U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 07:13 PM

3,940 posts, read 13,341,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
At least it's an honest opinion. If I had my way all homo's would get booted right out of our country. That's my honest opinion and I consider myself very well informed.

Turning our head to that type of sickening behavior is one reason why morals in this country are at an all time low.
If you consider yourself well informed you are severely mistaken. Why would you kick people out of your country that have committed no crime and have not interfered with others' lives? Please define "morals" for me. Is it moral to boot innocent people out of America?

Old 10-12-2008, 07:20 PM

3,340 posts, read 8,706,257 times
Quote:
At least it's an honest opinion. If I had my way all homo's would get booted right out of our country. That's my honest opinion and I consider myself very well informed.
Why would they be kicked out of the country? What makes them any less of a person than you? Love is something that will never be understood, and don't Gays love each other? Gays have done nothing to you, and yet you seem to hate them, and frankly, that sickens the very fiber of my being and makes me outraged.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
Again, I am just going to put in my two cents worth, even though the quetions were not directed to me...

Good for Japan. Or Sweden or Switzerland. I hope they continue to get along great. I don't live in Japan though. Just as, if a case is being made for gun-control, an argument that it works well in England or Australia (which it emphaticially doesn't) doesn't mean diddly-damn as to its application in MY country! Same with so-called homosexual "marriage" in another realm. They are NOT first-rate countries if they recognize it, for one thing. Think we oughta all bend over backwards (pun intended! Hee hee) just because those countries moral sensibilities are getting in the gutter?

The Constitution Of the United States does not recognize homosexual marriage. Hell, it doesn't recognize "straight marriage" far as that goes. Rights? What "rights"...according to the Bill of Rights...are homosexuals denied??? They can vote, get a trial by jury, own a gun, etc, etc, same as I can.

Define "diversity", please, will you?
So not allowing two people to marry under government law makes you a first-rate country? And who are you to define morals?

I know the Constitution does not recognize gay marriage, that's why people are trying to amend it so that we can give the same rights to gay couples as heterosexual couples. Sure they can vote, get a trial by jury, and own a gun, but why can't they get married? Because some religious person won't allow it because he is threatened by it? What's so threatening about allowing two people who love each other to get married?

Diversity -not being afraid of something different.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:47 PM

251 posts, read 634,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraper Enthusiast View Post
What species are only female and are able to reproduce by themselves (without a male)? There are none. There are hermaphrodites, that have both male and female sex organs and are able to reproduce by themselves. They reproduce asexually.
It's called a desert-grassland whiptale lizard, only females exist. One female mounts the other and ovulation is stimulated by mating behavior. Read a book on animal behavior and reproduction and you can see it for yourself. No one is talking about hermaphrodites or sexual reversal.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:49 PM

10,167 posts, read 17,119,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBanany View Post
So not allowing two people to marry under government law makes you a first-rate country?
If you recall, you were the one who brought up this "first-rate" country stuff to begin with. So answer your own question. Does it?

Quote:
And who are you to define morals?
I am "me" to do so. Do you have a moral sense or sense of the same?

At least, as a Christian (a wayward one, I admit...not for the least of reasons I love to drink beer), I predicate mine on the Bible and Judeo/Christian ethics. What are yours based on?

You can make fun of the Bible and God all the live-long day, if you want. But pray tell (again, pun intended) upon what is the foundation your own belief system stands? Gulags and graveyards are full of those who bought into secular humanism...

Quote:
I know the Constitution does not recognize gay marriage, that's why people are trying to amend it so that we can give the same rights to gay couples as heterosexual couples.
Ironic, don't you think? That is, those who condemn certain conservatives for wanting to ammend the Constitution to define marriage (as it should be) between a man and woman, want to ammend it to say the opposite?

Quote:
Sure they can vote, get a trial by jury, and own a gun, but why can't they get married? Because some religious person won't allow it because he is threatened by it? What's so threatening about allowing two people who love each other to get married?
I have a great idea! Let it be put to popular vote. I have no problem with that. Do you? And in the states where such passes? Let it become the law there.

