Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: East Coast vs. West Coast
West Coast 71 49.31%
East Coast 73 50.69%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 10:41 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futcha View Post
You're a perfect example of a Californian that I've tried to portray since I've been here. Every Californian thinks they're so tough, so ****in hard. Move to Buffalo, New York, Rochester, Boston, or Philly where you actually have to live in harsh conditions and then tell me how tough you are. Angelenos are so arrogant when it comes to strength. Fact is, they brag about strength and how tough they are and yet they panic when temps drop below 50.
Um... I never said anything about being 'tough'. In fact, 'tough' people are usually the ones overcompensating for something they lack, like tact, social graces or intelligence. They make up for it in 'toughness'. I know I'm not tough, or hard or whatever. I don't go to LA because there are too many damn people there, I don't frequent the east coast because the vast majority of people I've come in contact over there are ...well... *******s, for lack of a better word. I HATE cold weather, and I'll be the first to admit it, it doesn't make me less of a person. If I want cold weather, I drive 3 hours north and go to Big Bear to snowboard and ski, then I come back to the beach to hang out in 75+ degree weather. MY PREFERENCE. So please, for all our sake, keep your macho 'tough guy' act on the east coast. Thanks

Oh, and I'm a 6'1 German gal... not a whole lot of people try to pick fights with me regardless of location

Old 11-19-2008, 12:00 PM

327 posts, read 1,050,680 times
im kinda getting tired of the west coast people using that "i can go ski and go to the beach on the same day" crap...thats cool and all but i think you guys are underestimating our settings. I live in jersey (new bruns area) and i can tell you that i have about everything at my conviences. first off i have the greatest city (NYC)(my opinion) 30mins away, one of the most historic city (Philly) like an hour away, the beach 40mins away(with private state park beaches)(dont underestimate the jersey shore either) and about an hour away north we have so many ski restorts. On top of all that we have four seasons and let me tell you that right now the fall is gorgeous. And honestley when you have four seasons u learn to appreciate spring and summer times more and live them up rather than having it all the time ...LAME and BORING.....diverse huh?

Old 11-19-2008, 12:47 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,498,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifeeldope View Post
im kinda getting tired of the west coast people using that "i can go ski and go to the beach on the same day" crap...thats cool and all but i think you guys are underestimating our settings. I live in jersey (new bruns area) and i can tell you that i have about everything at my conviences. first off i have the greatest city (NYC)(my opinion) 30mins away, one of the most historic city (Philly) like an hour away, the beach 40mins away(with private state park beaches)(dont underestimate the jersey shore either) and about an hour away north we have so many ski restorts. On top of all that we have four seasons and let me tell you that right now the fall is gorgeous. And honestley when you have four seasons u learn to appreciate spring and summer times more and live them up rather than having it all the time ...LAME and BORING.....diverse huh?
How is that opinion? In all honesty there's not one city in this country that ould old a candle to NYC. NYC is not only a major entertainment center especially for music and comedy, but a major commercial center and political influence.

You got all these people coming on here from LA blabbing all day about influence and Hollywood and yet the people they're backing up are morons like Paris Hilton. Hollywood means absolutely nothing and has no value artistically whatsoever. It's overhyped fake bull**** whereas New York's major industries deal with international affairs (such as war), finance (your money, your favorite store's money, etc.), economy (jobs), and much more ALONG WITH the largest teenage influence in the world, MTV, which is starting to become the most non-musical music channel on the TV with all of its moronic reality TV shows these days. Plus NYC is the comedy capital, home of Comedy Central and all the greatest comedy clubs. NYC is also home to HBO, the most successful movie channel.

And please, I hate movies. There are only a few movies that I can actually sit and watch. But other than them I find nothing good out of sitting on my ass for 3 hours and watching people "pretend" together on camera. Talk about a waste of time...

Old 11-19-2008, 12:53 PM

Look at people like MachineKnownAsLosAngeles... It's obvious he just finished watching some gangbanging movie and now he comes here telling everybody about LA being #1 for making a fake movie. How pathetic can a guy get? Cool? Yeah right. Only someone so entrenched in fake television shows would think they're cool.

