U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city has the most beautiful and breathtaking skyline?
Baltimore 3 0.70%
Los Angeles 7 1.63%
Seattle 37 8.62%
Denver 9 2.10%
San Diego 7 1.63%
Phoenix 2 0.47%
Chicago 57 13.29%
San Francisco 32 7.46%
Houston 17 3.96%
New York City 92 21.45%
Boston 8 1.86%
Philadelphia 7 1.63%
Pittsburgh 23 5.36%
Dallas 13 3.03%
Detroit 5 1.17%
Atlanta 84 19.58%
St. Louis 4 0.93%
Minneapolis 15 3.50%
Kansas City 1 0.23%
New Orleans 6 1.40%
Voters: 429. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 09:49 PM

625 posts, read 1,563,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainrock View Post
You are in desperate need of some new material jasper.

54 miles.. 86 miles who cares. Thats pretty silly of you to try and defend your Seattle skyline photo by saying Mt Ranier is only 54 miles away? Thats not too much further than Philadlephia being able to claim Manhattan in their skyline. Give me a break with the mountain.

Let me break it down for you chief.The Seattle skyline on its own isn't all that great.
Right on Chachi, Seattle, while its a fun city, the skyline is just eh.

Old 10-27-2007, 10:24 PM

79 posts, read 485,004 times
No offense to some of you people but i'm sick and tired of hearing people talk about mountains and stuff when talking about skylines. this is a definition of skyline.

Quote:
A skyline is best described as the overall or partial view of a silhouette of a city's tall buildings and structures consisting of many skyscrapers in front of the sky in the background.
P.S: ok stop mentioning mountain ok. the don't count we are talking about building and skyscrapers.
[/quote]

Old 10-27-2007, 11:22 PM

5,373 posts, read 12,990,427 times
How ridiculous people. Whether Mt. Rainier is 50 miles or 200 miles away the fact is its there and it is a beautiful site against OUR beautiful skyline.

Old 10-28-2007, 12:04 AM

288 posts, read 1,244,010 times
Default Seattle without question all day every day over Philly

Quote:
You are in desperate need of some new material jasper.

54 miles.. 86 miles who cares. Thats pretty silly of you to try and defend your Seattle skyline photo by saying Mt Ranier is only 54 miles away? Thats not too much further than Philadlephia being able to claim Manhattan in their skyline. Give me a break with the mountain.

Let me break it down for you chief.The Seattle skyline on its own isn't all that great.
You are a joke.........lol. The Seattle skyline runs circles around Philly, and and pretty much every other skyline in the US aside from only maybe three other cities. No one even cares about Philly's skyline. Quit being a hater and envious of a skyline superior to yours.

It is what it is. Seattle = Most beautiful skyline in the US period. With Skyscrapers, water, mountain what ever, don't hate just cause it's there. You keep talking about some mountain, as if, there are few skyscrapers (ie Philly, Boston, etc. etc.)

Philly skyline = Nobody really cares.

I bet you would give up a kidney to have a skyline like Seattle, or live in a city as vibrant. Your so worried about a mountain, just because we have one, and our topography is something dreams are made of....lol. what a joke. (We also have height, density, and a large downtown, with plenty of skyscrapers).

Philly has like 7 skyscrapers, Seattle has more than that going down one avenue. So to all you haters worried about some mountain, and what ever natural beauty Seattle's has that your city does not, get off it.

Seattle's skyline is known around the world, has an icon in the space needle, on TV shows etc. Most people don't know if Philly even has a skyline. Maybe if we count all the slums in Philly, as skysrapers you'll be Manhattan.

This one's for you rainrock my rust belt hater, and those living in skyline challenged cities.

This is what a real Skyline Looks like

The Big City of SEATTLE - The most beautiful skyline in the US

Seattle Density

Old 10-28-2007, 12:22 AM

4,552 posts, read 13,464,766 times
seattle really does have a nice skyline,I dont really like the space needle but it gives the skyline character and looks good with it.For the size of Seattle it is an amazing skyline.

Old 10-28-2007, 07:24 AM

625 posts, read 1,563,115 times
Without the needle (a 70's looking relic) most would confuse seattles skyline with detroit or minneapolis - and thats a god thing.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:04 AM

4,909 posts, read 12,535,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monumental1 View Post
You are a joke.........lol. The Seattle skyline runs circles around Philly, and and pretty much every other skyline in the US aside from only maybe three other cities. No one even cares about Philly's skyline. Quit being a hater and envious of a skyline superior to yours.

It is what it is. Seattle = Most beautiful skyline in the US period. With Skyscrapers, water, mountain what ever, don't hate just cause it's there. You keep talking about some mountain, as if, there are few skyscrapers (ie Philly, Boston, etc. etc.)

I bet you would give up a kidney to have a skyline like Seattle, or live in a city as vibrant. Your so worried about a mountain, just because we have one, and our topography is something dreams are made of....lol. what a joke. (We also have height, density, and a large downtown, with plenty of skyscrapers).

Philly has like 7 skyscrapers, Seattle has more than that going down one avenue. So to all you haters worried about some mountain, and what ever natural beauty Seattle's has that your city does not, get off it.

Seattle's skyline is known around the world, has an icon in the space needle, on TV shows etc.

Philly has 7 skyscrapers?

