U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 07:20 AM

2,486 posts, read 2,362,491 times

Advertisements

^come on dude. WHy do you republicans come up with such silly crap?

You always cast your opponenets as God hating satanist that sacrifice lambs. No wonder your party is falling apart. America has grown up. The majority of us are no longer racist, or let religion get in the way of our politics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 08:02 AM

1,505 posts, read 3,847,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by south-to-west View Post
OK. I don't know if you're trolling or if you're really that dim.
If you can't spot the fool at the table, then its probably you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by south-to-west View Post
How can you not see the significance in the first black president?
Its only significant if you still view other people in racist terms.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:04 AM

11,177 posts, read 22,391,357 times
I think it's amazing we elected a black man, but for me personally (as a white person), his skin color had NOTHING to do with why I elected him. I'm fairly confident I'm not alone here.

He stands for so many things in which I believe. Talking instead of fighting. Bringing the whole world to the table instead of just pronouncing out your desires and demands upon them as if slaves to your power.

I'm eleated Bush will finally be gone, and we have a FRESH face in power who speaks for the younger generation, and all those in our country who have never had their voice heard. They're just as much Americans as you and I.

It might turn out a disaster, but in the end at least we took the initiative and worked to change our country. It really says a lot, and the world right now is quite amazed and impressed that after heading down a road for 8 years - we ARE capable of turning around and once again reinventing ourselves and what we stand for.

Woohoo!

Old 11-07-2008, 01:04 PM

2,133 posts, read 5,621,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidus View Post
If you can't spot the fool at the table, then its probably you.

Its only significant if you still view other people in racist terms.
Yep...you're a troll.

Old 11-08-2008, 08:07 AM

16,437 posts, read 19,150,535 times
I voted for McCain, but a big majority of my fellow Americans chose otherwise and put Obama in office. I accept that and will support him as the people's choice. I will pray for him as he faces the formidable challenges awaiting his administration. I believe he will represent all Americans and I believe he will do his best for our nation. I believe McCain would've done the same. For the first time in my adult life (I'm 64) I feel we had a choice between two good candidates. Usually it's been a choice of the lesser evil between two poor candidates.

Old 11-08-2008, 08:16 AM

5,231 posts, read 11,681,228 times
He refers to himself as a "mutt." That tells me he isn't the 1st AA President, but he definitely is the first "mutt" to be elected.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:57 PM

129 posts, read 335,785 times
President Obama is gonna take this country out of the ****hole it is in today. I wish Bush has a depressing retirment...I hope he cant sleep at night. He has the blood of countless Americans and foreigners on his hands. If you saw the celebrations in different parts of the world you would then know what this election will mean in history. This can put America back in the hearts of the rest of the world. Mr. Obama Houston has your back.

Old 11-08-2008, 07:07 PM

2,796 posts, read 5,491,148 times
Obamma will not ruin the country but he will not do a darn thing for it either. He has no experience. He's black. Woouptee dooo. Finally we got that behind us. Next election lets focus on somebody with some experience and a plan to help our country.

Old 11-08-2008, 07:49 PM

5,706 posts, read 8,771,469 times
I loved the mutt comment. America is primarily a nation of mutts, I believe that is part of what makes us a great country.

Old 11-08-2008, 09:17 PM

6,967 posts, read 18,220,867 times
Quote:
I must say though that I am disappointed in the reactions to Obama's win. I naively believed that America had really gotten beyond race. Since yesterday however I seen people say how happy they that a black man won, not that they are happy that the man who they felt was the best candidate won. This demonstrates that people are as racist as ever. The only thing that has changed is the flavor of racism.
i still love this...i take it this cat doesn't live in a big city?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.