything it is getting. In one of the worst times in our nations history, we are still spitting in the face of God. Things are going to keep getting worse and worse in America until we humble ourselves and submit to His authority.

Ohh, nooooo.

Go clutch on dearly to your doomed bible and your McCain/Palin yard sign because the world is heading into an Armageddon.

I can't believe in this day people even care if a man/man and a woman/woman can marry. Mind your own business and live your own life.

BTW, I'm a christian.

Old 10-11-2008, 12:07 PM

3,940 posts, read 13,346,324 times
I don't see how a state allowing gay marriage is a religious issue. Actually, I don't see how anything that pertains to government is a religious issue unless it's not allowing you to follow your own religion. Please, keep your imaginary friends out of government issues.

Old 10-11-2008, 09:37 PM

109 posts, read 408,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraper Enthusiast View Post
Aren't they so "progressive"? They're legitimizing a sexual orientation that goes against the order of nature. Bowing to degenerates. Rather pathetic.

goes against nature?
right...
that's why it happens in nature...

Old 10-11-2008, 09:58 PM

9,188 posts, read 30,249,222 times
If you go by certain versions of the Bible, then it's legal to own slaves, beat your wife, and you are obligated to marry your brother's wife if he dies. You have to throw away a bed if a woman has her monthly and lies on it - oh gee, we could go on.

I believe there's a good lesson for folks to learn to make things less complicated: If you feel homosexuality is a sin - then don't do it. Aside from that, we're living in a world where people will fly airplanes into buildings and not think twice about it - so I personally could care less what others are doing in their bedrooms.

And make note before things get TOO carried away with mud slinging - the religion room is down the hall.

Old 10-12-2008, 11:18 AM

1,178 posts, read 3,442,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
you're from Arkansas, enough said.........
You're from California. Enough said.

Old 10-12-2008, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
Shall we get into a scripture battle again? I think God does approve of gays, because God is love, and if two men/women love each other, and they are committed to each other, God is blessing them.
What Bible are you reading, for the Bible that I know does not state that Homosexuality is blessed by God.

Old 10-12-2008, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinablue View Post
shouldnt be an issue. props to CT!
wish nc would stand up and follow.
Why do you wish that North Carolina should "stand up and follow"?

Last edited by Scraper Enthusiast; 10-12-2008 at 12:03 PM..

Old 10-12-2008, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gv0928 View Post
It's about time.

More states need to follow suit.
Why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or