Seattle is the Manhattan of the west coast
From a large collection of photos I've seen of seattle I can tell I'd be extremely underwhelmed from 300 of the 360 degree view. Looks like you have a couple superior angles where everything falls into place.Overall it just doesn't have the density that I need in a skyline.

You are mistaken Philaldephia has 7 skyscrapers over 800' tall but it has hundreds and hundreds of smaller skyscrapers built over the past 150 years that you seem oblivious to.

To say seattle has the most beautiful skyline in the USA is an absolute joke.Thats a mental health checkup type of statement.Get a grip- It has 300 skyscrapers,thats less than Philadlephia. And-lets see here- about 5500 less than NYC. I can see I've touched a nerve.Take a valium and try to regroup, get it together man.

And why would I give a kidney to live in Seattle when I already live in a more vibrant city in Philadephia where the downtown density dwarfs seattle? Center City Philadlephia is the Third most populous downtown in the US behind NYC and Chicago and one that systematically destroys anything that you have going on in seattle. I couldnt say that if it werent true.

Trust me I'm not jealous of Seattle in any way whatsoever especially its skyline.As unbiased as I can be- I have no ax to grind with Seattle(other than a certain almost psychopathical skyline fanatic that I've come to know)- but its simply not as great as you try and make it out to be.

You might be needing these after your little verbal temper tantrum and ridiculous proclamations about an OK-nothing special-seattle skyline.

http://outside.away.com/outside/magazine/0695/images/122shovel.gif (broken link)

[img]

Last edited by rainrock; 10-28-2007 at 08:58 AM..

Old 10-28-2007, 08:14 AM

Default is it really that bad where you live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbear182 View Post
Without the needle (a 70's looking relic) most would confuse seattles skyline with detroit or minneapolis - and thats a god thing.
Ok, I've read some stupid post on here before, but this one takes the cake. Someone please give this guy an award...........

most might confuse Detroit with Seattle.............LOL.....Yeah maybe 100 years ago.

(Space needle) relic? More like world famous icon observation tower. That's why cities have copied it.........ie. Toronto, Las Vegas etc. What is the gateway arch then? I guess that is a relic too right? You have got to be kidding me.

What city are you from? another rust belt reject.

I Guess New York without, The empire state building would be mistaken for Chicago right? .........where are the intelligent people on this forum?

You sound about as rediculous as some other rain pebble saying it's not fare we have a beautiful mountain in our skyline. Take out the mountain, take out the space needle..............what the hell are you guys talking about........it's there, it's beautiful, the Skyline looks better than yours, and all you can do is hate.

You just gotta love how people hate on what is better than they have. LOVE IT!

Hate on this picture again while you are at it.

SEATTLE

Old 10-28-2007, 08:18 AM

Quote:
From a large collection of photos I've seen of seattle I can tell I'd be extremely underwhelmed from 110 of the 180 degree view. Looks like you have a couple superior angles where everything falls into place.Overall it just doesn't have the density that I need in a skyline.

You are mistaken Philaldephia has 7 skyscrapers over 800' tall but it has hundreds and hundreds of smaller skyscrapers built over the past 150 years that you seem oblivious to.

To say seattle has the most beautiful skyline in the USA is an absolute joke.Thats a mental health checkup type of statement.Get a grip- It has 300 skyscrapers,thats less than Philadlephia. And-lets see here- about 5500 less than NYC. I can see I've touched a nerve.Take a valium and try to regroup, get it together man.

And why would I give a kidney to live in Seattle when I already live in a more vibrant city in Philadephia where the downtown density dwarfs seattle? Center City Philadlephia is the Third most populous downtown in the US behind NYC and Chicago and one that systematically destroys anything that you have going on in seattle. I couldnt say that if it werent true.

Trust me I'm not jealous of Seattle in any way whatsoever especially its skyline.As unbiased as I can be- I have no ax to grind with Seattle(other than a certain almost psychopathical skyline fanatic that I've come to know)- but its simply not as great as you try and make it out to be.

You might be needing this after your little verbal temper tantrum and ridiculous proclamations about an OK-nothing special-seattle skyline.

I'm not really sure where you are going or trying to imply with a picture of some rope. I think most would agree that seems pretty innapropriate, I'm not sure if this forum is modorated, but I think you have crossed a line, and it should be addressed.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:49 AM

4,909 posts, read 12,535,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monumental1 View Post
I'm not really sure where you are going or trying to imply with a picture of some rope. I think most would agree that seems pretty innapropriate, I'm not sure if this forum is modorated, but I think you have crossed a line, and it should be addressed.
You are a real piece of work.

I wasn't implying anything other than your keystrokes are getting you into an awful lot of avoidable confrontations. Perhaps you've never heard the expression used when someone makes continuos ridiculous outlandish claims "given enough rope"

I'll tell you what since you don't seem to have much of a sense of humor I will edit the original post and put something else there. Hopefully you'll catch on a little better with that one.

To be perfectly honest if a moderator was needed you should be the one reprimanded for your personal attacks on other posters.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbear182

Originally Posted by jbear182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monumental1
Ok, I've read some stupid post on here before, but this one takes the cake. Someone please give this guy an award...........

most might confuse Detroit with Seattle.............LOL.....Yeah maybe 100 years ago.

Last edited by rainrock; 10-28-2007 at 09:17 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or