Quote:
Diversity -not being afraid of something different.
How is that a virtue? Not afraid of being different? If someone turns into a Werewolf when the moon turns full...and rips your throat out...is that to be celebrated? Sorry, I am just one of those dinosaurs not cowed by terms like "diversity" and "tolerance"...

Last edited by TexasReb; 10-12-2008 at 08:00 PM..

Old 10-12-2008, 07:51 PM

1,291 posts, read 2,579,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBanany View Post
If you consider yourself well informed you are severely mistaken. Why would you kick people out of your country that have committed no crime and have not interfered with others' lives? Please define "morals" for me. Is it moral to boot innocent people out of America?

It interferes with peoples lives when homosexual priests prey on innocent children. Or is that morally OK in your book? No crime? Then how come we see priests defrocked and the Catholic church constantly paying major bucks to help the victims deal with the horror of being abused?

You can try to spin it all you want, it's a sin against God, man and nature and
any who practice that disgusting behavior need medical help.

I do have one question, how do you all plan to reproduce? Oh wait, you will just go recruit (abuse) more innocent kids.

Thank goodness the folks in my state saw fit to pass a law saying that marriage is reserved for a man and a women only! That's what I call morals.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:54 PM

1,291 posts, read 2,579,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
Why would they be kicked out of the country? What makes them any less of a person than you? Love is something that will never be understood, and don't Gays love each other? Gays have done nothing to you, and yet you seem to hate them, and frankly, that sickens the very fiber of my being and makes me outraged.
The sickness your feeling may be the onset of AIDS...I would get that checked if I were you.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:57 PM

5,515 posts, read 17,685,495 times
Quote:

Turning our head to that type of sickening behavior is one reason why morals in this country are at an all time low.
Agreed. Im sick and tired of homos.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
If you recall, you were the one who brought up this "first-rate" country stuff to begin with. So answer your own question. Does it?

I am "me" to do so. Do you have a moral sense or sense of the same?

At least, as a Christian (a wayward one, I admit...not for the least of reasons I love to drink beer), I predicate mine on the Bible and Judeo/Christian ethics. What are yours based on?

You can make fun of the Bible and God all the live-long day, if you want. But pray tell (again, pun intended) upon what your own belief system is founded on? Gulags and graveyards are full of those who bought into secular humanism...

Ironic, don't you think? That is, those who condemn certain conservatives for wanting to ammend the Constitution to define marriage (as it should be) between a man and woman, want to ammend it to say the opposite?

I have a great idea! Let it be put to popular vote. I have no problem with that. Do you? And in the states where such passes? Let it become the law there.

How is that a virtue? Not afraid of being different? If someone turns into a Werewolf when the moon turns full...and rips your throat out...is that to be celebrated? Sorry, I am just one of those dinosaurs not cowed by terms like "diversity" and "tolerance"...
Yes, I am the one who brought it up and no, I don't think that a country that allows gay marriage is any less of a country. Apparently you do though.

I happen to think I have a great moral sense. Believe it or not, I am against abortion and the death penalty and I have never been convicted of any crime other than traffic violations. I think I'm a pretty decent person. I'm also Catholic yet that doesn't mean I am against the state allowing gay couples to seek the same rights that heterosexual couples have.

When did I make fun of the Bible? And when did I say that I am secular? As a matter of fact, I give the Bible a lot of merit but I do not quote it when discussing political issues because they are two totally different things.

How is seeking justice ironic??? You want the Constitution to say one thing and I want it to say another. That's not ironic in any way. This is a topic of debate not irony.

I'm pretty sure that gay marriage is up for the vote in California. I just don't see how you can vote on someone's rights though.

I don't see how homosexual couples compare to werewolves. Now you're just being ignorant. I'm not flyig a rainbow flag outside my door and passing out flyers on new-age remedies, I'm debating a political issue. Maybe you're just stuck in your one-minded ways.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:09 PM

Quote:
It interferes with peoples lives when homosexual priests prey on innocent children. Or is that morally OK in your book? No crime? Then how come we see priests defrocked and the Catholic church constantly paying major bucks to help the victims deal with the horror of being abused?

I do have one question, how do you all plan to reproduce? Oh wait, you will just go recruit (abuse) more innocent kids.
So straight men never prey on little girls, eh? C'mon, you live in Missouri. You must see it all the time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or