Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 06:32 PM

203 posts, read 689,146 times

Advertisements

Out of all da U.S states, everyone here seems to talk about Cali the most. Why?? Theres other good states like NY and Florida
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 06:38 PM

68 posts, read 134,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronx_kidd View Post
Out of all da U.S states, everyone here seems to talk about Cali the most. Why?? Theres other good states like NY and Florida

Please only New York and Chicago get talked about on here good everybody else hates Los angeles worships San Diego (even though I like San Diego) and acts like San Francisco is the only real city in all of California.

P.S. and everybody thinks Texas is the **** mainly Houston (no offense).

Last edited by Needless Kane; 09-23-2008 at 06:48 PM..

Old 09-23-2008, 07:12 PM

2,245 posts, read 7,191,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needless Kane View Post
Please only New York and Chicago get talked about on here good everybody else hates Los angeles worships San Diego (even though I like San Diego) and acts like San Francisco is the only real city in all of California.

If I determined which cities were good from the people on this site, I'd say Seattle, Houston, and Chicago are the greatest cities in the U.S. if not the world (no offense to those cities because I like them all).

Old 09-23-2008, 07:22 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,859,963 times
^^Don't forget Omaha.

Not my personal favorite, though. Nice town, just not my favorite.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:23 PM

521 posts, read 1,629,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainulinale View Post
If I determined which cities were good from the people on this site, I'd say Seattle, Houston, and Chicago are the greatest cities in the U.S. if not the world (no offense to those cities because I like them all).
Either you're new to this forum, or you have your eyes completely closed to the status quo of this forum. I cant speak for Seattle since it isnt mentioned any more than all the other cities, but Houston is definitely one of the cities crapped on the most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needless Kane View Post
I agree. People do talk about San Fran likes its the only real city since it has the most urban life on top with NY and CH. San Diego is talked about like its paradise. And there are plenty of LA haters.

But answering the OP's question, California is probably talked about the most here. Mainly because it has something for everyone. You want urban life-SF. Big city with anything and everything to do - LA. Paradise lifestyle - SD. Somewhere in the middle - OC. Schools - NorCal (Stanford, Berkeley) - SoCal (USC, UCLA, CalTech). Then there is everything outside city limits such as the Lake Tahoe area, Sierra Nevadas, Napa Valley, Yosemite.

Last edited by wesside; 09-23-2008 at 07:29 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 09-23-2008, 07:27 PM

2,245 posts, read 7,191,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesside View Post
Either you're new to this forum, or you have your eyes completely closed to the status quo of this forum. I cant speak for Seattle since it isnt mentioned any more than all the other cities, but Houston is definitely one of the cities crapped on the most.

Well considering that I have over 1000 posts, I think I'm more qualified to talk about this site than you. From my experience, in the threads that I attend, those cities are very often seen as greater than they are.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:39 PM

521 posts, read 1,629,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainulinale View Post
Well considering that I have over 1000 posts, I think I'm more qualified to talk about this site than you. From my experience, in the threads that I attend, those cities are very often seen as greater than they are.
Wow, over 1000 posts. All that means is that you submits posts alot. I dont. (btw, congratulations on that, you must be very proud).
How about we let this thread decide how people view Houston to decide.... I dont think you'd like the results

Last edited by wesside; 09-23-2008 at 07:40 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 09-23-2008, 10:07 PM

13,351 posts, read 39,954,509 times
Good grief, California has the largest population in the country, by far. It only stands to reason that it's mentioned the most. By the way, I've noticed that there are just about as many negative posts about California as positive.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:19 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,644,089 times
hahha, hell no! I think hating on CA has become an official Olympic sport now! Just go to the general forum and search for CA and you'll see how many anti-CA threads there are under the other state forums. Or go to USAToday.com and anytime there is a story about CA, no matter what it's about, there will be hateful, ignorant comments directed at us.

It's the most populated and powerful state and the center of the media so we get a lot of attention, both good and bad. Some hate us for it, some love us, some like us, etc.... Honestly I'm tired of all the attention and coverage this state gets, it goes to SOME people's heads and causes a backlash against us. This state has a lot to offer but just as many problems it seems. On most quality of life measurements we rank average at best to below average but that doesn't stop people from gloating about the climate, scenery, things to do, etc...to defend this state. It's definitely not as praised or liked as much as it used to be.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:29 AM

5,717 posts, read 16,347,216 times
They hate us because we're beautiful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.