U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 04:33 PM

2,909 posts, read 12,992,549 times

Advertisements

I wonder why you dont plan on relocating to a warmer climate. Once I save enough money I am moving to a temperate four season climate in the northeast states
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2007, 06:23 PM

17,835 posts, read 29,973,807 times
My sister just got back from phila tonight
she said there were piles of snow everywhere
here is the next couple days forecast

tonight
Few Snow Showers / Wind Low
27 F
Precip: 30%
Windy. Snow flurries and a few snow showers throughout the night. Low 27F. Winds NW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of snow 30%.

Friday
Flurries / Wind
Flurries / Wind High
32 F
Precip: 20%
Any snow flurries ending with partial cloudiness and windy conditions continuing by afternoon. High 32F. Winds NW at 20 to 30 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

Friday night
Clear / Wind
Clear / Wind Low
17 F
Precip: 10%
Windy with clear skies. Low 17F. Winds NW at 20 to 30 mph.

Old 02-22-2007, 07:45 PM

9,594 posts, read 23,720,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
I wonder why you dont plan on relocating to a warmer climate.

Once I save enough money I am moving to a temperate four season climate in the northeast states
Who me?

I can't "plan" to move to a warmer climate because I can't plan to be legally allowed to work somewhere warm, or plan to retire somewhere warm any time soon. I've been hoping to live somewhere warm since I was a kid.

Even our warmest climate in Canada still does not have April's averaging at 60 F or more. Where I live is 52 F in April, so pretty much in my country there isn't a whole lot of difference for warmer places.

Seriously though, I will not let myself think about moving somewhere warm until I feel somewhat comfortably financially. I'm doing this by saving money, trying to increase my job skills/qualifications and by avoiding ideas of dating or starting my own family like the plague.

You said yourself, you need to save enough money before you're willing to move to a four-season climate.

*NAH I apologise if it sounds like a rant. I appreciate the question and figured it was asked out of consideration for me. (or whoever you addressed it to)

Old 02-22-2007, 08:27 PM

2,909 posts, read 12,992,549 times
Then I wish you luck saving enough to make the relocation to the US, youll probably like Texas and its hot summers, mild winters and very affordable housing. $100k there gets you a nice 1500 square feet house, $50k will get you a nice 2/2 condo or an old house needing minor TLC. How soon do you plan to move? I hope to leave FL(unless house prices drop big time) within a year.

Old 02-22-2007, 09:15 PM

21,642 posts, read 30,258,627 times
I HATE warm weather!!!!!!!! It was 80 here yesterday and I thought I would melt, I am NOT looking forward to summer! Most people on here know that about me. Maybe it would different if we had winter here, but we only get a few cool days then it's over
So I don't look forward to warmer weather

Old 02-22-2007, 09:30 PM

15,595 posts, read 35,289,970 times
Still a balmy 40 below ambiant on the north central coast of Alaska today. Man I cannot wait for March. That's when we get most of our snow. Spring skiing is great.

Old 02-22-2007, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Still a balmy 40 below ambiant on the north central coast of Alaska today. Man I cannot wait for March. That's when we get most of our snow. Spring skiing is great.
Ahhhh... Not warm enough for snow.

I hope you get a lovely snowfall when spring warms things up.

Last edited by ColdCanadian; 02-22-2007 at 10:43 PM..

Old 02-22-2007, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I HATE warm weather!!!!!!!! It was 80 here yesterday and I thought I would melt, I am NOT looking forward to summer! Most people on here know that about me. Maybe it would different if we had winter here, but we only get a few cool days then it's over
So I don't look forward to warmer weather
That reminds me ILNC, I don't think you mentioned details about your recent trip to N.C., besides great weather.

Did you see or do anything new and exciting?
Try out a fantastic restaurant?
Make any new friends?

Now might be a great time to visit southern Ontario if you wanted to visit in winter. Were past our "deep freeze/Arctic Air" meaning all forecast highs are above 20 F, some getting above freezing, yet we have plenty of snow and plenty of cold to keep most of it around. That and the days are getting longer so there is more to see.

I'm actually planning on going downhill snow skiing this Saturday with a friend. Supposed to be nice; high of 26 F and mostly sunny. (It sure beats high of 16 F, or 6 F, LOL) I went downhill skiing the second day in my life a few weekends ago and found it quite fun; a great substitute for water skiing, in some ways more interesting, as long as you can keep warm enough that your skin doesn't sting.

I actually found some strategies on how to keep my fingers and toes warm. My toes I use chemical hot packs and shove them into the boots, under my toes. My fingers, I could use hot packs too, but plain very thick winter mitts work well in temps hovering just below freezing. I've also gained 13 lbs since last November so that's helping stabilize and insulate my "core."

Old 02-22-2007, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
Then I wish you luck saving enough to make the relocation to the US, youll probably like Texas and its hot summers, mild winters and very affordable housing. $100k there gets you a nice 1500 square feet house, $50k will get you a nice 2/2 condo or an old house needing minor TLC. How soon do you plan to move? I hope to leave FL(unless house prices drop big time) within a year.
Thanks, and likewise with your four-season dream home.

Old 02-23-2007, 06:51 AM

5,298 posts, read 5,774,056 times
I'm getting excited we have been in the 60's consistently here,yesterday was 74 and the 10 day forecast is saying 60's and and a 70 or two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or