Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 03:24 PM

784 posts, read 2,265,513 times

Advertisements

I just visited Syracuse again for the umpteenth time. I haven't been there in about a year and a half. I have to say, nothing has changed. That city has looked the same for the last fifty years. Only, I think their downtown looks worse than it ever has. I walked downtown only to see empty storefronts after empty storefronts. For a city of 160,000 and a metro of 700,000, it is a shame how dull and boring of a city Syracuse is. I think it reflects upstate woes to a "T". It is economically challenged, gritty, boring as he"ll", and I can't think of a thing to do there. Their skyline now as always is kind of pathetic. I've seen cities with much less population having a much nicer skyline. Nothing significant about Syracuse at all. I do like the College but besides that. The carousel mall is kind of lame. It was supposed to be the biggest mall in the country yet they dont even do anything with the top two floors and there is no difference between that mall or any other mall in upstate NY.
I just wish they would do something with Syracuse because at one time it was a nice city. It even owned a pro basketball team at one time. But that city has seen nothing in so long that I think the locals are used to nothing happening. Build something. Do something to your once proud city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 03:30 PM

821 posts, read 1,039,815 times
I visited SanFrancisco recently and loved it! It was absolutely beautiful, landscape like no other city I've seen. the weather was nice and I loved Ocean beach.

Old 11-26-2008, 05:42 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,301,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bama! View Post
I visited SanFrancisco recently and loved it! It was absolutely beautiful, landscape like no other city I've seen. the weather was nice and I loved Ocean beach.
Are you still hoping to move there? I think you would absolutely love it.

Old 11-26-2008, 05:46 PM

821 posts, read 1,039,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesbabe View Post
Are you still hoping to move there? I think you would absolutely love it.
I am, but I want to finish up my degree first. I think it would be a safer strategy in terms of finances. So I'm aiming for the summer of 2010.

Old 11-26-2008, 05:56 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,301,087 times
New York. I stayed in Manhattan for 10 days and, despite battling some nasty rainstorms, had a wonderful time. I was in awe of everything. There is an energy there that is almost like a vortex. And while it was good for me, I don't think I could handle it on a permanent basis. But it's definitely full of life. The people are great, it has sooooo much to do, and I hope to return in '10 to start where I left off.

Old 11-26-2008, 08:00 PM

910 posts, read 2,984,879 times
Ive visited Louisville in the last couple months, and i was very dissapointed. No historic sites or museums i could find worth while.

Old 11-26-2008, 10:59 PM

244 posts, read 814,711 times
Hey, I just visited SF too! I was very surprised at how small the city seemed to be. I guess I was thinking it would be like a huge metropolitan city. The weather was perfect there until my last day when the fog rolled in. But it kept things cool because it was unusually hot most of the time I was there. What really stood out to me was the friendly people that I met there. I wish I could have seen more of its beauty though.

Old 11-27-2008, 07:03 AM

23,463 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Savannah and Charleston...love them both. One the few places in the country where beauty and grace are still in residence.
Of the two, I prefer Savannah...to me it has a more relaxed, less self-conscious feel to it.

Old 11-27-2008, 07:41 AM

3,326 posts, read 8,861,708 times
Duluth, Minnesota.
Friendly, polite people.
Beautiful landscape overlooking Lake Superior.
It looked like a lot of people still lived in the old, original houses. There didn't appear to be a significant amount of new construction, which was a breath of fresh air.
Too many modern cities/towns are like doughnuts.... nothing in the middle, with all the stuff on the outside.

Old 11-28-2008, 01:04 AM

279 posts, read 1,014,198 times
San Antonio.
And I dont mean to spoil anyones feelings about this city; But I was not impressed. Haha. No offense. Ive been there twice and let me tell you. It was not worth the longg drive from Oklahoma City. I know all of the people arnt like some. But the ones I saw/met shot mean looks at me. But they did have historical sites and a beautiful river walk! But their skyline wasnt all that impressive. Also; They had power lines all over the place! Haha. I dont know. But it wasnt a great trip; I liked San Marcos (Texas) better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.