U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 12:40 AM

48,509 posts, read 85,563,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
So? If they cussed in those speeches the level of emphasis would've been even greater.
No ;people would ahve just thought another idot like milions of others. It would be no where to be found now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 05:46 AM

2,775 posts, read 10,804,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Show me somebody who cusses all the time, and I'll show you a guy who doesn't have much of a vocabulary.

You're 17? What the hell do you know about anything? Now getouttahere.
I have common sense. None of those yuppies are New Yorkers. Although I may be raised in Scarsdale, I was raised by someone from Brooklyn who grew up there in the 60s, 70s, and 80s. I showed my father the video last night and he agreed - "nuttin' like growin' up in Brooklyn. You grew up in Brooklyn, you grew up with balls." Of course most of you aren't going to agree with me on this site because this is a yuppie site, but the realest people are those who grew up in New York all the way into the mid-90s. People in Phoenix don't know real, people in Seattle don't know real, people in LA don't know real, people in Miami don't know real, people in Atlanta don't know real. New Yorkers know real, the true New Yorkers with balls. I'd rather New York be 7 million still and still real than it be 8 million now and be gentrified.

I have nothing wrong with crime reduction, I have something wrong with jerkoffs coming in and wiping out our businesses. Half them aren't even from New York and they think they can kick businesses run by born and bred New Yorkers to the curb. I say **** them, **** McDonald's, **** Wal Mart, **** Target, **** K Mart, **** JC Penney, **** Sears, **** them all. They can dream about being a true New Yorker all day but they'll never be a New Yorker. They'll always be "retahds."

Old 11-02-2008, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Haha I hid behind my liberal attitude on this site since I joined this site... I'm a Republican anyway. I may be going to Boston College next year but I'll never be a yuppie.

You just took a peak into the Real New York, not the New New York. " %$^)(@#$&^#(%&*#^@#$ " Feels good.

Old 11-02-2008, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
That's because you're from Nebraska, right? All those kids in the Corn Belt are polite. The world likes polite kids.
You mean the world walks over polite kids. The world takes advantage of polite kids.

Old 11-02-2008, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Flow-chart mentaity has eroded common sense from the top down. If a judge uses common sense, he gets overturned on appeal. If a school board uses common sense, they lose their accreditation. If a municipality uses common sense, they lose their grant money. If a public sector worker uses common sense, he gets reprimanded or fired.
Americans have no common sense these days. "Ohhh well what would be best for the children? Ohhh please help me what would be best for the children?" You know what would be best for the children these days? A belt across the ***.

Old 11-02-2008, 06:38 AM

12,083 posts, read 34,754,873 times
Kid you have a LOT to learn. Real can only be found in Brooklyn and everybody else is a yuppie? What a load of horse crap! Tell that to the kid who grows up slinging 75# bales of hay all Summer or the kid used to hauling lobster or crab pots all season. The kids who grow up other places than your beloved NYC and you very well may have your arse handed to you by those "Yuppies." Those are only two examples there are plenty more out there. You know NOTHING of "real" yet, you know a very small slice of life and that is the limited knowledge you have been able to glean from the area you live in. Hopefully you will wake up and shut-up when you get to College or else you are going to have a hard time with life. NYC is fine, but it isn't the real world for the vast majority of the US. The world and the people in it do not worship NYC or its lifestyle. Most of us actually don't give a great big gray rats arse about NYC.

I used to laugh at kids like you in College. Thinking they are all so smart and wise, until they woke up and realized their upbringing was just a glimpse into the real everyday world out there. Some never did see it and went running home to whatever large metro area they were from whining and crying about how you couldn't get a good egg-cream or a good Pizza, or whatever they had deluded themselves into thinking made up the "real world" of this entire Country. When you get into College and start going out with your friends, you better be a bit careful how you run your mouth. Some of those boys around Boston will just backhand you off a bar stool before saying a word that they disagree with you. Been there, seen that. You need to grow up a bit before you start trying to teach others what the real world is. That knowledge isn't going to come from a couple of yahoo's who don't have a clue and even though they are wearing adult bodies, they never grew up and out of that stupid childish early teen stage of development and like to spew forth their ignorance on YouTube. And your thread title is 100% correct in that the guys in the video have no Common sense and no Character.

