U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which state is best to live in, America?
Illinois 44 67.69%
Arizona 21 32.31%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 11:52 PM

5,643 posts, read 7,445,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Well they are two VERY different states, first off we dont have ugly sprawl like arizona, were a democrat state!, its hotter than hell there, and the only great big wow about arizona is probably the grand canyon, you lived in New Mexico, honesly compare NM to AZ, i dont think anyone whom has been to both can say they like arizona more..half of the people that live there are rude, and most arent even from there. So sure, maybe a few but there is even a difference when it come to seasons, we have all 4, sometimes all 4 in a day. Arizona is mostly desert, i went to ASU for about a year and a half thats a great school probably one of the onlt things i like about arizona.
Wow - You had a lot to get off of your chest there. I understand that Phoenix is a pretty hot place, although I've never personally experienced hell, but you really must have never left ASU to think that the ENTIRE state (which so happens to be right next to your state) does not experience a change in seasons? No wonder you were bored.

In any case, I found this picture titled Albuquerque sprawl that must've been mislabled by those silly Republicans...

You know, you are right though. A lot of people aren't from Arizona originally. They come from California, the northeast, the east coast, the south, the midwest (I'm from Chicago), they come from all over the place, even New Mexico and some of them can be rude. I guess there's no argument that rude people come from everywhere, but it's nice that they can bring with them the good stuff from their hometowns as well. That's what makes AZ so great. I just don't understand why people hate on it so much. It's like hating themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 12:08 AM

5,608 posts, read 20,712,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
You know, you are right though. A lot of people aren't from Arizona originally. They come from California, the northeast, the east coast, the south, the midwest (I'm from Chicago), they come from all over the place, even New Mexico and some of them can be rude. I guess there's no argument that rude people come from everywhere, but it's nice that they can bring with them the good stuff from their hometowns as well. That's what makes AZ so great. I just don't understand why people hate on it so much. It's like hating themselves.
I agree. You see a heck of a lot of New Mexico license plates all around AZ. When I went to ASU I met a bunch of people from Albuquerque and Las Cruces. I think all and all Arizona is a wonderful state. I used to have almost a gigabyte worth of pictures, including all over Phoenix, Flagstaff-- but early this year my hard drive crashed and lost it all.

Old 10-24-2008, 12:12 AM

3,436 posts, read 5,982,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Wow - You had a lot to get off of your chest there. I understand that Phoenix is a pretty hot place, although I've never personally experienced hell, but you really must have never left ASU to think that the ENTIRE state (which so happens to be right next to your state) does not experience a change in seasons? No wonder you were bored.

In any case, I found this picture titled Albuquerque sprawl that must've been mislabled by those silly Republicans...

First of all, do you know what that project in the picture was? It was housing units for the employees at Kirtland Air Force base. Soooo Sprawl, maybe..just not all jacked up like phoenix, at least find a picture of real albuquerque sprawl, this town is in fact run by dems, but for the most part republicans here do have better ideas they share conservative and liberal views which i think is actually great (open mindedness always great), The Republicans here are far from McCain and his crazy plan changing ideas.

I dont hate it, i'm bring up my point in view, just like how people hate NM.. i just hope it never becomes all hyped up like arizona, and i dont mean that in a mean or rude way at all or to offend you or arizona. I think it can sometimes be a great vacation destination, but for here santa fe ranks on americas top 5 best places to visit, which in some cases i really dont understand because there is really nothing neat to it.

I actually had to transfer back to UNM because of some family issues and i did go threw out the state, my major is urban planning

The Real Albuquerque Sprawl in snow

New Mexico landscape can be very different from Arizonas, mostly the peaks..but the canyons remind me of arizona.

Which reminds me alot of neighbors had arizona licence plates, they are nice

Old 10-24-2008, 06:05 AM

2,775 posts, read 10,720,514 times
Illinois. But I support McCain, the guy who doesn't befriend terrorists.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:19 AM

3,739 posts, read 8,684,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
Illinois. But I support McCain, the guy who doesn't befriend terrorists.
Now we're fighting against terrorist

Old 10-24-2008, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
Now we're fighting against terrorist
Yes, we are... Which is why Obama should lose the race.

Old 10-24-2008, 07:04 AM

3,739 posts, read 8,684,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
Yes, we are... Which is why Obama should lose the race.
That's why we're in Iraq instead of Afganistan

Old 10-24-2008, 07:23 AM

3,047 posts, read 8,137,665 times
That's a tough one. I live and work in Chicago as we speak. It's a great city with a lot to offer, especially if you have an education and or experience. It's weather is perfect (for me) from April to November. The problem is that loooong winter. Plus, Chicago is one of the top 25 most populated regions ON EARTH and still growing!

that's too much for me. so i choose arizona for its' beautiful scenery, hot weather, sunshine, etc. But maybe that's just the Native American in me talking.

Old 10-24-2008, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
That's why we're in Iraq instead of Afganistan
We're at war in both.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:24 AM

20,005 posts, read 69,394,911 times
Well, after some AZ pics, I figured Id toss in some of my IL pics:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j292/Illinoisboy/standtall.jpg (broken link)

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j292/Illinoisboy/Iceandtrees12-07.jpg (broken link)

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j292/Illinoisboy/random021.jpg (broken link)

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j292/Illinoisboy/7-29-07GenevaArtWalkcourtyard.jpg (broken link)

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.