U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 11:23 AM

9,594 posts, read 23,701,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_native View Post
Old shops replaced by big box stores and old farms paved over for parking. At first, its nice to have new places to eat, but enough is enough.

I wish I had bought some land out here when I could have still afforded it. Now it is out of my reach financially and Ill have to move if I want a newer place.
That seems to be happening all over North America. We too have an abundance of big box stores, yet there are always plans for more.

Rough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2007, 11:43 AM

20,005 posts, read 69,394,911 times
I moved south (TN), came back to IL 6 months later. LOL I know many folks who have tried the south on and didnt like it, but have also known a family who really enjoyed it and have stayed in TN. Too darn hot and humid for me down there, but hey, whatever floats yer boat! LOL

Old 02-28-2007, 12:21 PM

1,472 posts, read 3,666,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
No I didn't see that interview.

On the net I randomly found an interview with Dale Jr. and Altanta rapper Ludicrus, since they were in a music video together. When asked what they thought, first Ludicrous answered "oh, that's a no-no, unless there's a Malcolm X on it" then they asked Dale. Dale's answer was not tactful at all but abusive and insulting.

Yeah, I don't really like NASCAR anymore. I kinda did back in the late 90's, but even still it wasn't as exciting as the old race footage from its hey-days in the 50's, 60's and even 70's.
They were in a music video together? I missed that! The question of the Confederate flag came up? Then it doesnt surprise me at all that he would have said negative things about the flag.

Old 02-28-2007, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_native View Post
They were in a music video together? I missed that! The question of the Confederate flag came up? Then it doesnt surprise me at all that he would have said negative things about the flag.
I was sort of expecting him to be negative, but I wasn't expecting a comment so bold, rude and hateful.
In my humble opinion that was uncalled for, not a trace of southern manners at all.

I guess I just assumed he was going make light of it like Ludricrus, if he didn't agree.

Old 02-28-2007, 04:04 PM

I believe Jr and Ludricrus had a video about a year or two ago. I have no idea what song it was for though...

Old 02-28-2007, 09:18 PM

414 posts, read 2,416,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
I moved south (TN), came back to IL 6 months later. LOL I know many folks who have tried the south on and didnt like it, but have also known a family who really enjoyed it and have stayed in TN. Too darn hot and humid for me down there, but hey, whatever floats yer boat! LOL
Isn't life way easier and slower down there? Why would you move back?

Old 02-28-2007, 10:17 PM

69 posts, read 366,628 times
When I lived in central FL, I really didn't feel like I was in the south. Of course geographically, it's southern, but was made up of transplants from all over. But I did symphatize with the true natives. So many people move to FL, then trash the place and the people. Although I am from a mid atlantic state (Maryland...well it falls below the M-D Line, but many people lump it with the mid atlantic ) I found myself saying "I don't care how you did it up north!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or