U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 11:33 AM

15,466 posts, read 25,409,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by offthefence View Post
Are you ****ing kidding! Because they weren't mutilation in the exact fashion originally reported your going to defend the scumbags that did it?!!!!!

read this account Murder of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia is that kind of torture and mutilation not attrocious enough for you?

The answer/explaination was ridiculous. No one expects the press to report on EVERY murder but I sure as hell expect them to report on ones of this heinousness.
Where the hell did I defend these people?? I didn't say anything to defend these people at all and I don't appreciate you making some BS up and accusing me of that. All I was saying is that it doesn't even seem like the OP read the entire article. Get a grip......

A lot more crimes like these happen than you or others may realize. I read about a similar crime that happened in Miami a few years ago and nothing was reported about that anywhere outside of South Florida. Did you ever hear about this: http://www.miamibeach411.com/news/in...a-maria-angel/

So the Op and whoever else can go ahead and try to push some BS media bias theories but there are plenty of other similar cases that never get national media attention.

Last edited by sav858; 10-17-2008 at 11:42 AM..

Old 10-17-2008, 01:22 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,922,278 times
That crime that the 4 people commited was very sick, disturbed, and uncalled for and they do need to be gassed/ or put out of their misery. True justice would be to just inject the sadistic perps with something lethal. I would appreciate it if Scraper do provide us with more hate crimes that was free of agenda, spin, or whatever you want to call it. I too think something like this should have gotten more national coverage and don't know why it didn't.It would've been huge if White on black because Sharpton and Jackson are clowns who don't look at all angles (Duke case) and shouldn't be taken seriously, Alicia Keys would be a better voice of the Black community than those clowns

Old 10-17-2008, 03:52 PM

6,488 posts, read 16,152,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraper Enthusiast View Post
Well there are a couple of possibilities discussed in the article... The case sounds vaguely familiar but I can't swear I've heard about it before.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:21 PM

354 posts, read 491,059 times
Quote:
A lot more crimes like these happen than you or others may realize. I read about a similar crime that happened in Miami a few years ago and nothing was reported about that anywhere outside of South Florida. Did you ever hear about this: Ana Maria Angel: The Abduction and Murder of a Miami Local - Miami Beach 411.com

So the Op and whoever else can go ahead and try to push some BS media bias theories but there are plenty of other similar cases that never get national media attention.
Thats the OPs whole point. If that was done by white people it would of been all over the news. Thanks for the link.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:09 PM

10,167 posts, read 17,112,011 times
Once again, Scraper Enthusiast commits the crime of daring to call attention to the truth.

Shame on you, SE! LOL

But seriously...

Here is a good column to read on the subject. Yes, it is a bit "outdated" in terms of when it was originally published. But the basic facts remain solid.

FrontPage Magazine

Here is another one by Walter Williams. A black man (like Thomas Sowell) who has the guts to actually go up against the PC tyranny.

Walter Williams

Last edited by TexasReb; 10-17-2008 at 08:37 PM..

Old 10-17-2008, 08:53 PM

6,967 posts, read 18,208,147 times
i smell a racist agenda -

Old 10-17-2008, 08:56 PM

10,167 posts, read 17,112,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_starks View Post
i smell a racist agenda -
Why or how do you arrive at this conclusion?

Old 10-17-2008, 09:10 PM

536 posts, read 1,949,341 times
There's plenty that goes on in our country and the in world that isn't shown by mainstream media.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:50 PM

165 posts, read 420,477 times
I don't know why the Christian-Newsom murders didn't get more national coverage. I live not far from liberal, racial-double-standard-setting New York City, and their local news broadcasts are full of stories of non-whites committing crimes against whites. In 2002, there was a case where a black man entered a bar in Manhattan with the sole motive of killing whites. He shot three people and sprayed a bunch of others with kerosene while threatening to set them on fire. He was charged with attempted murder as a hate crime and was sentenced to 240 years in prison in 2007. This got a good amount of coverage here. Then, of course, there was the similar Colin Ferguson case, which was majorly covered by both NYC and national media.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:42 PM

631 posts, read 1,970,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
Wheres the racism at?

I get it you must be Al Sharpton trying to turn a non-racial situation into a racial situation, I think all those boys do(Sharpton/Jackson) is stir up racial tensions if anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by offthefence View Post
Discussing crimes commited by blacks is racist?
Are you both serious? It's blatantly clear to me that all this thread is promoting is a negative image of the black race - the poster couldn't care less about black-on-black crime, but black-on-white crime gets his panties in a bunch. This isn't about the fact that two people were killed, but rather that it was two whites, and that they were killed by blacks. Had they been killed by whites, I'm sure this thread would not exist.

Am I justifying this horrible murder? Of course not. I believe all involved deserve to be punished, but out of justice, not racism.

And, for the record, I am not black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.