Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Urban or Suburban??
Urban 130 65.66%
Suburban 68 34.34%
Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 02:03 PM

70 posts, read 196,850 times

Advertisements

on the border of the two. I lived in Alpharetta, Ga. Had Atlanta to the south and the country to the north.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 03:04 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,691,140 times
No wonder i always have conflict with ppl on CD, they are all urban lovers. I like sububurban living even rural if its not too far from civilization. I don't undertand why anyone would want to live on top of ppl in crowded loud neighborhoods and busy sidewalks, where the best way to be transported is by public transportation, which is full of germs and annoying ppl. Give me my own house, yard, car, open fresh air any day! Living in the suburbs is a luxury

Old 08-26-2009, 03:25 PM

1,565 posts, read 4,342,023 times
&& I don't understand why anybody would want to live isolated in a rural area.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:34 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,778,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
No wonder i always have conflict with ppl on CD, they are all urban lovers.
No, you have conflict because you live in semi-isolation and you're not used to dealing with people. The burbs has some advantages, but I guess it all depends on what you're used to and how you grew up. A lot of times you don't get the best of all worlds whether you live in the city or burbs. You just have to decide what's best for you, because there is someplace for everyone.

Old 08-26-2009, 05:34 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,771,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
No, you have conflict because you live in semi-isolation and you're not used to dealing with people. The burbs has some advantages, but I guess it all depends on what you're used to and how you grew up. A lot of times you don't get the best of all worlds whether you live in the city or burbs. You just have to decide what's best for you, because there is someplace for everyone.
Right the suburbs do have pro's such as having your own yard ( though you could easily have this within a city, but when I'm speaking of urban my thought it more dense areas), much larger living space etc.... though for some ( like myself) urban has much more pro's than suburbs, while your likely not able to fit a pool/ pool table, sauna, and other major things on/ in your property ( especially one living in a high rise condo, though now many condo buildings do consist of pools etc...) you can easily find this entertainment around town and likely more while searching.
(Yes the suburbs also have many entertainment, but urban has more by large). Although I prefer urban, another pro of suburbs is closer to nature, but it's not that much trouble to venture from urban areas to great nature.

Old 08-26-2009, 08:00 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,691,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timeofseasons View Post
Right the suburbs do have pro's such as having your own yard ( though you could easily have this within a city, but when I'm speaking of urban my thought it more dense areas), much larger living space etc.... though for some ( like myself) urban has much more pro's than suburbs, while your likely not able to fit a pool/ pool table, sauna, and other major things on/ in your property ( especially one living in a high rise condo, though now many condo buildings do consist of pools etc...) you can easily find this entertainment around town and likely more while searching.
(Yes the suburbs also have many entertainment, but urban has more by large). Although I prefer urban, another pro of suburbs is closer to nature, but it's not that much trouble to venture from urban areas to great nature.
true, but its also not that much trouble to venture into the urban city to have access to all the entertainment and such. Like the poster above you said, both places has its pros and cons, it all has to do with what you want.

Old 08-27-2009, 07:50 PM

1,994 posts, read 5,828,520 times
Urban for me

Old 08-13-2020, 04:51 PM

4,147 posts, read 2,960,858 times
Depends which country you're talking about. In the US, urban inner city areas are usually more run down and unsafe than the suburbs. In other countries like Canada, urban areas are often much more desirable.

Old 08-13-2020, 05:06 PM

6,376 posts, read 4,995,543 times
I don't dislike spending time in the suburbs, I usually try to check out a few suburbs of any major city I visit. But I always prefer to live in the city if I can. The ability to easily access activities, amenities, and interesting neighborhoods is important to me because I get restless sitting at home all the time.

Old 08-14-2020, 07:08 AM

3,715 posts, read 3,698,572 times
Both.

I like living in the burbs, but visiting the city on the weekends and taking part in the culture
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.