Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 06:09 AM

2 posts, read 3,963 times

Advertisements

Are African Americans racial in someway or another?
No, matter how much one tries to deny the TRUTH, this race is really about race for Most African Americans...............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 06:48 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeThought4u View Post
No, matter how much one tries to deny the TRUTH, this race is really about race for Most African Americans...............
African Americans usually always vote democratic regardless of whoever is running.

Old 11-02-2008, 06:55 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,842,872 times
People vote for whomever they think will serve their interests the best. Barack Obama will most certainly serve the black people in this country, possibly even other countries as well, disproportionately.

That is why I will not vote for him.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:33 AM

251 posts, read 710,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeThought4u View Post
I think it has to do more with the history of conservatives being against equal rights; But I'd guess by that kind of thinking, would every white person voting for McCain also be considered a racist?

Old 11-02-2008, 07:44 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,842,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEsananto View Post
I think it has to do more with the history of conservatives being against equal rights; But I'd guess by that kind of thinking, would every white person voting for McCain also be considered a racist?
You're wrong!
Conservatives have never been against equal rights. That's just plain stupidity!
They are, however, against choosing some people over others based on skin color as opposed to merit which is the hallmark of liberals.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:50 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,191,557 times
I'm as white as can be and I would never vote for McCain - Obama all the way!!!!!

We've already had 900,000 people vote in the Chicago area. Almost all for Obama. My coworker said she waited 2.5 hours to vote early, and her husband waited FOUR hours. So ridiculous. Just bring back paper ballots....

Old 11-02-2008, 09:20 AM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,789 posts, read 4,153,576 times
They are a very race-oriented people. Their racial interests will always come first. They will not vote for McCain. It is *totally* about race.
And no, these are not meant to be racist statements, so don't even try going there, libs.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:33 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkool View Post
They are a very race-oriented people. Their racial interests will always come first. They will not vote for McCain. It is *totally* about race.
And no, these are not meant to be racist statements, so don't even try going there, libs.
If you say that, you might as well say white people are voting for McCain because he's white, and they don't want a black president. Obama is not going to just represent the black people; I mean seriously the dude is mixed with white.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:38 AM

251 posts, read 710,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
You're wrong!
Conservatives have never been against equal rights. That's just plain stupidity!
They are, however, against choosing some people over others based on skin color as opposed to merit which is the hallmark of liberals.
Uh, Southern strategy?

Old 11-02-2008, 09:41 AM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,085,088 times
I've never understood this argument. Most (not all) African Americans have historically been voting for white Democrats for years over and nothing racial has been made of that, yet when an African American runs as a Democrat, and African Americans vote in a similar fashion as they have been voting for years, it is suddenly racial? That is hogwash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.