U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: California Most Powerful State in America?
Yes! Economic beast, T.V shows, cali way of "speaking" 66 51.16%
No , it doenst have the best economy, no shows are filmed there, no one uses a neutral cali accent 63 48.84%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-20-2008, 02:38 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
15,453 posts, read 25,401,064 times
Reputation: 8919

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979 View Post
California is a microcosm of what is yet to happen to the rest of the U.S. if we continue to allow immigrants to invade at a record pace. You can't have an enormous underclass supported by a much smaller middle and upper class. Overpopulation is destroying CA.
Just curious, have you actually ever lived in CA?

 
Old 11-20-2008, 02:51 PM
 
Location: Bronx, NY
9,845 posts, read 22,173,413 times
Reputation: 3543
It probably is, and this is coming from a New Yorker.

I believe the economy of California alone is the tenth largest in the world.

In my opinion, God forbid if states broke off and became countries, California and Texas would probably have the easiest transitions, with maybe Florida and New York following.

Last edited by NooYowkur81; 11-20-2008 at 03:03 PM..
 
Old 11-20-2008, 05:25 PM
 
Location: Scarsdale, NY
2,775 posts, read 10,720,075 times
Reputation: 794
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
I don't cuss and act like LA is the only place in the world that anyone likes. Unlike how Futcha lies about liking Boston and LA, I like LA, SF, SD, Miami, Chicago, Seattle, Honolulu, Portland, Denver, Dallas, Atlanta, Philly, Boston, Kansas City, DC, NYC, New Jersey, Bmore, and some others. I appreciate the variety they all bring to America's style, culture, and lifestyle. However, if it is not NYC, Futcha thinks it is a nonentity. He makes people believe his opinions like he is God and his opinions are facts. He boasts about NYC being great and amazing and clean and modern and futuristic, while also boasting about how ghetto, dirty, crime-ridden, and unsafe it is at the same time. He just finds every way he can to bring NYC into the spotlight. Trust me, if I could get LA to stay out of the spotlight on a few things, I'd be fine with it.
Where the **** do you get that from? I love Boston.

And you're damn right I boost the **** out of NYC. What else can a 17 year old kid do? I tell every jerkoff about my age and they look at me like "you ain't **** jerkoff" so you're damn right I'll close my once before open mind here and start shoving it back in their faces. I've done more traveling than 95% of the people here who claim to know more than me. I bet you've never been to Asia, Europe, Central America, or the Caribbean have you?

You think LA's a real city? Haha I've seen cities a fraction of LA's size that are realer cities than LA...

Quebec City, Quebec for example...

Taken by Nino H of flickr.com


Taken by Nino H of flickr.com


Taken by imapix of flickr.com
 
Old 11-20-2008, 05:27 PM
 
Location: Scarsdale, NY
2,775 posts, read 10,720,075 times
Reputation: 794
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Just curious, have you actually ever lived in CA?
Oh but it's alright for you guys to come and tell us what's going on in New York. I've had TOURISTS argue with me in the shop about New York's issues.
 
Old 11-20-2008, 05:28 PM
 
Location: Scarsdale, NY
2,775 posts, read 10,720,075 times
Reputation: 794
And you can ban me but if I go more go. MachineKnownAsLosAngeles is no better than me regarding this matter.
 
Old 11-20-2008, 05:32 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
15,453 posts, read 25,401,064 times
Reputation: 8919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futcha View Post
Oh but it's alright for you guys to come and tell us what's going on in New York. I've had TOURISTS argue with me in the shop about New York's issues.

What are you talking about? I don't talk or make assumptions about whats going on in NYC or even say negative things about it. What the hell does a tourist arguing with you have to do with me?

Seriously stop creating fights and arguments with people based on something they didn't even say, get a grip already..........
 
Old 11-20-2008, 05:33 PM
 
Location: Scarsdale, NY
2,775 posts, read 10,720,075 times
Reputation: 794
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
What are you talking about? I don't talk or make assumptions about whats going on in NYC or even say negative things about it. What the hell does a tourist arguing with you have to do with me?

Seriously stop creating fights and arguments with people based on something they didn't even say, get a grip already..........
Pal don't bull**** me I'm not a ****in moron. I've gotten into arguments with you in the NEW YORK CITY section of this site.
 
Old 11-20-2008, 05:41 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
15,453 posts, read 25,401,064 times
Reputation: 8919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futcha View Post
Pal don't bull**** me I'm not a ****in moron. I've gotten into arguments with you in the NEW YORK CITY section of this site.
I'm not, your just too full of sh*t and don't realize it. The only time I even bother with you is when I am defending CA. I don't put down NYC b/c I don't have anything against NYC at all, I admire it for many of the same reasons other people do. I am visiting in March for the first time and I can't wait.

Go find me posts of mine where I say negative things about NYC or make all of these assumptions about what going on there. Stop making absurd claims that you can't even back up......

That ONE thread in the NYC forum you got into an argument with me was about some stupid BS about New Yorkers thinking Californians envy them and think about them all the time. You just argued with me about rap/hip hop, which I don't care about and I never even said anything negative about NYC. Go reread the thread if you need a reminder.
 
Old 11-20-2008, 05:46 PM
 
Location: Scarsdale, NY
2,775 posts, read 10,720,075 times
Reputation: 794
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
I'm not, your just too full of sh*t and don't realize it. The only time I even bother with you is when I am defending CA. I don't put down NYC b/c I don't have anything against NYC at all, I admire it for many of the same reasons other people do. I am visiting in March for the first time and I can't wait.

Go find me posts of mine where I say negative things about NYC or make all of these assumptions about what going on there. Stop making absurd claims that you can't even back up......

That ONE thread in the NYC forum you got into an argument with me was about some stupid BS about New Yorkers thinking Californians envy them and think about them all the time. You just argued with me about rap/hip hop, which I don't care about and I never even said anything negative about NYC. Go reread the thread if you need a reminder.
Don't bull**** me. Are you a ****in liberal? Are you one of them anti-Bush or 9/11 conspiracy jerkoffs who walk around telling us what went on that day?
 
Old 11-20-2008, 05:54 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
15,453 posts, read 25,401,064 times
Reputation: 8919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futcha View Post
Don't bull**** me. Are you a ****in liberal? Are you one of them anti-Bush or 9/11 conspiracy jerkoffs who walk around telling us what went on that day?
I'm not, if you don't believe me then prove it otherwise. You talk a lot of talk but you don't back anything you say about me. If what you claim about me is true then find specific posts that show that, until you do then all you are doing is running your mouth.

So you can keep swearing at me and going off on the most random tangents but that does not prove anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top