Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 12:30 PM

217 posts, read 292,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMDallas View Post
I douno, I like both.
I think LA just a little more, but that is only cause of name recognition.
Houston has better buildings.
not really. If you saw each of L.A. buildings up close and indiviualy than you'll see they have pretty artsy buildings too like H-town. e.g. Look up california plaza on google and you'll see

Old 11-29-2008, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurekRZA View Post
We needed some more recent pics of the L.A. skyline, so here they are:

From Flickr, by maveric2003

From flickr by Atwater Village Newbie[/SIZE]

From Flickr, by orchiditis 2000

From Flickr, by angelenic

Need I post more? [/quote]

Beautiful

Old 11-29-2008, 01:20 PM

LOS ANGELES

Old 11-29-2008, 01:22 PM

more pics of L.A.

SkyscraperCity

Los Angeles - SkyscraperCity

LOS ANGELES: Incredible Photos of The City - SkyscraperCity

LOS ANGELES: Incredible Photos of The City - Page 112 - SkyscraperCity

Old 11-29-2008, 01:32 PM

1,909 posts, read 3,782,504 times
I always found the SEVERAL skylines in LA impressive.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:39 PM

1 posts, read 6,619 times
Thumbs up i agree..

Quote:
Originally Posted by coog78 View Post
Houston has the third most continuous skyline in the nation so it wins for density over LA. Houston's Uptown beats Century City easily. LA's downtown has been in competition for quite a while. The tallest building in LA is just a few feet taller than Chase Tower in Houston and was built intentionally that high to be the largest building west of the Mississippi. But when you look at the economies of both cities, Houston gets the last laugh.

i'd have to agree with you on that one i live more down south in corpus christi but i visit houston quite often and im always amazed at the progress and archtecture of the downtown area hell houston even has its own style of achitecture in a computer game sim city 4! in the early 70's houston had a downtown that looked more like san antonio a few highrise's started sprouting here and there in the mid to late 70's but when 1980's rolled around there came a sudden boom of skyscrapers being built with the help of big name oil company's with building's like 700 louisiana,chase tower, the 900ft williams tower in the galleria district of sugarland to name a few which is also claimed the tallest outside of a central buisness district(downtown) the list goes on up until the mid 90's it slowed down substantly and sprawled out big time one of the reasons for this is because of the city virtually not having any zoning restrictions but downtown is still thriving and growing the new centennial park look's awesome sadly houston's barely jumping on the whole metrorail transit thing but they need it anyway and as well as the economy as long as the oil is there there's a good future ahead because thats were most of the money always be made from remember this is TEXAS this is how the whole damn state pretty much got rolling it began with oil it'll end with oil unless the whole world run's out and there is no more(and it might happen) than alternative fuels here we come overall houston's better and more safe too L.A.'s got to worry about the "big One" thats eventually coming,smog,cost of living,crime i mean houston has its share but nothing overwhelming like L.A's and as far as the scene's and beaches yea they got the mountains,palm trees but htown has some of the tallest most beautiful preserved forests and magnificant rivers throughout east texas while there's hollywood,venice beach and others,the forum in inglewood houston's got the astrodome,galveston beach and kennedy space center but then when you start looking at the small thing's each city has i admit they do look alike just like chicago/new york's long competition L.A./Houston has always had there own thing going on but its not just L.A. there main rival is Dallas and now Atlanta and Austin has got into the mix with there surge of building's!

Old 12-05-2008, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTexas08 View Post
L.A.'s got to worry about the "big One" thats eventually coming,smog,cost of living,crime i mean houston has its share but nothing overwhelming like L.A's and as far as the scene's and beaches yea they got the mountains,palm trees

the "Big One" is not a problem in L.A. cause their buildings can withstand rigorous quakes up to 10.0, smog is not that bad either normally people mistake fog for smog and the marine layer for smog too (you'd know smog if you saw it), and crime is not a problem as well, L.A. stats have went down over the years and is not that dangerous any more.

Old 12-07-2008, 02:30 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,343,170 times
Can I just say that if you are going to speak against one city and support another, don't be illiterate. FOR GOD'S SAKE...USE PUNCTUATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-07-2008, 09:30 PM

5,864 posts, read 15,240,802 times
Default Downtown Houston

Old 12-08-2008, 07:05 AM

343 posts, read 942,367 times
I think they are pretty comparable. In some angles LA skyline looks better and in some Houston looks better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.