U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2008, 07:53 PM

6,867 posts, read 12,836,358 times

Advertisements

how would you rank the different areas of your town? Which areas are your favorite? which areas do you hate?

my ranking for Houston would be:
1. Downtown- love the theater district and discovery green
2. Uptown- great places to shop and eat and i live here
3. Rice Village- love the bars and the proximity to rice university
4. Midtown- best clubs in town but it's still in the revitalizing stage. some areas are still sketchy.
5. Texas Medical Center- example of good urban planning. on the rail line.
6. Memorial Park- the trails are top notch but i hate that i have to drive there to get to it. would be nice if there was a rail line to get you to the park.
7. Museum District- good way to spend a saturday afternoon. herman park is our very own central park
8. River Oaks- the best movies are shown at the river oaks theater. nice houses to look at which but i'll never be able to afford to live there.
9. Greenway- the area lacks charm. a few bland office buildings with a megachurch right smack in the middle of it.
10. Everything east of Downtown- i hate this area...smells bad and most of it is rundown.
11. The burbs- traffic going out to these areas are a nightmare and lack of interesting things to do or see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2008, 08:37 AM

8,345 posts, read 14,132,192 times
Indianapolis:

1) Downtown - I will take a few blocks of fun over large and empty any time. Monument Circle, is great; but it is the movie theater and grocery store that do it for me!

2) Broad Ripple - The Ave has many great shops and food, and the surrounding neighborhood is walkable and safe.

3) Fountain Square - Indy's best kept secret. The theater building and businesses along Virginia Ave rival that of many other neighborhoods.

4) Mass Ave - Technically downtown, but set apart just enough to get its own mention. Theaters and art gallaries line the main drag, and is surrounded by nice condos and such.

5) Irvington - The giant old houses, Lazy Daze Coffee, Irvington is a great neighborhood to call home. It is not a lively place as far as things to do if you are not a local; but it is a great liveable neighborhood.

6) Lockerbie/Old Northside/St. Joseph/Fall Creek Place - Great neighborhoods north of downtown.

7) Garfield Park - Best park in the city; the neighborhood is involved and intact.

8) South Broad Ripple - Improving area, good to see.

9) Little Flower - Nice urban neighborhood of bungalows.

10) Woodruff Place - Similar to Irvington, but smaller in land area; great urban area!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.