U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 01:49 PM

5,031 posts, read 11,317,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
Hey, they're global regions. Don't make me dislike you. That's a warning.
I'm warned!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 02:34 PM

2,775 posts, read 10,726,808 times
I'm surprised to not see in Houston up there.

And look at the Angelenos complain about it. Brings back memories of how they said the same thing about New Yorkers... "Now all the New Yorkers are going to come and call the list bull****."

Angelenos, you proved me wrong! New York isn't number one in everything... It's number one in ALMOST everything. Haha

Old 10-23-2008, 03:46 PM

15,470 posts, read 25,453,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
I'm surprised to not see in Houston up there.

And look at the Angelenos complain about it. Brings back memories of how they said the same thing about New Yorkers... "Now all the New Yorkers are going to come and call the list bull****."
What the hell are you talking about? Nobody from the LA region said anything about TX posters coming in and complaining, they were actually defending that Houston should be on that list. Stop making things up in your head to try to prove something....

Old 10-23-2008, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
What the hell are you talking about? Nobody from the LA region said anything about TX posters coming in and complaining, they were actually defending that Houston should be on that list. Stop making things up in your head to try to prove something....
I'm not talking about this thread, I'm talking about other threads where LA posters dog NYC posters for not accepting strange facts that people from LA really have a hard time finding a link of proof for.

But this thread? I'm going to leave my attitude out of it. I'm trying harder to keep my attitude to myself on the Internet. But this jumped at me. Look at Krudmonk's post. He basically said the list is "****" because LA's not number one. Well, how could it be when New York is? The facts stared him in the face and he couldn't stand it, therefore he simply said the list is "****."

Old 10-23-2008, 04:24 PM

15,470 posts, read 25,453,769 times
Quote:
I'm not talking about this thread, I'm talking about other threads where LA posters dog NYC posters for not accepting strange facts that people from LA really have a hard time finding a link of proof for.

But this thread? I'm going to leave my attitude out of it. I'm trying harder to keep my attitude to myself on the Internet. But this jumped at me. Look at Krudmonk's post. He basically said the list is "****" because LA's not number one. Well, how could it be when New York is? The facts stared him in the face and he couldn't stand it, therefore he simply said the list is "****."
Krudmonk is NOT from LA, he lives in San Jose, so I really don't think he cares about LA's ranking. Many people from Northern CA hate LA anyways. Him and Montclair are probably just miffed SF/Bay Area doesn't rank higher. Some people in the Bay Area seem obsessed with always wanting to be compared to NY.

Old 10-23-2008, 04:35 PM

705 posts, read 3,048,892 times
Quote:
Exactly, STRANGE, UNKNOW and UNPROVEN "facts". Why would we bother to look up those links?

Quote:
I read his post and in now way does it sound like he disagrees with the post due to L.A.s position in the ranks.
If you want to know what Angelenos think, then go to the L.A. section of the forum because Ive posted the thread there as well.

Im glad you were startled by an internet post.

Old 10-23-2008, 04:59 PM

2,498 posts, read 10,296,622 times
Everyone, try not to play into the game and start an argument out of the little bomb dropped a few posts above. I do not understand what past posts have to do with this thread at all and how Houston and New York City somehow got correlated together?

Lets not turn this into a blank city vs. blank city war. Please, that is the last thing anyone needs.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurekRZA View Post
Exactly, STRANGE, UNKNOW and UNPROVEN "facts". Why would we bother to look up those links?

I read his post and in now way does it sound like he disagrees with the post due to L.A.s position in the ranks.
If you want to know what Angelenos think, then go to the L.A. section of the forum because Ive posted the thread there as well.

Im glad you were startled by an internet post.
Who's to say I was startled?

PS It's one thing to disagree, it's another to be incorrect while disagreeing. LA is nowhere near NYC, London, Paris, Tokyo, or Hong Kong's league. 'Nuff said. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out such facts.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:39 PM

705 posts, read 3,048,892 times
^^^I never disagreed with the original post, hence I posted it! lol

but OK

Old 10-23-2008, 07:09 PM

5,716 posts, read 14,583,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Quote:
Look at Krudmonk's post. He basically said the list is "****" because LA's not number one. Well, how could it be when New York is? The facts stared him in the face and he couldn't stand it, therefore he simply said the list is "****."
Krudmonk is NOT from LA, he lives in San Jose, so I really don't think he cares about LA's ranking. Many people from Northern CA hate LA anyways. Him and Montclair are probably just miffed SF/Bay Area doesn't rank higher. Some people in the Bay Area seem obsessed with always wanting to be compared to NY.
No. If anything, I'm mildly annoyed that "San Francisco" comes to represent other cities merely by having a recognizable name. I don't think SF is without merit (as that hsw guy seems to), but I do frown upon us being shoveled into the SF brand. I'm pretty much used to it by now, though. The global geniuses don't know one city from another.

As far as my original comment, it was not related to the particular rankings but rather the fact that they were ranked via vague and nebulous criteria. We all know they're significant cities, but someone feels the need to bring a bunch of crap science to make a story of it. That's just fluff, like I said.

Last edited by krudmonk; 10-23-2008 at 07:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or