U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: California Most Powerful State in America?
Yes! Economic beast, T.V shows, cali way of "speaking" 66 51.16%
No , it doenst have the best economy, no shows are filmed there, no one uses a neutral cali accent 63 48.84%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 12:58 AM

134 posts, read 113,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos_zambrano View Post
lol @ people acting like all of california from end to end is densely populated. the whole boswash cop out is hilarious by east coasters, they always get an inferiority complex its funny. a VAST amount of the state is rural/no economic impact...that goes to show how big L.A and the Bay Areas economies are

in ending, my answer is yes
Actually, the San Joaquin Valley is extremely important, economically speaking... I would suggest that it is more important than Los Angeles or the Bay Area.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:43 AM

2,775 posts, read 10,728,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naperville View Post
Is it?

i say yeah
They ain't more powerful than me I'll tell you that much. One of them walks up to me like a funny guy I'll slap em in the ****in jaw.

By the way this poll is stupid. I didn't even vote, that's how stupid it is. Of course shows on the TV are filmed there. But you think shows on the TV are what gives you power? Is this a joke?

Yuo tell me what's more powerful... The Surreal Life or NBC World News, MSNBC, Bloomberg Television, FOX News, etc?

Old 11-05-2008, 07:48 AM

2 posts, read 2,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futcha View Post
One of them walks up to me like a funny guy I'll slap em in the ****in jaw.

lol, new yorkers are all talk

slap a "funny guy" gangbanger in compton,east l.a(a HUGE area) , or watts and see what happens

Old 11-05-2008, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos_zambrano View Post
lol, new yorkers are all talk

slap a "funny guy" gangbanger in compton,east l.a(a HUGE area) , or watts and see what happens
Little do you know that South Central and Compton's crime rate has dropped insanely over the past few years to the point that LA's safer than Boston, MA. You want hardcore gangbangers go a mile outside of NYC and into Jersey and Compton will look like Heaven.

I'm all talk? Bull****. I threw a hot dog at an Anaheim Angels fan in Anaheim. I love bringing attention to myself.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:55 AM

12,083 posts, read 34,203,308 times
Quote:
Little do you know that South Central and Compton's crime rate has dropped insanely over the past few years to the point that LA's safer than Boston, MA. You want hardcore gangbangers go a mile outside of NYC and into Jersey and Compton will look like Heaven.

I'm all talk? Bull****. I threw a hot dog at an Anaheim Angels fan in Anaheim. I love bringing attention to myself.
What a frigging baby. You think crime rates determine how tough an area is. Wake up. Welcome to ignore. I can't take the stupid childish arguments you put forth with ZERO understanding of how the real world works.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:00 AM

15,989 posts, read 30,721,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
What a frigging baby. You think crime rates determine how tough an area is. Wake up. Welcome to ignore. I can't take the stupid childish arguments you put forth with ZERO understanding of how the real world works.
Exactly, I agree.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Oh really? Don't you have math problems to do in your office? It's Wednesday, the hump of the week, people like you are the reason the economy's down... No work ethic... Log off of City-Data and lower my gas prices. I make 9 bucks an hour I could use it.

No I don't think crime is what makes an area tough, I was just saying that gangbangers in Jersey make Compton gangbangers look like preschoolers these days.

As for toughness, I've said it before and I'll say it again... Toughness = physical and mental strength.

I've seen the real world enough. I'm surrounded by major politicians, stock brokers, and business executives in my neighborhood. There was a Halloween party in my neighborhood... It wasn't a Halloween party, it was a business meeting in disguise as a Halloween party. I had to go to it and Iall I heard was politics, business, and money. Real world = Scarsdale life.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:04 AM

15,989 posts, read 30,721,250 times
Quote:
Oh really? Don't you have math problems to do in your office? It's Wednesday, the hump of the week, people like you are the reason the economy's down... No work ethic... Log off of City-Data and lower my gas prices. I make 9 bucks an hour I could use it.

No I don't think crime is what makes an area tough, I was just saying that gangbangers in Jersey make Compton gangbangers look like preschoolers these days.

As for toughness, I've said it before and I'll say it again... Toughness = physical and mental strength.

I've seen the real world enough. I'm surrounded by major politicians, stock brokers, and business executives in my neighborhood.
That's not the real world.......and gangbangers are all the same, they all kill.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
That's not the real world.......and gangbangers are all the same, they all kill.
Yes it is the real world. It's big time business and international politics. A guy down the street from me spent 1 year in Baghdad for work (and he's not in the military). My neighborhood does live in the real world.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:30 AM

8,193 posts, read 22,354,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dem3456 View Post
While California does have the highest population, it does have some serious contenders with states like New York, Florida, and Texas. I wouldn't say California is the most powerful state; I don't really think it could easily survive without the rest of the nation.
According to the CIA, if California was a country, it would have the tenth strongest economy in the world. That ranking is placed at 8th by California's Legislative Analysis's Office and 7th by California's Finance Office. So, clearly the dominant economic powerhouse in the US. California pays more money to the Federal system then it receives in direct monetary benefits.

California is also the WORLD's fifth largest supplier of food and agriculture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or