U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 05:18 PM

349 posts, read 790,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post
San Diego only gets 2 more inches of rain a year than Phoenix. It also does not rain in San Diego from April-November.
i meant dry as in dry air like phoenix has. i have lived in san diego, tucson (dry), south carolina (humid) and pennsylvania (too cold). i prefer san diego weather : )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2008, 05:24 PM

349 posts, read 790,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
SoCal is VERY dry, dont kid yourself. Im surprised the ridiculous forest fires there every year dont remind you of that? And San Diego would be considered humid to people from Vegas and Phoenix.
i am very familiar with the forest fires. if san diego is considered humid to people in vegas and phoenix, and i have lived in az and am currently in south carolina... which is very humid during the summer, do you see why i would see san diego as perfect?

az---->san diego---->sc
dry--->perfect--->humid

Old 12-08-2008, 05:56 PM

10,234 posts, read 13,985,869 times
Ideal:
San Diego, CA.

Bad:
Michigan

Old 12-15-2008, 12:06 AM

2,242 posts, read 5,556,847 times
Ideal: Chicago
Bad: Miami summers

Old 12-15-2008, 01:15 AM

2,898 posts, read 2,878,433 times
Ideal climate would be Chicago, Cleveland, Michigan Coast, Buffalo, Rochester summers (late April through mid October) Best weather in the nation HANDS DOWN during that period and Houston, Tampa or Corpus Christi for the other months.

Bad climate would be phoenix or Vegas (who wants to live in a oven for 6 months?)

Old 12-20-2008, 09:25 PM

155 posts, read 342,454 times
good, north florida to new york nice winters, and summers, north florida does get hot.

bad central florida south[ to hot and humid], and desert southwest states

Old 12-27-2008, 04:48 AM

3,644 posts, read 9,002,580 times
What's up with all these people naming places that are warm all year round? I would hate to live in a place that doesn't experience seasons. I like living here in Memphis because we have distinct seasons, but the summers are a little too hot & long and the winters could be colder & snowier. I guess the perfect climate for me would be a place like St. Louis or Louisville. They seem to have a good balance.

Old 12-27-2008, 08:02 AM

3,326 posts, read 7,750,175 times
Ideal: Northern New England, Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin... sort of in that order.

Not Ideal: Anywhere on the West Coast, anywhere in the Southwest, anywhere in the Southeast, and most parts of anything west of the Great Plains.
Montana and Idaho might be okay, but they could be a little too dry for me.

Old 12-27-2008, 08:57 AM

85 posts, read 237,937 times
In my opinon there is no "perfect" climate because a city/state that has a perfect, mild but warm winter might have a blistering, hot, humid summer so it makes sense to make a best and worst list for summer and winter

Best Summer: San Diego, Jersey Shore, Orange County California, basically anywhere its warm but has access to a beach and is cooler at night

Worst Summer: Houston, New Orleans, Fort Myers-Naples, Memphis, anywhere that has insane 90+humidity and temperatures 90+

Best Winter: West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Naples/Fort Myers
Worst Winter: North/South Dakota, Minnestota, Chicago, Boston, Maine, etc.

Old 12-27-2008, 05:53 PM

321 posts, read 1,421,885 times
I really enjoyed the weather in Salt Lake City when I lived there for about a year. Summer was hot, but not humid, quite comfortable. Winters were cold but not humid so it didn't feel very cold. I spent a lot of time playing in the snow. I've never seen such deep blue skies either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or