U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2008, 12:48 PM

784 posts, read 2,051,556 times

Advertisements

As someone who has traveled up and down the eastern seabord, as well as to the midwest, all the way to the west. I have lived everywhere from Florida to California and everywhere inbetween. I have moved for different reasons at different times. The main reason was for my job (I will not get into that), others were for work in general. Some where just to explore how the other half lives.
I can't say that I regret any of my moves, for each in their own way was beneficial in one way or the other. I have learned to respect people of all colors, races, backgrounds, etc. I have also learned more about myself, my likes, dislikes, etc.
Certain cities I obviously prefered over others. Some I plan on moving back to. However, for the time being, I have moved back to were I originally came from. However, it is not of homesick or love of the locals. I actually don't care for where I was raised, I am here more for personal reasons at this point of my life, and I plan to leave as soon as all my affairs are in order. I am in my mid thirties and I have lived all over the country for the last thirteen years. I feel lucky to have had this chance in my life. Some people never leave their own state and never experience the many different experiences one can have by moving to a new region or area. I am blessed to have seen what I have seen. It's nice to stand under the Empire State Building, or be close enough to throw a rock at the Hollywood sign. Seeing the great Rocky mts for the first time is a site I will never forget. The oceans of Florida, California, Va beach. The mountains of NY, Arizona, california and of course the already mentioned Colorado. To see all the cornfields of the midwest and to be lost in what feels like a time zone when your in certain parts of the midwest..Casually strolling down Bourbon Street in New Orleans..Well you get the point. America really is beautiful.
The one thing I realized in life though, is that no matter where you have been, and for how long. And no matter how much you might think or do hate your hometown. Home is home. It truly is were the heart is. It is where the people who love you the most are. And for all my travels, it is good to know that you can always go back home. Even if you don't appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.