U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: East Coast vs. West Coast
West Coast 71 49.31%
East Coast 73 50.69%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 07:56 PM

2,775 posts, read 8,559,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem3456 View Post
I cannot imagine living in that community near L.A. It looks like flat land and cookie-cutter home construction at its worst.

But seriously, that other picture of the suburb of Philadelphia is not what all suburbs of eastern cities look like. Not everywhere is a quintessential, foliage-covered, rolling paradise.
Much of it is yes. Unless you go to Long Island or are literally RIGHT outside the city.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:00 PM

Quote:
OK. I'm sure you like being that way, but as you can tell from my posts the posts of others, most of us are getting a little bit frustrated by the fact that you tend to flaunt this all over the place.

Just off the top of my head, you bragged about being accepted to BC, which is an accomplishment, but it was sort of unrelated to this thread. And also, your thread about the New York City skyline started out with a tone that seemed combative towards L.A. and ended with something about your father being a lawyer for a construction company.

Just try to tone it down on the ego, please.
My acceptance into Boston College had plenty to do with the thread. People are all over my ass for being "stupid" so of course I'm going to use that as a perfectly logical defense. I posted the New York skyline thread to be combative towards the LA skyline thread to prove a point that this is the GENERAL US section and they should be put up in their respective section. If I want to see photos of Boston, i go to the Boston section. What makes LA so special that it deserves a thread in the General US section?

Old 11-19-2008, 08:03 PM

893 posts, read 1,803,712 times
Quote:
I cannot imagine living in that community near L.A. It looks like flat land and cookie-cutter home construction at its worst.

But seriously, that other picture of the suburb of Philadelphia is not what all suburbs of eastern cities look like. Not everywhere is a quintessential, foliage-covered, rolling paradise.
Yeah honestly. If he wanted to compare he should have done NYC vs LA suburbs. Our suburbs are just as long and cookie cutter as LA, our house's were just made in the 1950's instead of the 90's. But honestly I think LA's suburbs look way nicer than NYC's.

East Coast and West Coast both have their pro's and con's. It's up to YOU to decide which one is the best for you. But give them both a try, chances are you'll like 'em both.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:04 PM

2,117 posts, read 2,457,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futcha View Post
My acceptance into Boston College had plenty to do with the thread. People are all over my ass for being "stupid" so of course I'm going to use that as a perfectly logical defense.
I thought you were going for football?

Old 11-19-2008, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymel View Post
Yeah honestly. If he wanted to compare he should have done NYC vs LA suburbs. Our suburbs are just as long and cookie cutter as LA, our house's were just made in the 1950's instead of the 90's. But honestly I think LA's suburbs look way nicer than NYC's.

East Coast and West Coast both have their pro's and con's. It's up to YOU to decide which one is the best for you. But give them both a try, chances are you'll like 'em both.
Well not to be a dick but LI isn't exactly known for its glamour. It's obvious why you think that way.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWereRabbit View Post
I thought you were going for football?
That still doesn't mean I'm stupid.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:10 PM

4,388 posts, read 11,558,274 times
OMG has anyone ever been to Pelham,NY, it touches the Bronx. There are so many mansions there. It is GRAND. Haha just wanted to mention a really nice suburb of NY

Old 11-19-2008, 08:11 PM

3,955 posts, read 8,503,088 times
Quote:

Correct. Perhaps overkill on my part trying to make a point to some previous thread participants..

Old 11-19-2008, 08:13 PM

2,117 posts, read 2,457,371 times
MORE EAST VS WEST SUBURBS OFFFFF

Orange County:
http://students.umf.maine.edu/~durantz/Practicum/Webquest/sprawl.jpg (broken link)

5 minutes from center city, Philly:

San Diego suburbs:

Maryland:

Marin County:

Lynn, MA: a short efficent light-rail right from Boston:

Is anyone shocked how much SPRAWL there is in Cali suburbs.....

Old 11-19-2008, 08:19 PM

lmfao That's not Marin County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.