U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Houston or Inland Empire?
Houston 63 67.74%
Inland Empire 30 32.26%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 10:02 AM

3,703 posts, read 4,273,832 times

Advertisements

I would rather be stripped naked and publicly horsewhipped than live in either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 04:29 PM

6,867 posts, read 12,815,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstoner View Post
Don't you mean The Woodlands? "North Houston" doesn't mean much in real terms. I chose the IE even though I've never visited because like I told you in another thread TW is for families so there's absolutely nothing for someone of your age to do there, and you'd have to do an awful lot of commuting along I-45 to get to where the good stuff is in Houston, and I wouldn't wish that hell on my worst enemy. Well, yes, I would... My thinking is, if you're going to have to be stuck in either undesirable place, at least be stuck closer to where you can get to more fun stuff that makes it worthwhile living there on the rare occasion you can get out. Now if you'd said say, Sugar Land, I would maybe have a different opinion, but do you realize how far TW is from Houston proper, taking into account traffic, accidents, gas $, etc.??
maybe when he says North Houston he means The Heights. I don't think anyone would consider the Woodlands to be North Houston. The OP may even mean Greenspoint (which would be a horrible idea). But if the OP is talking about the Heights, that would be a great place to live.

Old 10-20-2008, 04:58 PM

2,133 posts, read 5,620,923 times
The comparison between these two is rather lame. You're comparing an entire metro area that has both urban and suburban neighborhoods (Houston) with one that is primarily suburban (Inland Empire). That being said, give me Inner Loop Houston anytime over the Inland Empire. In regards to Houston suburbs versus Inland Empire, I would favor the Inland Empire slightly--only because it's closer to the mountains and within an hour (non-rush hour) of gorgeous Pacific beaches.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:44 PM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,085 posts, read 11,455,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
maybe when he says North Houston he means The Heights. I don't think anyone would consider the Woodlands to be North Houston. The OP may even mean Greenspoint (which would be a horrible idea). But if the OP is talking about the Heights, that would be a great place to live.
The OP is referring to The Woodlands. She(?) posted about her choices in another thread.

When I hear North Houston I think Cy-Fair, Spring, Humble, etc.... but even those would be further broken down into NW or NE. The Heights is central Houston to me.

Old 10-20-2008, 06:10 PM

451 posts, read 1,080,417 times
I would chose the Inland Empire-especially if you are talking about Rancho Cucamonga. With the Inland Empire you can also drive to LA, Orange County or San Diego. Plus, I dislike humidity. I would prefer to live in a smoggy place over a humid place (though neither choices of smog or humidity are good).

Old 10-20-2008, 06:26 PM

7,731 posts, read 12,195,753 times
Inland Empire.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstoner View Post
The OP is referring to The Woodlands. She(?) posted about her choices in another thread.

When I hear North Houston I think Cy-Fair, Spring, Humble, etc.... but even those would be further broken down into NW or NE. The Heights is central Houston to me.
thanks for clearing that up for me houstoner. in that case i would go with the inland empire. the woodlands does not appeal to me at all. the only area i would live in outside of the inner loop would be west houston. but not too far west.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:52 PM

41 posts, read 76,808 times
Sounds like North Houston is completely different than other parts.. maybe should just go to IE (rancho) for school... then move to a more desirable part of H-town.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohraa View Post
Sounds like North Houston is completely different than other parts.. maybe should just go to IE (rancho) for school... then move to a more desirable part of H-town.
living in North Houston (The Woodlands) would be like living on the set of Desperate Housewives. If you ever decide to move to Houston the Inner loop is the best place to live. Uptown Houston is really cool too. It's just just outside the loop. That's where I live.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:07 PM

939 posts, read 2,830,786 times
this question is like asking, what feels better? getting waxed on your scro.t.u.m or getting waxed down your crack?

i'm just joking... obviously houston, because they have a noticable central business district and more urban amenities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or