Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What's your race?
White non-hispanic 177 55.84%
Hispanic/Latino/Spanish (black or white) 28 8.83%
Asian 23 7.26%
Black or African American 56 17.67%
Other/Mixed 33 10.41%
Voters: 317. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 08:02 PM

6 posts, read 19,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveByTheSun View Post
Woohoo for the 25 mixed race people!

I'm black and white.

Another biracial half black and half white/Finnish here. Glad to see we are representing!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2011, 09:24 AM

136 posts, read 581,526 times
White and proud

Old 11-05-2011, 12:06 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,516,494 times
Wow, more mixed/other than Hispanic or Asian.

Old 11-06-2011, 02:50 PM

124 posts, read 220,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyBnett View Post
Another biracial half black and half white/Finnish here. Glad to see we are representing!!!!!!!
I'm Finnish too! Whadya know!

Old 11-06-2011, 06:45 PM

Location: Jefferson City 4 days a week, St. Louis 3 days a week
2,709 posts, read 5,096,533 times
White, non-hispanic, or as the brothers would call me, a cracker

Old 11-06-2011, 06:52 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,308,869 times
Black, but I joke and say Creole at times because of the Cherokee blood and the white down the line.

Old 11-06-2011, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisan View Post
White, non-hispanic, or as the brothers would call me, a cracker
btw...they wouldn't actually call me that. I should have probably said white, non-redneck, non-KKK (the KKK wouldn't even accept me as a memberbecause I'm half-Catholic and half-Jewish). My ancestry several generations back is Scottish, German, Russian, and English. That's my demographic description in a nutshell

Old 11-06-2011, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Black, but I joke and say Creole at times because of the Cherokee blood and the white down the line.
Kind of makes white people less justified in discriminating against black people...they're really discriminating against their own race to an extent hehehe. Very good point you make..of all the black people in the United States, I'd be willing to bet a huge percentage have some type of Caucasian ancestor. It's also been scientifically proven through DNA that the first man ever to walk the earth was black...specifically originating somewhere in Africa. (Saw it in a National Geographic show...you could probably find it on their website). So really, every living being on this planet has a black ancestor. The white skin trait came later when humans migrated much further north and were in less contact with the sun...so the need for darker skin naturally went away. At least this is how evolution, which I find to be quite believable over the bible's version, tells it.

Old 11-06-2011, 11:27 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,972,542 times
White. (Irish, Scottish, English & a minute amount of Cherokee indian)

Old 11-07-2011, 01:22 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,308,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisan View Post
Kind of makes white people less justified in discriminating against black people...they're really discriminating against their own race to an extent hehehe. Very good point you make..of all the black people in the United States, I'd be willing to bet a huge percentage have some type of Caucasian ancestor. It's also been scientifically proven through DNA that the first man ever to walk the earth was black...specifically originating somewhere in Africa. (Saw it in a National Geographic show...you could probably find it on their website). So really, every living being on this planet has a black ancestor. The white skin trait came later when humans migrated much further north and were in less contact with the sun...so the need for darker skin naturally went away. At least this is how evolution, which I find to be quite believable over the bible's version, tells it.
That directly depends on religion or lack of religion in a person, which is a whole different thread.
But yes, many blacks have white ancestors, many people in America have mixed ancestry.
On this area of the gulf coast there are many blacks with mixed ancestry due to the New Orleans slave trade and the slave owners liked to get jiggy with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.