U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 10:57 PM

354 posts, read 491,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Did you actually even read the link you posted?

If you did then you'd read that they weren't mutilated or tortured like what is described at the beginning of that article.
Are you ****ing kidding! Because they weren't mutilation in the exact fashion originally reported your going to defend the scumbags that did it?!!!!!

read this account Murder of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia is that kind of torture and mutilation not attrocious enough for you?

Quote:
And if you actually kept reading, or read it all for that matter, you'll find an answer/explanation to your question at the bottom of the article
The answer/explaination was ridiculous. No one expects the press to report on EVERY murder but I sure as hell expect them to report on ones of this heinousness.

Old 10-16-2008, 11:00 PM

354 posts, read 491,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gv0928 View Post
Don't think I've seen more racist threads than this on here....and that's saying a lot, considering I frequent the Miami forum regularly.
Discussing crimes commited by blacks is racist?

Old 10-16-2008, 11:05 PM

4,552 posts, read 13,469,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gv0928 View Post
Don't think I've seen more racist threads than this on here....and that's saying a lot, considering I frequent the Miami forum regularly.

Wheres the racism at?

I get it you must be Al Sharpton trying to turn a non-racial situation into a racial situation, I think all those boys do(Sharpton/Jackson) is stir up racial tensions if anything.

Old 10-16-2008, 11:36 PM

2,226 posts, read 4,141,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraper Enthusiast View Post
Answer the question. Why was it not reported on in national news. Why was the vicious, heinous, vile murder not reported? It was unprecedented. Yet, the so-called "Jena 6" case gets coverage for weeks, and then in the wrong light?
That's a very valid point that I have to agree with.

I remember this event happened at or around the same time a woman in West Virginia was raped by three white guys and a girl. Similar incident, but these two had it much worse, and it wasn't reported that much (although in no way am I minimizing the damage that was done to woman in West Virginia, which was horrifying).

However, like it says at the bottom of the article you posted, black on white crime IS reported often. Eve Carson was murdered by a black guy in North Carolina last year and that was reported nationwide. Another white girl in Alabama by the last name of Burke was also raped and murdered by a black guy in Alabama around the same time, and that was reported.

I also want to point out that, after MUCH criticism from the public (I included) towards media companies for not reporting the Newsom and Christian murders, they finally held stories on it after a couple of months.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:00 AM

1,928 posts, read 4,637,755 times
WOW, I'm up in the Chicago area and this is the first I ever heard of this crime. I agree that if this had been white on black crime, we would have been blitzed for months on the national media.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:54 AM

11,186 posts, read 22,411,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
I think it was in the Tribune one Sunday, wasn't it?

I don't remember where I heard about it, but it was definitely in more than one source. Maybe I just picked it up on my radar, but I thought it was passed around quite a bit for a few days. The second I opened this link and saw that picture I knew exactly what story they were talking about. Still sends chills up my spine, such a mindless and bizarre attack on two innocent people out for a nice night.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:55 AM

1,928 posts, read 4,637,755 times
Here's a case of 6 white men being killed by an Asian in Northern Wisconsin. It also got very little coverage by the national media. Talk about bias.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9359296/

Old 10-17-2008, 08:17 AM

3,774 posts, read 8,710,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighPlainsDrifter73 View Post
Here's a case of 6 white men being killed by an Asian in Northern Wisconsin. It also got very little coverage by the national media. Talk about bias.

Man who shot hunters guilty of homicide - Crime & courts - MSNBC.com
^ Where be Hu Jia or Hu Jintao???

The OP is bunkers- why not give us a creditable news source- I'm sure there's one out there. Animals.... Where be Al Sharpton/ Jessie Jackson...I mean are you serious

Old 10-17-2008, 11:26 AM

5,861 posts, read 14,068,841 times
I heard about the TN crime, and I am in MN. Was there evidence that these teens were targeted because they were white? If yes, hate crime, if no, just another run of the mill extremely violent, heinous crime like we have too much of in America.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:33 AM

5,861 posts, read 14,068,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighPlainsDrifter73 View Post

Man who shot hunters guilty of homicide - Crime & courts - MSNBC.com
I saw lots of coverage on this one, but then I live in St Paul, where the convicted murderer is from. Thing is, by the admission of the one surviving white hunter, it was the HUNTERS who surrounded this guy and started the hateful racist rants when they caught this guy trespassing. Had they simply called the Sherrif and reported it, the whole tragedy would've been avoided. Doesn't mean they deserved to be killed by the guy, but this was not a hate crime. (Lesson learned the hard way: don't threaten and call racist names a guy with a gun in his hands.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.