Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 06:10 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,639,175 times

Advertisements

Worst:

1. New York

2. Los Angeles

3. St. Louis

4. D.C.

5. Boston

Best:

1. Houston

2. Orlando

3. Minneapolis/St. Paul

4. Portland, OR

5. Providence

America's Best and Worst Airports
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 07:04 PM

5,509 posts, read 11,816,905 times
There's always 2 or so airports that I have no clue why people love so much: Denver and Chicago (O'Hare).

Denver is busy and boring, while O'Hare is just an absolute clusterphuk and a delay nightmare waiting to happen. However, many travelers absolutely revere both of these airports.

Old 08-28-2010, 07:08 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,760,188 times
I would like to mention that many of these areas have multiple commercial airports.

When you say NY- do you mean JFK, LAGuardia, Newark ?

Houston has IAH and Hobby. SOme like Hobby because of its location and it is less busy.

Edit: just saw that they meant all of them

Last edited by HtownLove; 08-28-2010 at 07:37 PM..

Old 08-28-2010, 07:20 PM

22,379 posts, read 38,665,395 times
I have alsways thought the Orlando airport functions pretty well for it's size and traffic, i think they do a good job, especially considering the number of families and children that move everyday through the airport.

I like PVD as well, use it often as an alternate to Boston at times, you can drive right to the terminal with the rental car, it has decent services (well up until about 8PM)

Also I have rarely had any issues IAH, for a large airport it also seems pretty efficient

Old 08-28-2010, 07:32 PM

10,138 posts, read 15,928,719 times
IAH is one of the most user friendly and clean airports I have used. I really like it too. The Continental Presidents Club is great, and the shops are adequate as well.

I also like O'Hare, it isn't as polished but its very convenient to get things done there. I just love how massive the airport is in general.

Other airports that I really like are LAX, Detroit, DFW, Reagan International, SFO, & Toronto's airport (even though its not in the USA).
All other airports are decent and nice though.

The ones that I hate are Menito San Jose International, Miami, & Skyharbor International.

Menito San Jose International the first 3 times I ever visited the Bay Area to see my cousin had the most third world type of system ever, you carry your carry on luggage down the stairs when exiting the plane, and carry it up when boarding the plane. The inside looked gloomy and depressing. I felt like I was back in Dehi, India or something...

They have made major improvements though, so thats a good thing for sure.

Old 08-28-2010, 07:47 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,591,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
Worst:

1. New York

2. Los Angeles

3. St. Louis

4. D.C.

5. Boston

Best:

1. Houston

2. Orlando

3. Minneapolis/St. Paul

4. Portland, OR

5. Providence

America's Best and Worst Airports

I love how NYC has the most international flight choices. Who really cares how the airport is anyway? as long as I have a place to sit, a few different choices of food, who really cares. Much better than having 1 or 2 layovers.

Houston and Orlando airports are nothing special.

Old 08-28-2010, 07:52 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,760,188 times
I too, hate the airport in Miami.
Another one I don't like is the Int'l airport in San Juan.

I fly American more than I flew Continental, so I am probably more familiar with DFW than I am with IAH. My bf didn't like DFW for some silly reason (I think it had something to do with smoking areas or the lack thereof).

I found the airport in San Antonio really inadequate, but I guess there is too much regional competition from IAH, DFW, HOU and Love (all 4 being busier airports)

Old 08-28-2010, 08:05 PM

8,769 posts, read 10,168,898 times
Atlanta-Hartsfield is my least favorite that I've been to. Bad experience with the staff there, I'm also not a fan of the layout. The city I like just fine, the airport is a different story. Lambert-St. Louis wasn't all that great either and I'm not surprised it made the list of one of the worst.

I liked Albuquerque sunport. Nice collection of model airplanes, artwork, and the observation lounge looking out into the mountains was a nice view. Also like DFW, nothing all that special but I've never had any problems with it (hopefully I never will), it's one of the busiest airports in the world yet the security lines go quickly when I'm there.

Last edited by Canes2006Champs; 08-28-2010 at 08:13 PM..

Old 08-28-2010, 08:06 PM

28 posts, read 56,776 times
I hate the DC airport, the hallways are too narrow and the people are rude. Chicago O'Hare airport is terrible for smokers because they have to go through security after every break (something to do with Illinois smoking laws).

Old 08-28-2010, 08:09 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,129,160 times
I love LAX and Dulles
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.