U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 10:55 PM

83 posts, read 269,713 times

Advertisements

It would seem like every state is terrible! New Jersey has the worst government, Western New York has the worst winters, Arizona has chemtrails ()....

Why so much negativity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 11:04 PM

6,867 posts, read 12,834,411 times
people feel better about their own city by putting other cities down. you will find that most of the negative things that are said will come from someone that has never set foot in the city they are trashing. that's why you can't take it too seriously. the best thing to do when you get annoyed with the negative threads is just don't open them. sometimes i find them to be funny and entertaining when there is a bit of truth to them and other times i can do without them when its the same trolls intentionally trying to upset people. ohwell, like i said, don't take it too seriously.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:19 AM

8,937 posts, read 13,710,369 times
People who have something to complain about always speak the loudest.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:24 AM

2,486 posts, read 2,365,963 times
I agree. I wish the moderation on this board would change. I am a poster at SSP. There they don't allow City bashing, or city vs city threads because they always cause flame wars.

A lot of posters on this board are not negative, but many post ignorance on either other cities, or lately on politics. Such as if you are liberal you hate God, or in the other Cleveland vs Pittsburgh thread that Pittsburgh is boring with nothing to do. I know the person who typed that probably visited the Burgh and didn't know where to go, or have the right people to show him around, and then he comes and types ignorance on this forum.

Personally, I come here from SSP sometimes because this board is more lively and it is entertaining to see the ignorance and negativity of people. However, it does frustrate me most of the time.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:29 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,222,398 times
Ok, so previously posters thought the board was 'over moderated' now it's the opposite? Jeez, if you feel it's too negative then say something positive and maybe someone will follow your lead.

We have enough censorship these days...

Old 11-07-2008, 10:02 AM

2,486 posts, read 2,365,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerflipper View Post
Ok, so previously posters thought the board was 'over moderated' now it's the opposite? Jeez, if you feel it's too negative then say something positive and maybe someone will follow your lead.

We have enough censorship these days...
It is how they moderate it. If you go to SSP and say sarcastic jokes, or even throw out a S word, they don't give you infractions. On SSP posters seem to be older, and more educated. Sarcasm is welcomed over there. On this board it is looked down on. It is overmoderated. I got infractions for being sarcastic. Some of my post get deleated for just sarcasm. SARCASM! I mean come on.

However, they let threads go into little flame wars where people attack other cities on ignorance and spew out just stupid things. It is over moderated in terms of sarcasm, joking around, etc and under moderated in terms of stopping stupid ignorant flame wars.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:32 PM

3,047 posts, read 8,148,184 times
personally, if things are positive and going good i find no reason to talk about it. that goes for threads online too. it's like, i see no reason to post a thread about me returning a check book and wallet to an old lady who left it behind in a church pue. i see no reason to start threads about me holding a door open for 60 school children as they passed. i see no reason to start a thread talking about how i let women enter and leave the train car before i do, etc. these are things that are right to me and should be expected. i tend to post negative threads, and so do the majority of us, because i believe we want to find out WHY things are like this. When things are going good, hey that's great! no need to report about it.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:34 PM

3,047 posts, read 8,148,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NintendoTogepi View Post
It would seem like every state is terrible! New Jersey has the worst government, Western New York has the worst winters, Arizona has chemtrails ()....
LOL...you don't like the chemtrail theory, eh? that's funny. just remember 99% of conspiracies are 100% horse manure. but that 1% is true...

Old 11-07-2008, 12:34 PM

463 posts, read 1,369,815 times
Two Words: "Internet Anonymity"

Old 11-07-2008, 01:07 PM

5,716 posts, read 14,591,270 times
I stubbed my toe. I'm sorry if that shows in my posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or