U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 01:36 PM

1,047 posts, read 2,511,846 times

Advertisements

I was just wondering about the negativity when I noticed this thread. How funny - made me laugh! Maybe the stars are aligning under happy thoughts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 02:06 PM

8,345 posts, read 14,132,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerflipper View Post
Jeez, if you feel it's too negative then say something positive and maybe someone will follow your lead.
This is where the problem is. 90% of the posters on this particular forum lack the ability to keep a thread positive. When you try to be positive, it just turns into a flame war. When you say "I like Cleveland," 10 people who have never been to Cleveland jump all over you and tell you why you are wrong. City vs. City threads breed angry flame wars. Heck, even the Pro-Buffalo thread devolved into a flame war over whether or not Buffalo was as big as Pittsburgh. If you are seeking useful information, this is not the place to find it. You have to visit the localized forums for that. The general US forum is the "Idiocracy" of the city data forum universe.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:08 PM

55,756 posts, read 74,760,919 times
lots of angry people. my theory is lack of fiber and excercise.

Old 11-08-2008, 09:52 AM

87,079 posts, read 102,815,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC 38 View Post
This is where the problem is. 90% of the posters on this particular forum lack the ability to keep a thread positive. When you try to be positive, it just turns into a flame war. When you say "I like Cleveland," 10 people who have never been to Cleveland jump all over you and tell you why you are wrong. City vs. City threads breed angry flame wars. Heck, even the Pro-Buffalo thread devolved into a flame war over whether or not Buffalo was as big as Pittsburgh. If you are seeking useful information, this is not the place to find it. You have to visit the localized forums for that. The general US forum is the "Idiocracy" of the city data forum universe.
Well, I'm not sure about your conclusion about seeking useful information. Some forums, yes, others, no. Some people are so defensive about their city that if you ever disagree with them, things get nasty real fast. You'd think that some of these cities are so crime-free, there is no need for a poice force, there is no unemployment, the streets are paved with gold, the climate is like that of the south of France, and any problems anyone encounters are of their own making.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or