Old 11-19-2008, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Um... I never said anything about being 'tough'. In fact, 'tough' people are usually the ones overcompensating for something they lack, like tact, social graces or intelligence. They make up for it in 'toughness'. I know I'm not tough, or hard or whatever. I don't go to LA because there are too many damn people there, I don't frequent the east coast because the vast majority of people I've come in contact over there are ...well... *******s, for lack of a better word. I HATE cold weather, and I'll be the first to admit it, it doesn't make me less of a person. If I want cold weather, I drive 3 hours north and go to Big Bear to snowboard and ski, then I come back to the beach to hang out in 75+ degree weather. MY PREFERENCE. So please, for all our sake, keep your macho 'tough guy' act on the east coast. Thanks

Oh, and I'm a 6'1 German gal... not a whole lot of people try to pick fights with me regardless of location
Haha, only in LA will they argue with you and smile at the same time!

PS Of course climate conditions make you tough. Have you ever heard of mind over matter?

Old 11-19-2008, 02:03 PM

2,114 posts, read 4,915,323 times
Futcha, stop arguing with EVERYONE. JetJockey made some good points and ifeeldope made some good points too....for YOUR side of the argument.

You are making the east coast look like a bunch of self-righteous meatheads.

You contridict yourself CONSTANTLY. You brag about NYC having MTV and then complain about their reality tv and brag about having HBO and then say you hate movies. (note: I think reality tv is dumb too but honestly who hates MOVIES?). Don't be afraid to admit that New York isn't the garden of eden. Yes, probably the most important city in the new world, but like everywhere there are things wrong with it. Aaaaaaaand the whole "tough" thing. You are the only one here trying to be tough. Machineknownaslosangeles is an ******* but they aren't trying to be tough, theyre just trying to rep LA obnoxiously. YOU are trying to be tough. I don't know whether you just watched a "gangbanging movie" or what your excuse is but you are from westchester and being from a metro area of 18 million people that has organized crime is not worth bragging about.

As I said before, you are making the east coast look bad.

Last edited by TheWereRabbit; 11-19-2008 at 02:13 PM.. Reason: a bit much

Old 11-19-2008, 02:13 PM

893 posts, read 2,863,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifeeldope View Post
Yeah, I never understood why people in Cali do that. I like skiing in the winter, and chilling by the beach in the summer. You enjoy the seasons that much more when they change.

Not everyone on the east coast is like Futcha. I am the most sensitive guy you can prolly meet, and I live on Long Island. Not so tough am I?

Hopefully I will be able to live on both coast.

East Coast- The "right" coast
West Coast- The "best" coast.

Old 11-19-2008, 04:30 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,343,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymel View Post
Yeah, I never understood why people in Cali do that. I like skiing in the winter, and chilling by the beach in the summer. You enjoy the seasons that much more when they change.

Not everyone on the east coast is like Futcha. I am the most sensitive guy you can prolly meet, and I live on Long Island. Not so tough am I?

Hopefully I will be able to live on both coast.

East Coast- The "right" coast
West Coast- The "best" coast.
Thank you, and everyone else, for posting something civil unlike Futcha. All threads go fine until he comes in and makes NYC look like this boisterous, wealthy city sometimes while flaunting its dangerous ghettos at other times to make NYC better. All his posts are just complete contradictions of his previous posts.

He needs to be banned for ruining every thread on this forum.

Old 11-19-2008, 04:34 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,343,170 times
And also, Futcha, you make people NOT like the East Coast with your boisterous and obnoxious personality. All other posters are good at convincing me that the East Coast is fantastic, but your personality completely turns me off. If you want people to respect your posts, don't be so brutal, stop criticizing everything outside of NYC, stop contradicting yourself, and mostly, RESPECT OTHER PEOPLES' OPINIONS!!!!!!!!

Old 11-19-2008, 05:39 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futcha View Post
Haha, only in LA will they argue with you and smile at the same time!

PS Of course climate conditions make you tough. Have you ever heard of mind over matter?
Sheesh. I guess it's pointless. I said I don't like LA and rarely go there, then you insinuate that I'm from there... and sweetheart, you think the east coast is tough? Try Russia. I've been in St. Petersburg in the dead of winter and trust me, New York is NOTHING compared to that kind of cold. And smiling while arguing? Not argument, healthy debate with respect. I guess it's a west coast thing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.