Last edited by Bydand; 11-02-2008 at 07:02 AM.. Reason: Formatting

Old 11-02-2008, 06:49 AM

12,083 posts, read 34,754,873 times
Quote:
You mean the world walks over polite kids. The world takes advantage of polite kids.
Being someone who hires kids sometimes I feel I can answer this question. Polite kids are the ones I want around my customers, they are the ones who are going to get the better jobs, and faster pay increases. They are the ones that end up as Supervisors and leaders on crews. They are the ones who tell mouthy little arogant twits what to do and where to work. Those mouthy little ****s are the ones I run down the road the first chance I get and in the meantime work them like dogs. They are the ones I keep close to me personally (on the sites I work) and will boot their behinds off my job sites and into the unemployment line at any foolishness. They same ones when future employers call and ask about them (and they do call and ask, don't fool yourself), I will never hold back an honest opinion. If I fired you because you were a disruption others and mouthy on the job I will tell them I fired you and would never hire you back. On the other hand if a polite kids moves, goes to college, moves up to bigger and better; they are the ones who get a glowing recommendation with the addition that I would take them back in a second if they wanted to. Guess who gets the jobs usually and those who don't? That isn't taking advantage of them, that is the real world you know nothing of yet.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:17 AM

12,087 posts, read 33,613,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Being someone who hires kids sometimes I feel I can answer this question. Polite kids are the ones I want around my customers, they are the ones who are going to get the better jobs, and faster pay increases. They are the ones that end up as Supervisors and leaders on crews. They are the ones who tell mouthy little arogant twits what to do and where to work. Those mouthy little ****s are the ones I run down the road the first chance I get and in the meantime work them like dogs. They are the ones I keep close to me personally (on the sites I work) and will boot their behinds off my job sites and into the unemployment line at any foolishness. They same ones when future employers call and ask about them (and they do call and ask, don't fool yourself), I will never hold back an honest opinion. If I fired you because you were a disruption others and mouthy on the job I will tell them I fired you and would never hire you back. On the other hand if a polite kids moves, goes to college, moves up to bigger and better; they are the ones who get a glowing recommendation with the addition that I would take them back in a second if they wanted to. Guess who gets the jobs usually and those who don't? That isn't taking advantage of them, that is the real world you know nothing of yet.
I have to spread the love around before I can rep you again, but the sentiment is definitely there.

And as a college professor who teaches a lot of those "retahds" that FutureCop disparages, I can testify that arrogant twits are the ones who crash and burn the fastest. Those know-it-all punks who think they're soooo much smarter than everyone else will someday realize that they ain't all that. And if they don't realize it, they're doomed for a life of loneliness. They may make a fortune scamming off the innocent, but their fortune will come at a steep price.

It's not the humble, polite, hard-working retahds who need counseling and drugs to boost their pompous egos. And I'm grateful to be living in a part of the country where arrogant twits are few and far between.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:50 AM

5,775 posts, read 9,283,515 times
Bydand and JMT. I can't rep you right now but I wanted to say that both your posts are excellent.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:39 AM

5,262 posts, read 11,876,419 times
Quote:
I have common sense. None of those yuppies are New Yorkers. Although I may be raised in Scarsdale, I was raised by someone from Brooklyn who grew up there in the 60s, 70s, and 80s. I showed my father the video last night and he agreed - "nuttin' like growin' up in Brooklyn. You grew up in Brooklyn, you grew up with balls." Of course most of you aren't going to agree with me on this site because this is a yuppie site, but the realest people are those who grew up in New York all the way into the mid-90s. People in Phoenix don't know real, people in Seattle don't know real, people in LA don't know real, people in Miami don't know real, people in Atlanta don't know real. New Yorkers know real, the true New Yorkers with balls. I'd rather New York be 7 million still and still real than it be 8 million now and be gentrified.

I have nothing wrong with crime reduction, I have something wrong with jerkoffs coming in and wiping out our businesses. Half them aren't even from New York and they think they can kick businesses run by born and bred New Yorkers to the curb. I say **** them, **** McDonald's, **** Wal Mart, **** Target, **** K Mart, **** JC Penney, **** Sears, **** them all. They can dream about being a true New Yorker all day but they'll never be a New Yorker. They'll always be "retahds."
Well, if that's what New York is all about, I'm glad my parents took me out of the place I was born when I was only 14 months old. It looks like they saved me from doom for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.