U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 04:24 PM

2,898 posts, read 2,878,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by south-to-west View Post
Nice try, but I'm not a homer about Atlanta like txguy is about Houston. I can admit Atlanta's problems and there are many times that I've agreed with others about Atlanta's problems. My post wasn't about Houston, as much as it is about txguy and his propensity to put down other people's cities in an irrational manner while trying to defend Houston.
OK then, fair enough
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2008, 05:23 PM

2,133 posts, read 5,619,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
OK then, fair enough
Thanks. I've never been to Houston, but now I want to see it after the way some of you Houstonians been selling your city. I'm sure I'll like it.

Old 12-09-2008, 10:11 PM

2,898 posts, read 2,878,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by south-to-west View Post
Thanks. I've never been to Houston, but now I want to see it after the way some of you Houstonians been selling your city. I'm sure I'll like it.
Well both Atlanta and houston are great world class cities that seem to get hated on alot on these forums. I guess they hate us for our success

Old 12-10-2008, 09:18 AM

40,056 posts, read 30,526,769 times
Huge numbers of Californians migrating to Texas? You mean California isn't the be-all, end-all paradise they're always claiming? What wonderful news!

Incidentally, I believe they have a problem up in Seattle with this apparent infestation of Californians. Take care, Texans: they've got you in their sights!

Old 12-10-2008, 09:28 AM

3,047 posts, read 8,138,814 times
three words:

cheap and hot

Old 12-10-2008, 09:34 AM

217 posts, read 235,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txguy2009 View Post
Uh...Austin is cooler than L.A. sorry breh. Nice upper class people >>>> a third-world city dominated by illegal immigrants in street gangs and avoiding earthquakes and mudslides.

who likes texas ugly ass back country theres parctically no greenery. So damn ugly there.

Old 12-10-2008, 09:44 AM

217 posts, read 235,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txguy2009 View Post
TX has its share of problems. I'm just saying....some people in L.A. seem to think it's the greatest place, when in reality everyone from other parts of the country think it's a nightmare and wouldn't live there even if you paid them to, and people much prefer SF or even SD/OC.

that's because it is the greatest. Why do 4 million people live in L.A. if it's a dump and why is L.A. the 2nd most visited city in america huh? I think you got it all wrong people love L.A. not hate it.

look at these charts L.A. is the secound largest city in america
List of United States cities by population - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

here a chart showing L.A. is most visited
Forbes:Americas 30 most visited cities!

don't tell me no one likes L.A.

Old 12-23-2008, 10:55 PM

804 posts, read 1,736,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanityRules View Post
who likes texas ugly ass back country theres parctically no greenery. So damn ugly there.
Nonsense.

Austin Images - Vacation Pictures of Austin, TX - TripAdvisor

Austin Photos - Featured Images of Austin, TX - TripAdvisor

Austin Photos - Featured Images of Austin, TX - TripAdvisor

Old 12-23-2008, 10:59 PM

18,633 posts, read 27,056,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanityRules View Post
who likes texas ugly ass back country theres parctically no greenery.
Good Lord

Old 12-23-2008, 10:59 PM

702 posts, read 2,062,415 times
It was only a matter of time. Arizona, Utah, and Idaho have been invaded in the past five years for all the reasons mentioned in this thread. I imagine high cost and congestion are driving people away from the cesspool of SoCal, and it's only going to get worse as the population continues to swell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.