Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 11:06 AM

3,340 posts, read 9,685,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
You mean the world walks over polite kids. The world takes advantage of polite kids.
You know, I can also get very, very nasty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 03:06 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,194,653 times
Quote:
I have common sense. None of those yuppies are New Yorkers. Although I may be raised in Scarsdale, I was raised by someone from Brooklyn who grew up there in the 60s, 70s, and 80s. I showed my father the video last night and he agreed - "nuttin' like growin' up in Brooklyn. You grew up in Brooklyn, you grew up with balls." Of course most of you aren't going to agree with me on this site because this is a yuppie site, but the realest people are those who grew up in New York all the way into the mid-90s. People in Phoenix don't know real, people in Seattle don't know real, people in LA don't know real, people in Miami don't know real, people in Atlanta don't know real. New Yorkers know real, the true New Yorkers with balls. I'd rather New York be 7 million still and still real than it be 8 million now and be gentrified.

I have nothing wrong with crime reduction, I have something wrong with jerkoffs coming in and wiping out our businesses. Half them aren't even from New York and they think they can kick businesses run by born and bred New Yorkers to the curb. I say **** them, **** McDonald's, **** Wal Mart, **** Target, **** K Mart, **** JC Penney, **** Sears, **** them all. They can dream about being a true New Yorker all day but they'll never be a New Yorker. They'll always be "retahds."
Walk into North/Southwest Houston or South Central saying this and they'll show you real alright.

Old 11-02-2008, 03:46 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
Absolutely absurd. Who the hell wants to measure the quality of their life by bragging that they have "balls" because they can take more punishment than the next guy? This is how character is measured? Somehow, this infers more common sense? Some of the most ignorant people I've ever met have been from none other than Brooklyn. Some of the most misguided as well. Complete know-it-all morons with serious speech impediments, emotional instabilities, and a false sense of superiority.

I watched a woman the other day being pushed while she was in a wheelchair. She had no arms and no body from the waist down. Obviously Walmart, McDonalds are of little concern to her.

Life is what you make it and NY and Brooklyn certainly don't have all the answers. Get real.

Old 11-02-2008, 03:49 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,297,475 times
I watched the video and I've read all of the posts in this thread, and I think I vomited a bit. The guys in the video are acting like buffoons. I don't get why it's worth sharing on a forum like this. It's like the 23409239082490834902 other vids on youtube featuring guys acting like buffoons. There is something to be said for what seems to be a losing battle to save "Old New York," from hipsters, chain retailers, etc., but to say these buffoons speak for all native Brooklynites, or are examples of "what it means" to be from Brooklyn is silly.

Old 11-02-2008, 04:06 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,293,698 times
Well, I counted the word "f------" 25 times, and that makes them sound like their IQ's equal the # of slices in that pizza.

Old 11-02-2008, 04:20 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
I watched the video and I've read all of the posts in this thread, and I think I vomited a bit. The guys in the video are acting like buffoons. I don't get why it's worth sharing on a forum like this. It's like the 23409239082490834902 other vids on youtube featuring guys acting like buffoons. There is something to be said for what seems to be a losing battle to save "Old New York," from hipsters, chain retailers, etc., but to say these buffoons speak for all native Brooklynites, or are examples of "what it means" to be from Brooklyn is silly.
Yes. But to a 17-year-old, it sounds cool.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:03 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,641,799 times
People who use a lot of profanity are victims of a weak mind straining to express itself. The guys in the video clip were characters who in some other environment would lack realness (common sense and character too) themselves, you know? How is a guy who makes pizza for a living real? Growing up in BK doesn't really take a lot of "balls"...growing up in a war torn area of the world and making it out (or at least to the age of 50) takes far more "balls", common sense and character than growing up in a rough area of a very wealthy city in wealthy country. Put these very tough guys in Iraq, Congo, Sudan, Iran, etc and these guys will slit their own throats or get capped quickly because they lack the character of true survivors. Sorry for the rant but New York life is nothing when you put it up against life in Georgia, the Mideast, and other places like that.

Last edited by David Alleyne; 11-02-2008 at 08:34 PM.. Reason: to many mistakes

Old 11-02-2008, 08:08 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,194,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoFan View Post
People who use a lot of profanity are victims of a weak mind straining to express itself. The guys in the video clip were characters who in some other environment would lack realness (common sense and character too) themselves, you know? How is a guy who makes pizza for a living real? Growing up in BK doesn't really take a lot of "balls"...growing up in a war torn area of the world and making it out (or at least to the age of 50) takes far more "balls" common sense and character than growing up in a rough area of a very wealthy city in wealthy country. Put these very tough guys in Iraq, Congo, Sudan, Iran, etc and these guys will slit their own throats or get capped quickly they lack the character of true survivors. Sorry for the rant but New York life is nothing when you put it up against life in Georgia, the Mideast, and other places like that.
You wouldn't even need to take them that far; Just put them in a small country town and watch them lose their mind.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:11 PM

29,890 posts, read 9,956,607 times
There are guys like you in my school Futurecop.....they're the ones who get beat up for running their mouths too much.

Old 11-03-2008, 01:27 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,042,151 times
Quote:
I have common sense. None of those yuppies are New Yorkers. Although I may be raised in Scarsdale, I was raised by someone from Brooklyn who grew up there in the 60s, 70s, and 80s. I showed my father the video last night and he agreed - "nuttin' like growin' up in Brooklyn. You grew up in Brooklyn, you grew up with balls." Of course most of you aren't going to agree with me on this site because this is a yuppie site, but the realest people are those who grew up in New York all the way into the mid-90s. People in Phoenix don't know real, people in Seattle don't know real, people in LA don't know real, people in Miami don't know real, people in Atlanta don't know real. New Yorkers know real, the true New Yorkers with balls. I'd rather New York be 7 million still and still real than it be 8 million now and be gentrified.

I have nothing wrong with crime reduction, I have something wrong with jerkoffs coming in and wiping out our businesses. Half them aren't even from New York and they think they can kick businesses run by born and bred New Yorkers to the curb. I say **** them, **** McDonald's, **** Wal Mart, **** Target, **** K Mart, **** JC Penney, **** Sears, **** them all. They can dream about being a true New Yorker all day but they'll never be a New Yorker. They'll always be "retahds."
Great Post. I agree. I hate what they are doing to NYC nowadays. But real recognizez real.

The Bronx is still real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.